“Check yourself before you wreck yourself” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: For those who dream of extreme fishing, this is your golden opportunity. Take a day trip with Captain "Mark the Shark" and see if you can catch yourself a monster. The captain of your expedition is a world record holder in a variety of fishing categories, so expect expert advice. Monster Fishing has been operating in the Miami area for 24 years. Aside from fishing trips, the company facilitates dive trips, bay cruises, weekly trips to the Keys, and a yacht charter, so you can take off on your own personal aquatic adventure.
Miami
5 attraction reviews
“Check yourself before you wreck yourself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW via mobile

First of all I'd like to say, the yelp reviews are far better for this charter. We left about 1 hour later than he said we would
. We paid for a shark trip. We spent about 2 hours trying to catch bonita for bait and ended up going back in. HORRIBLE VALUE. VERY RUDE. DRINKS A LOT AND THROWS WASTE IN THE OCEAN.

Visited September 2014

Folsom, California
“Extremely Professional Crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

A friend and I were in Miami for business and came in a day early to fish with Mark. From our initial call to the end of the fishing trip, Mark and his crew were extremely professional. We ended up with a sand shark towards the end of our 9 hour trip, but what stood out to me the most was how relentless these guys were going after the fish. I've been on other trips where if the fish aren't biting the deckhands get nonchalant, and basically seem to stop caring. These guys were always working, rebaiting, and constantly trying to find fish. Also, Mark was great to deal with from the point we reached out to him by phone a month prior to the trip, he texted and emailed photos frequently to the lead up to our trip. Even after our trip he stayed in contact with us emailing and mailing photos to us. Also, we got the best price around for a full day trip. Mark the Shark cannot be beat!

Visited December 2014
“Caught two fish of our lives in two days....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

Mark is one of the best fishers I have ever seen. Constantly aware of conditions and his crew he runs his boat the way I feel Alexander the Great would rule an empire. The two straight days my wife and I fished were filled with great memories, great people, and great action. I would say that if you were looking for something to do just for fun, if you want to shut your mouth and learn from a real life professional at the top of the food chain, or anywhere in between go fish with the Offical MARK THE SHARK...

btw the we caught a nine foot bull shark over 500lbs

Sacramento, California
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

My coworker and I were in Miami for a sales conference and booked Mark the Shark a few days earlier. It was very turn key, fished a full day. Mark quoted us a very fair price for the day. The fishing was slow, but I felt Mark and crew never gave up. It paid off, we landed one nice shark. It was well worth the wait. He runs a clean boat and his mates are great to B.S. with as well. Thanks Mark, Ryan and Nate...

Visited December 2014
“YES! THIS IS THE CHARTER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014 via mobile

If you're searching for a knowledgeable crew, sea-worthy vessel, and a well seasoned, big-game-fish catching veteran as your captain, then you've come to the right place!
From the first time I called MTS to book the trip: Mark himself answered ,we discussed details and he kept in contact via phone and e-mail until we arrived at the marina. Excellent communication.
6 of us arrived at the marina that morning, Striker1 waiting and ready to go!
He and his crew were kind enough to take our bags(drinks,snacks etc) from our car to the boat and into the coolers.(no bananas!)
We were then invited aboard and welcomed to (at our own risk) to explore any part of the vessel. My fiance & our friend for example had an awesome view from the tuna tower for part of the trip! WOW!
As we left the bay the waters are so bright blue almost clear! What a sight! (absolutely beeeeeautiful views of Miami and her islands on our way out & back! btw) the further we ventured out though, the water became a little rough (was expected as it was quite windy that day...) & unfortunately left all but two of us capable of actually fishing.(when you go off-shore, don't forget to bring your sea legs!!!)
I personally fought and reeled in a rather large sized sailfish! I fish recreationally & have never caught a fish of that size before! It was memorable to say the least! Very thankful to Mark's friendly and helpful crew for the assistance (lost my footing at times) and tips on how to finesse the reel to land the monster fish!
Another member of our party (first time in FL & first time fishing!)also got to battle and land a monster sailfish!!! What FUN!!!!!
Back at the dock I got to hand feed our unused bait to the "pets" aka tarpon swimming around the slips!
We were all invited for a tour of Mark's office "The Swamp"! & then it hits you: this guy REEEALLY is a true legend! A real ace of his trade!
I cannot WAIT to get back out on the water with Mark and his crew!!! All were friendly, persona le, hospitable and incredibly well trained in their fields.
I suggest anyone reading this, who is looking for an unforgettable time with an unforgettable crew, in a gorgeous setting of south Florida,call Mark The Shark and get out there!!!!! You're WELCOME! :o)