“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 122 attractions in Miami
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zoological Wildlife Foundation has the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry dozens of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. Contact us for more information or to arrange a private custom tour.
Manchester, Connecticut
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is beyond words...the best I can come up with is absolutely amazing! As an animal lover I would highly, highly recommend going here! The tours last about an hour but the memories you'll take home will be forever! The tour started with being able to hold Hannah a baby gibbon followed by two pata monkeys named Taj and Mahal who were beyond adorable!We stopped at the toucan and was able to hold and feed him blueberries. The tour continued through the grounds stopping and visiting various animals from goats to camels, to types of monkeys, to ligers, to tigers, to lions, to alligators and so much more! We paid a little extra to play with the two baby tiger cubs they had. Tigers are my favorite animal of all time and being able to interact and hold them was a dream come true!! Besides marrying my husband this was the best day of my life! Thank you so much to both our guide and the owners who not only take in all these magnificent creatures but take such amazing care of them too!

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
“Incredible experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just took my boyfriend here for his birthday on May 9th, 2013. The facility is beautiful, incredibly well kept, and very welcoming. Our tour guide was Andrea and she was extremely knowledgeable . She made it feel more like a friend was showing us around their favorite place rather than a typical tour- and this tour was anything but typical! They also had bug spray and sunscreen in the bathrooms which I thought was very thoughtful and definitely a necessity! We were able to hold and interact with baby patas monkeys, baby gibbon apes, a baby anteater, a toucan, and a baby tiger cub. We also got to see a ton of other animals up close such as bear cats, adult gibbons, giant anteaters, lemurs, tigers, and capuchin monkeys to name a few. You can really tell they truly care about their animals and take great pride in caring for them. All the tours are given by caretakers themselves. If you are an animal lover, or know one, and you want a hands on magical and personal interaction, GO HERE!!!!

It is important to note that this is NOT a zoo. You have to schedule private tours to go there and this is not a place you spend all day at- although I wish I could!

Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking for something for my husband and I to do on Friday when we arrived in Miami. We'd been to other wildlife attractions and to the Everglades on previous trips so I did a search for Zoos in Miami and the Zoological Wildlife Foundation popped up and It sounded like a a lot of fun, so called and made 12pm reservations for Friday May 3rd. After a little initial confusion (could not find our reservations, which evidently had been stuck behind another guests) we began our tour. Our tour guide was Alley, a very nice and super enthusiastic young lady, who clearly loved all the animals and her job. She first introduced us to a baby gibbon clinging to a pillow who was adorable and quickly learned not to leave anything within her very long grasp! Next we met 2 young monkeys (forgot there names and breed). Next we met a Toucan that we were able to hold on our arms and feed blueberries (his favorite food) and would take them gently from our fingers. Next we went on to meet a bearcat, camels, gibbons, tigers, lions....I'm probably missing one or two here... but then Alley brought out a timber wolf cub who was very friendly and playful, next a red fox cub, which by the way looks nothing like a red fox as a cub) which we both got to hold. Next, and this was my favorite since I love Tigers, we got to meet Miya the tiger cub who was about 5 weeks old. Alley explained that she and her siblings had been rejected by their mother and that the owner had to spend many hours getting them to feed since once rejected, it is next to impossible to get them to feed. Anyhow, it was truly amazing experience and both my husband and I were able to hold her. Fabulous experience and would highly recommend upgrading to get the tiger cub encounter. And, again, Alley our guide was fabulous. Thanks so much for a great experience!

Boynton Beach
“Unbelievable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was brought here as a surprise for my birthday and I have to say it was the most amazing experience. To start off, Ally (I'm not sure how to spell her name), brought out a couple monkeys for us to interact with. This alone would have been worth the trip. We played with Hannah, which was followed up by Taj and Mahal who were a couple of patas monkeys who would not stop hugging each other. All 3 were amazing and beautiful animals.

We then had a tour of the grounds and Ally took the time to teach us a little bit about each of the animals and how they came to be there. She was very knowledgeable and sweet and went above and beyond to make sure our visit was memorable. Our tour ended with a baby fox and wolf encounter and ultimately with a sloth encounter which was absolutely amazing. Anyone that knows me knows I'm crazy for sloths. I don't really know why, but I love those little guys lol.

The whole experience ended up making it the best birthday I've ever had in my 38 years and would highly recommend the Zoological Wildlife Foundation for a visit at LEAST once. We are planning to go back at least a couple more times with family so they can experience and learn what we did. Can't wait!

“Amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our visit to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation was the highlight of our time in Miami. We were able to hold a baby gibbon! I also enjoyed seeing the bear cats up close. The toucan ate food right out of our hands! Our tour guide (Andrea) was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the animals. I highly recommend this tour! Due to traffic, it was a somewhat lengthy drive from downtown Miami but well worth it!