“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this property for a birthday weekend with friends. It was the weekend between Christmas and New Year's so rates were extremely high all over Miami Beach and Downtown. This hotel was reasonably priced at under $200 a night. It was well kept but our AC unit didn't work very well. Our room was musty and smelled like a wet dog. Everyone was very friendly and the bar had a nice happy hour. Parking was Valet only and cost over $20 per night. That was reasonable and expected for Miami but worth mentioning in case someone is visiting and not expecting it. The hotel is within walking distance from plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and grocery stores. It's also very close to the Metro Rail although we took cabs instead. The front desk is happy to call a cab for you but it takes 15-30 minutes so plan accordingly. It's not 5 star by any stretch but it's a great affordable hotel with a fun Miami Vibe.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is nice and spacious but the layout is not ideal. For some reason the the ac/fan is facing the bed so throughout the whole night you have this fan in your face which ain't great. Minor things such as toilets not locking I'm not a like as much. The other thing is that they told us that breakfast was included and we were then billed $10 each! Later telling us that everything was marked but they only put the sign afterwards!

Stayed December 2013
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Aloft Miami Brickell, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you found our hotel nice and spacious. We appreciate the feedback on the AC unit and our communication on the breakfast. Again, thank you for your review.
Duvall, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night before our cruise. We arrived around 7PM, check in was very fast. We got to our room, which was huge. I do agree with others, they could use a few brighter lights especially by the bed. I could not read very well, but other than that had no complaints with the room. We were hungry so asked front desk where to go for eats. They directed us over about 4 blocks which was awesome. Several bars and places to eat. Plus a store right there also so we were able to pick up pop & water for our cruise. Next morning had the breakfast, was OK for what we needed. Called a cab and was only a 12.00 cab ride to cruise terminal. We already have reservations for April to stay here night before cruise. Perfect for what we needed.

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

With some friends we decided to spend a weekend in Brickell to enjoy the nightlife without having to drive home late at night. Aloft Hotel was in the perfect location at the right price.

The hotel is quaint, youthful, the decor is modern and very pleasant. We liked the amenities in the room especially the coffee/tea maker, the free coffee in the lobby - the only thing we all did not like was the bed pillows - they must go !! please replace them with pillows that by morning will not cripple the neck -)

Otherwise loved the hotel, the bar, music and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Many rooms seems to have a unique layout - most rooms appeared good, views varied.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Aloft Miami Brickell, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found its location convenient. We appreciate your feedback on the pillows. Again, thanks for your review.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am a fan of the W hotels so I kinda knew what to expect upon arrival. It is located in a central location downtown in Brickell. Brickell is a new development area downtown so there is some construction going on but you can walk a few blocks to some really cool shops, bars, and trendy restaurants.

The Hotel: I requested the 14th floor (for the view) days before arriving. I got it. Check in was at 3pm and I arrived at noon.... not a big deal. My room wasn't ready yet so they took my #, I left for lunch, and a few hours later I received a call stating everything was ready to go. Nice friendly staff at the check in. Lovely and well decorated lobby and bar area. Trendy outside patio area where folks hung out at night with a few cocktails. Small but very chic little hotel.

Pros:
Room: Nice and comfy. Everything was clean, well decorated, and the view was great from the 14th floor. I loved the modern furniture and the art and lighting in the room ( especially over the bed) Nice collection of lotions and body washes in the shower. Nice plasma on the wall, very modern glass shower. Loved it.

Cons:
Valet: The hotel is small and so is the valet area. It was a headache getting in and out of the place. I'm not sure how they could fix it but they should have thought about that before buying that particular lot. Is it enough to choose a different hotel next time? No. I could deal with the valet. The decor, staff, and location sort of made up for that.

Room Tip: The hotel is located a great spot downtown.No need to drive. Just keep your car in valet and foot it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Aloft Miami Brickell, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Nicholette80, thank you for your thorough review. We are happy to hear you liked our location and enjoyed our comfortable, clean and modern hotel. We appreciate the feedback on the valet. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Brickell area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Brand new building. Modern, Minimalist design means no drawers, no dresser, no closet door, no door to bathroom vanity area, "mood" lighting (not bright esp for reading in bed).Small room. Great for one person, but for two....not so much. We stayed 3 nights and got used to the design/nature of the quarters. Ice available in main lobby only or by room service.
Very young staff, very friendly and quite helpful. Our AC was not cooling the room on the first night and the front desk had it corrected upon request. Very comfortable king bed. Unfortunately, we could hear our neighbors' TV at bedtime thru the wall.
Parking - valet only at $22/day. It has a pool, but we didn't check it out.
Has a young, hip vibe. Price point was quite for that area of Miami. We chose tis hotel because its location is close to family living in Brickell and would stay there again because of that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We booked this room over the phone with a starwood agent for two nights. This hotel is modern and clean. In a nut-shell the service was poor, very poor. The valet here is slow. So if you have somewhere to be leave your room 15 minutes early. I am use to valet guys running and having a sense of urgency. This was not the case here at all. My husband and I were in town for a wedding and needed to be on time. We asked if we could go get our own car and the valet guy told us we weren't allowed up on that level of the parking deck. This was our first stay at Aloft but not our first Starwood Hotel. I totally understand that the rooms are half the price of the W or Sheraton but geez. My husband went downstairs and asked for a recommendation on dinner places and the guy at the desk said he didn't know of any...we also asked for a wine opener and they said we couldn't take it to our room but to bring the bottle downstairs and they would open it. I hate to complain but that was just weird to me. Lastly when it was time to check out my bill was over double what I had booked it for. I was then told to provide proof so I went and got my iPad. Once I showed them, they DID change it. But they didn't even wait for me to walk away before they started debating on how I booked at that price. I overheard the manager say, "Well if she has proof we have to honor it..." That just rubbed me the wrong way because had I not had the email who knows what would have happened. The only good things I can say are probably the most important and what people normally look for. It was clean, room was spacious, awesome shampoo and body wash :), pretty city views and the breakfast was not too shabby. If you are looking for service look elsewhere. We would probably stay again, and not expect the "W" experience and service...maybe motel 6 service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review DR2011. We’re glad you found our hotel clean, rooms spacious and liked our bathroom amenities. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback on the valet and the service and will ensure this information gets passed along to the right team. Again, thanks for your review.

Been to Aloft Miami Brickell? Share your experiences!