“Go to bonefish better food and prices” 2 of 5 stars

305.275.0226
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 3,650 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 88th Street, 117th Avenue
Description: Devon Seafood + Steak offers the area’s freshest premium seafood, Prime steaks and an impressive wine selection. We work with quality fishmongers, water men, ranchers & artisan producers to create dishes that are excellent from the start, using fine ingredients that separate the good from the great. Enjoy seamless service in a classic, upscale atmosphere that sets it apart from other Kendall restaurants.
“Go to bonefish better food and prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The prices are outrageous for the quality of food. I had seared ahi tuna $39.00. The sushi we ordered for appetizer no substance mostly rice very poor. The rest of the meal average, four of us.
Service was excellent, I guess that's what we were paying for.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

miami
“A bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a newcomer quasi-fine dining restaurant to the West Kendall area in Dade County. As the name implies, it is a seafood and steakhouse place. We made reservation for five on Friday night, and our table was ready upon arrival. We were seated on a booth for six people, but I might say , it is very tight and uncomfortable for six guests . The three sided configuration doesn't work well. There is enough seating, but not enough table. That aside, our server Lenin, was very professional, courteous and attentive. He gave us good information. As it was our first visit, and did not know the sizes of portions, we skipped appetizers wit our sight set on desserts. We order a bottle of wine from their decent offering. The bottles are marked up between 300% to 75%, as they go up in price. Our bottle was one of those 300% marked up. The fish we all ordered , were fresh and seasoned right. I had the Ahi Tuna, which was cooked to perfection, even though it was not sushi grade, it was a 90 rate. One of the two sides I order with my dish was not brought in, but I normally don't complain. But everybody was happy with their selections. They tout their biscuits very highly, but I did not find them something to write home about. The Carrot Cake was good for dessert, and the Creme Brule was average. In all, one $56 bottle of wine , no appetizer, and two desserts, and five fish dishes, for $300. I find it a bit overpriced. In all fairness, Bonefish Grill is a better deal....for my taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was able to order Barramundi which was excellent. Last time I had it was in Australia. This fish is from the Australia & New Zealand area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Exceeded All Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went here for Sunday Brunch to celebrate English Mother's Day which is a different day than it is in America. I had told the restaurant in advance what we were celebrating and everyone from the greeters to the waiter to the manager wished my Mum a Happy Mother's Day and made her feel special so we were off to a very good start! We all had the brunch which at $27.95 is a really good deal. The cold seafood selection included oysters and a wonderful selection of peel and eat shrimp, sushi, smoked fish and the staff were exceedingly helpful with recommending different toppings for the oysters. The salad bar had mozzarella and tomato salad with arugala, fresh field greens with strawberries, an Asian pasta salad and an interesting take on a greek salad. My husband said the prime rib was superb and I have to say everything we tried was excellent plus the hot food was really hot which is a real treat as so often buffet food remains only luke warm so hats off to Devon for keeping the hot food hot! The bacon, ham, salmon, green beans, potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausages, shrimp enchiladas were all wonderful. The hot biscuits brought to the table by Jeff, one of the excellent managers, were divine! My Mother and I had a flight of sparkling wines, called Tiny Bubbles, which gave a 2 oz pour of three different sparkling wines, all of which were delicious. We were also treated us to a glass of champage each for Mother's Day and Jeff also impressed us with his willingness to do any job in the restaurant - talk about leading by example. Outstanding! Cannot wait to go back. Two minor inconveniences - when the dishes ran out in the buffet, they did take a while to be refilled but they were worth the wait; also, on the Devon web page there are some errors in the price of the brunch drinks compared to the cost when you get to the restaurant but I have already written to the Devon webmaster advising him of this. Kudos to Jeff, Robert (our wonderful waiter) and all the staff at Devon for giving us a brunch to remember. We cannot wait to go back but do make a reservation, it does get busy! There is also an omlette station but we did not try this. Also, if you are a family with children aged under 4, the kids eat free so they will love the waffles and eggs etc.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Key, Largo
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went on a date to this place when it first opened. We had a great time and the food was delicious. Our server was very attentive. I look forward to visiting again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Devon? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Devon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.