“Incredible Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 122 attractions in Miami
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zoological Wildlife Foundation has the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry dozens of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. Contact us for more information or to arrange a private custom tour.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Incredible Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I originally found this on trip advisor and was so excited after booking. We booked the regular tour plus 15 min tiger cub encounter. I had hoped all week that it would be what I hoped, it was SO much more. This is something I will never forget. Ally was our tour guide and she was very knowledgeable and passionate about these animals. This was not just her job, she loved it, and I have to say she has an incredible job, I'm jealous! :) the tour was private with just her and us two. She drove us around in the golf cart and showed us several fascinating animals. The most fascinating was watching the big cats run and play just like domestic cats. The part that surprised me was when one of the monkeys was reaching out to hold my hand, the look in her eyes was precious. It really took me by surprise how gentle and loving she was, I wish I remembered her name because when I come back I'd love to see her again. The time at the end with the baby cub was Unbelievable!!!! I will never forget this. To play and love on a baby cub on a couch like I'm in my living room was just surreal...she was so loving and I will cherish my phone video forever. I wish I remembered her name too, I will definitely come back and would be cool to see her grown, although I know cuddling will be off the table haha. I would highly recommend this to everyone, especially if you are an animal lover this will be a priceless time that you won't forget!

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We were with our 19 month year old and he LOVED. Take the gameplay with the tiger.
We were with Andrea who was great and took amazing photos!

Visited September 2013
Moray, Scotland.
“If in Miami, this should be top of your 'to do' list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Fabulous day at the ZWF where our guide (sorry forgotten her name) was very knowledgable on all the animals we were introduced to on our visit. The interaction with the animals is something that should be experienced to appreciate the level of attention to detail required in caring for these animals and giving them an environment as close to natural inhabitat as possible. Our kids loved having interaction with the baby Gibbon as we completed the paperwork (very nice surprise to begin our day) we fed the Camels/Pecan/Monkeys and had full interaction with the baby fox and the highlight was the baby Tiger Cub which our kids have claimed to be the most amazing thing EVER!
I would highly recommend this a s a great family experience as it's very private and the guided tour (which I can't praise high enough) is very informative and professional yet the love for the animals truly evident. A MUST!!!!

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience, a must visit in Miami!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Loved the tour and the overall experience! My daughter loved the interactions with the leemar, the baby monkey, the snow leopard cub and the tiger cub! Very nice and knowledgeable staff and she got a chance to feed the snow leopard cub! We had a great time, thanks!

London, ON
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was the most amazing experience. You get to see the animals close up and the staff are so knowledgeable. It is an amazing facility that does an amazing thing is saving and taking care of all of the animals that they do. I would recommend this experience to everyone. Who else can say they've held a baby tiger?!