“Amazing Once in a Lifetime Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 305-969-3696
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 200 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Apopka, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Once in a Lifetime Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We visited yesterday and did the tour with the tiger cub experience. What an amazing experience! We were able to interact with several different kinds of monkeys, feed a toucan, play with timber wolf pups, and interact with several other animals that I can not remember all the names of! I booked this tour after reading other reviews on trip advisor and the experience was definitely 5 stars PLUS! Our tour guide was Beth and she was wonderful. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and did everything she could to make the experience special. We were given plenty of time to interact with the animals and take as many pictures as we wanted. Beth even took pictures for us....and her pictures actually turned out better than mine! Everyone we interacted with at the facility was very warm and welcoming. The owner welcomed us and spent time with us as well. He has many years of experience caring for exotic animals and it is obvious that he has a passion and love for these animals. The facility is spotless and the animals are very well taken care of. I posted some pictures on my facebook from our visit and got amazing responses from friends and family. I most definitely recommend taking a tour of this facility for a once in a life time "hands-on" animal experience!!!

Visited April 2013
Maria T, Owner at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your kind words, and hope that you may visit us again in the future. We make it our goal to deliver 100% satisfactory tours, and most importantly provide care for the animals. We are constantly enhancing our facility to better the life of the animals, and also to better enhance guest experiences at our facility.

Mario & Maria Tabraue

• Korean first
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“What an Incredible Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My 12 year old son and I just visited today and we did the tour with the tiger cub experience. This was an experience neither one of us will ever forget. The staff was great and we have never been to a place like this before where we were allowed to personally interact with monkeys, tiger cubs, toucans, wolf cubs, anteaters and the cutest baby monkeys you can imagine. The big cats are not in very big cages but they seemed healthy and active and it was fantastic for viewing.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised my kids and I with a trip to this zoo. May I say it was neck-and-neck with our initial reason to visit Miami (we came to watch Serena Williams win the Sony Open!) We were greeted by Andrea our first tour guide- she could not have been any sweeter or more enthusiastic! She was so knowledgeable and wonderful with the animals. She allowed us to hold and touch so many of them and appropriately told us when to stand back from others. The tour was fantastic! We also spent half the tour with Morgan who was the tiger guru and was also extremely knowledgeable. This private zoo has so many large cats it is absolutely amazing. The cleanliness of the cages was really remarkable and you can simply the workers take great pride in the work they do and truly love the animals they care for. My kids absolutely loved it. They held Pepe (the cute little Yorkshire terrier) who came along with our tour the whole time, and were enamored by Maggie, the adorable French bulldog who seemed to love to be a part of the tour as well. I would recommend this tour to anyone; our only complaint is it e was a bit hidden and signage from the main road would have helped. Otherwise, two thumbs up and thanks again to Andrea and Morgan for taking such great care of us!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had an amazing time bonding with the animals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The trainers/ park staff gave us a lot of one on one time with many animals. We got to pet baby apes, monkeys, wolves, and an anteater. It was an unforgettable experience!

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“One of my best vacation days ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After reading about this on trip advisor we booked a tour. Then nobody at the hotel ever heard of it before so we feared it was some sort of Internet manipulation to get the top rating. We were very wrong. Absolutely great . It's a very well run smaller zoo where you take guided tours and actually interact with the younger animals. I assume things must change as the animals age. For example we read about the tiger cub experience but since the cub was now 4 months old they did not allow public interaction. We did however hold a 1 month old wolf and several baby apes as well as play with young monkeys in the exhibit area. Best zoo I have ever been to and I have been to many.