“Unbelievable experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 264 Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. The GPS sends travelers via a dirt road. COMING FROM THE NORTH: Take Turnpike Heading South Exit: Eureka Drive - 184 street Make a right turn heading west until Krome Avenue (177 ave) Make a right heading North to 160 street. Make a right heading East for half mile to 172 ave. Make a right. We are on the left side about a half block down.
Boynton Beach
“Unbelievable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was brought here as a surprise for my birthday and I have to say it was the most amazing experience. To start off, Ally (I'm not sure how to spell her name), brought out a couple monkeys for us to interact with. This alone would have been worth the trip. We played with Hannah, which was followed up by Taj and Mahal who were a couple of patas monkeys who would not stop hugging each other. All 3 were amazing and beautiful animals.

We then had a tour of the grounds and Ally took the time to teach us a little bit about each of the animals and how they came to be there. She was very knowledgeable and sweet and went above and beyond to make sure our visit was memorable. Our tour ended with a baby fox and wolf encounter and ultimately with a sloth encounter which was absolutely amazing. Anyone that knows me knows I'm crazy for sloths. I don't really know why, but I love those little guys lol.

The whole experience ended up making it the best birthday I've ever had in my 38 years and would highly recommend the Zoological Wildlife Foundation for a visit at LEAST once. We are planning to go back at least a couple more times with family so they can experience and learn what we did. Can't wait!

• Korean first
“Amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our visit to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation was the highlight of our time in Miami. We were able to hold a baby gibbon! I also enjoyed seeing the bear cats up close. The toucan ate food right out of our hands! Our tour guide (Andrea) was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the animals. I highly recommend this tour! Due to traffic, it was a somewhat lengthy drive from downtown Miami but well worth it!

“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After reading a couple reviews on trip advisor I thought why not let me book a tour and see how it goes and without a doubt it was by far the best experience I have ever encountered even though on the day of my tour it was raining me and my family enjoyed the tour very much. My tour guide was ally she was great!. I am a animal lover and being able to interact with different wild animals was incredible.
Such a amazing experience to be able to interact with two female siberian tiger cubs I did not want to leave!
The facility was well organized and clean the staff were very friendly as well. Me and my family are definitely planning to come back real soon.

Visited May 2013
“A VERY MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I thought that this was such a peaceful and beautiful place from the moment I arrived! My tour guide was Mario Jr. and he was great! I absolutely loved being able to interact with so many different animals and learning about them. The facility was very clean and well organized. The staff was very friendly as well. The animals were very well taken care of and the love that the owners have for their establishment and all of their animals was very clear!! It was obvious that they take pride in all that they do and I think is so wonderful that they have made it possible to share there tranquil, amazing place with so many people. This was such a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone! It truly put a smile on my face! It's worth the time and money and honestly, I didn't want to leave. I'm looking forward to the next time I'm in the area so I can experience it all again....

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“I'm an animal lover and a Vegan...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

... and I can't put into words how much I loved my experience at the Zoological Wildlife Foundation, but since I'm about to write a review, I'll do my best. The facility is clean, organized, and fully staffed, and after finding the place (with some difficulty, partially because the place is difficult to find, but mostly because of my poor sense of direction), my friend and I were quickly greeted by Ally, our hostess/tour guide. Ally was sweet, gracious, and knowledgeable, and her love of animals was obvious. Many of the animals there are rescues, and Ally had an interesting story for practically every animal there. The animals seemed extremely happy, and it was clear that they were all treated really well. The best part was being able to actually hold and play with the animals. I got to play with a wolf cub, hold some monkeys, feed a camel, hold and feed a toucan, pet some goats and a donkey, and the best part... I got to hold and play with a baby tiger cub. That was a truly amazing moment for me, especially when the little cub started sucking on my thumb. My time at the Zoological Wildlife Foundation was unforgettable, and I highly recommend checking this place out.

Visited April 2013
Maria T, Owner at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for acknowledging our hard work and dedication to the animals. It's important to us that each and every guest leaves with many lasting memories and fun-filled experiences from their private tour at our facility. We hope to see you back sometime again!