“They were so nice and tried really hard, but...” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 296 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Just The Funny - Miami's Home for Improv and Sketch Comedy! The most prolific and celebrated improv theatre company in South Florida, and 5-time winner of the New Times - Best of Miami award, Just The Funny's cast of comedic actors presents interactive shows every Friday and Saturday night at 9:00 pm, featuring sketches, parodies, music and improvised scenes, including everything from "Whose Line is it Anyway" to "Chicago-style" long-form improv, and it's all based on YOUR suggestions! The Just The Funny Theater is located at 3119 Coral Way in Miami (just 6 blocks East of Miracle Mile), and is a spacious, yet intimate, 100 seat theater with stadium seating, and even a VIP box. Just The Funny presents shows at the theater every Friday and Saturday night at 9 pm, and also offers classes in South Florida's only improv training center, featuring 5 levels of adult improv classes, a sketch writing class, and classes for kids and teens. Each of the classes concludes with a student performance and certificate of completion.
Savannah, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“They were so nice and tried really hard, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

They had electrical problems earlier in the day but were gracious enough to offer the tickets at half price. Everyone was really great and hospitable, but I just think that maybe this was their B team or maybe they were having an 'off' night due to the electricity issues. The jokes just weren't there that night.

Visited June 2013

California Hot Springs, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great VDay show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place IS AWESOME, small theater but with excellent actors.
Very affordable including the snack bar.

At first I was afraid I was petrified.....
I will survive and I did.
Don't get me wrong I was a little hesitant coming here but I was totally wrong. This place is so worth your time, you won't regret it. I came here yesterday with my boyfriend for a Valentine Show. It was great way to end our night instead of being in a crowded restaurant. Hilarious and a perfect place to bring your date or friend.

The best part was getting guests to participate throughout the show. My boyfriend and I happened to be one of them (as usual I was hesitant). Something I would not forget, Dominant vs Submissive. Sad I still lost, but it was okay since I still had fun. Anyway Michael & Johnny were my fave, they did the most absurd acting ever and it was hilarious. The bachelorette was a nice touch to those single ladies out there. Although it would've been better if the bachelors paraded/gyrated around the woman while playing the love machine song hahaha.

The show was excellent and the actors were great. We enjoyed their improv. It was original and one of a kind. BEST NIGHT EVER! If I am around Miami again I will come back. I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't mind coming back again.

Visited February 2013