“Dylan's” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
5 attraction reviews
“Dylan's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dylan's Candy Bar has some outside tables on Lincoln Road, so we thought we'd give it a try. First of all, this was the worst service we've ever received on Lincoln. Food was very mediocre and very overpriced. There are many places on Lincoln Road with much better food and service!

Orlando, Florida
136 attraction reviews
“Candy Man Can”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Younger generations don’t remember the 1972 hit song by Sammy Davis Jr., “The Candy Man.” Walking along Lincoln Road (a pedestrian mall between 16th and 17th streets), I spied colorful Dylan’s Candy Bar. The titular Dylan is Ralph Lauren’s daughter, famous in her own right. Approaching an age at which diabetes risks increase, I resisted temptation, but the eye candy is a delight and reminded me of the days I ogled tons of sugar and thought mortality was an entitlement. The eye candy is the only reasonably priced item. Items for sale are exorbitantly priced, and I can’t even pay attention. Enjoy the excessive air conditioning on hot evenings, and the free color explosion that rivals Chihuly glass art and flowers in Wizard of Oz Munchkinland.

Miami, Florida
“Tourist Trap Priced Candy Store in SoBe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not at all what we expected when we purchased a voucher through Gilt City for a Sugar Rush Ticket which consisted of two scoops of ice cream of our choice along with half a pound of toppings for $9. When we went yesterday, we went up to the host at the front and showed our Gilt City voucher. He was pretty clueless on this offer. He asked us to sit down and someone would be right with us. So we sat and waited for about ten minutes before the guy HE WAS SPEAKING WITH came to our table. Finally, our waiter comes and we show him the voucher and he was also pretty clueless. So he tells us to select two flavors of ice cream which we do. We are then given a cup to put our toppings in. We had no idea we would only be able to choose candy, no other sort of toppings for our ice cream. I've never put candy in my ice cream. It just doesn't make a good combination. We were expecting perhaps hot fudge, cherries, bananas, sprinkles, but no. All that was at an extra charge. So our waiter then comes out with our ice cream in a cup the same size as the cup given to us to choose our candy toppings. I said, "Sir, how can we pour these toppings over the ice cream?" He had no idea what to say. So I asked if they had a bowl to give us. He went to the back and brought us one. Why didn't he bring this in the first place? What was he expecting us to do? Eat the candy and ice cream separately?
So we finish our ice cream and there was no way we could eat all the toppings since it was too much chocolate. I asked our waiter for a a top to cover the cup for the chocolate. They didn't even had lids and they had to give me a lid they used for soda drinks.
Not only was our Gilt City voucher not worth the $9 because the scoops of ice cream were very small, this place is VERY EXPENSIVE and a TOURIST TRAP. It's in the heart of Lincoln Road where the Ghiradelli's was at. Candy is $13.99 a pound which is ridiculous and unheard of. Since it's located in the beach and Lincoln Road has a huge mark up on rent, that is the price you need to pay.
Please bring back Ghiradelli's. They have way better chocolate and their hot chocolate was amazing.
This place sucks and will not last long.

Delray Beach, FL
18 attraction reviews
“Fun little candy shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The place is pretty neat- reminded me a little of It's Sugar! in Delray Beach, but this place had its own unique character. The selection of classic candies is a lot of fun and their candy bar flavors were neat - bacon chocolate bar! I have not yet tried it yet. Unlike another review, the staff were very helpful and friendly to us. They were able to locate maybe the last bacon bar for us (shipment was scheduled for Monday) and overall the employees were very friendly and professional.

Visited May 2013
18 attraction reviews
“I'm in heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Love the store! All sort of candy and sooo good... Some candy had a vintage label, that makes you want erverything. i purchased the unreal candy and it was delicious! The service was very polite and attentive.