“Hot 'n Black” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Brunch
New York City, New York
“Hot 'n Black”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This review is for the South Beach Panther location.

Panther is my new best friend. Can we keep the place secret before it gets invaded by South Beach Fembots? Seriously. Go in and have a look around. Have a cup of coffee and maybe some quiche. When is the last time (in South Beach) you were helped by someone who was friendly, knowledgeable about their product, offered great suggestions AND appeared to have zero body parts surgically enhanced??? I know it sounds crazy, but I'm for real!

My coffee has been great every time I visit. I drink lots of strong, black coffee, so I can only comment on that. Unsure of the other drinks. I'm a real fan of the aesthetic. Love the exposed joists and ducts. There's lots of space to stand while checking out the cool items for sale, or for having a seat. Good magazines as well. The vibe is friendly and pretty mellow.
When I'm there, I close my eyes and pretend I'm home in Brooklyn. Delicious.

• Visited July 2013

Miami, FL
“Best iced coffee I've ever had, and I don't like coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been to Panther Coffee the last 4 weekends in a row since discovering it. All the employees are very friendly. All I've had so far is the iced coffee. I'm a little obsessed with it!! And, they have 2 kinds of simple syrup to use instead of regular sugar so you don't get that gritty sugar in the bottom that doesn't dissolve. It's nice to sit outside under the shade of the tree they have out front. Their cookies are really good too :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Quality Coffee Meets Industrial Chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Yes, you can throw a stone just about anywhere in Miami and hit a storefront of a place that can churn out great Café Cubano. But quality Americanos, quality coffee beans, or quality plain black coffee without three gallons of sugar dumped into each cup? Not so much. My husband and I are both coffee junkies from Seattle, so our bar is set fairly high, and I’d say that Panther could hold its own among northwest roasters like Stumptown or Victrola. Panther has an industrial chic vibe to it, and this is definitely where the cool kids go, but it doesn’t feel exclusionary or elitist in any way. It’s a fantastic stop during the Wynwood Art Walk, since its smack in the middle of about 20 or 30 galleries, has a ton of outdoor seating for good people watching, and, possibly most important, has a bathroom. If you happen to be in Wynwood on an Art Walk evening and want food to go with your coffee, I’d recommend exploring the massive food truck congregation in the nearby gravel parking lot.

• Visited April 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stop and chill while exploring this fantastic street art area of mid-town Miami.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I had to persuade my wife to stop here but she was glad I did. The exterior is unassuming but it belies the great coffee, simple but fabulous pastries and cookies, and other drink options (like root beers and fruit juices) you find inside. Relaxed friendly staff, and you can sit inside or out. Only little tip would be for owners to be firm with slobs allowing their dogs to sit in the lovely raised flower planters. I love dogs, but ... Anyway, check out this place and you'll enjoy it.

• Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
“Really good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you want speciality coffee made by people that know coffee then this is the place for you. This is not for you Starbucks fans as this is the real stuff. Excellent coffee for the coffee drinker.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Panther Coffee? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Panther Coffee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.