“Incredible experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 264 Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. The GPS sends travelers via a dirt road. COMING FROM THE NORTH: Take Turnpike Heading South Exit: Eureka Drive - 184 street Make a right turn heading west until Krome Avenue (177 ave) Make a right heading North to 160 street. Make a right heading East for half mile to 172 ave. Make a right. We are on the left side about a half block down.
4 attraction reviews
“Incredible experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just took my boyfriend here for his birthday on May 9th, 2013. The facility is beautiful, incredibly well kept, and very welcoming. Our tour guide was Andrea and she was extremely knowledgeable . She made it feel more like a friend was showing us around their favorite place rather than a typical tour- and this tour was anything but typical! They also had bug spray and sunscreen in the bathrooms which I thought was very thoughtful and definitely a necessity! We were able to hold and interact with baby patas monkeys, baby gibbon apes, a baby anteater, a toucan, and a baby tiger cub. We also got to see a ton of other animals up close such as bear cats, adult gibbons, giant anteaters, lemurs, tigers, and capuchin monkeys to name a few. You can really tell they truly care about their animals and take great pride in caring for them. All the tours are given by caretakers themselves. If you are an animal lover, or know one, and you want a hands on magical and personal interaction, GO HERE!!!!

It is important to note that this is NOT a zoo. You have to schedule private tours to go there and this is not a place you spend all day at- although I wish I could!

• Korean first
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking for something for my husband and I to do on Friday when we arrived in Miami. We'd been to other wildlife attractions and to the Everglades on previous trips so I did a search for Zoos in Miami and the Zoological Wildlife Foundation popped up and It sounded like a a lot of fun, so called and made 12pm reservations for Friday May 3rd. After a little initial confusion (could not find our reservations, which evidently had been stuck behind another guests) we began our tour. Our tour guide was Alley, a very nice and super enthusiastic young lady, who clearly loved all the animals and her job. She first introduced us to a baby gibbon clinging to a pillow who was adorable and quickly learned not to leave anything within her very long grasp! Next we met 2 young monkeys (forgot there names and breed). Next we met a Toucan that we were able to hold on our arms and feed blueberries (his favorite food) and would take them gently from our fingers. Next we went on to meet a bearcat, camels, gibbons, tigers, lions....I'm probably missing one or two here... but then Alley brought out a timber wolf cub who was very friendly and playful, next a red fox cub, which by the way looks nothing like a red fox as a cub) which we both got to hold. Next, and this was my favorite since I love Tigers, we got to meet Miya the tiger cub who was about 5 weeks old. Alley explained that she and her siblings had been rejected by their mother and that the owner had to spend many hours getting them to feed since once rejected, it is next to impossible to get them to feed. Anyhow, it was truly amazing experience and both my husband and I were able to hold her. Fabulous experience and would highly recommend upgrading to get the tiger cub encounter. And, again, Alley our guide was fabulous. Thanks so much for a great experience!

Boynton Beach
“Unbelievable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was brought here as a surprise for my birthday and I have to say it was the most amazing experience. To start off, Ally (I'm not sure how to spell her name), brought out a couple monkeys for us to interact with. This alone would have been worth the trip. We played with Hannah, which was followed up by Taj and Mahal who were a couple of patas monkeys who would not stop hugging each other. All 3 were amazing and beautiful animals.

We then had a tour of the grounds and Ally took the time to teach us a little bit about each of the animals and how they came to be there. She was very knowledgeable and sweet and went above and beyond to make sure our visit was memorable. Our tour ended with a baby fox and wolf encounter and ultimately with a sloth encounter which was absolutely amazing. Anyone that knows me knows I'm crazy for sloths. I don't really know why, but I love those little guys lol.

The whole experience ended up making it the best birthday I've ever had in my 38 years and would highly recommend the Zoological Wildlife Foundation for a visit at LEAST once. We are planning to go back at least a couple more times with family so they can experience and learn what we did. Can't wait!

“Amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our visit to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation was the highlight of our time in Miami. We were able to hold a baby gibbon! I also enjoyed seeing the bear cats up close. The toucan ate food right out of our hands! Our tour guide (Andrea) was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the animals. I highly recommend this tour! Due to traffic, it was a somewhat lengthy drive from downtown Miami but well worth it!

“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading a couple reviews on trip advisor I thought why not let me book a tour and see how it goes and without a doubt it was by far the best experience I have ever encountered even though on the day of my tour it was raining me and my family enjoyed the tour very much. My tour guide was ally she was great!. I am a animal lover and being able to interact with different wild animals was incredible.
Such a amazing experience to be able to interact with two female siberian tiger cubs I did not want to leave!
The facility was well organized and clean the staff were very friendly as well. Me and my family are definitely planning to come back real soon.