“I had an amazing time bonding with the animals.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 119 Attractions in Miami
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zoological Wildlife Foundation has the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry dozens of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. Contact us for more information or to arrange a private custom tour.
“I had an amazing time bonding with the animals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The trainers/ park staff gave us a lot of one on one time with many animals. We got to pet baby apes, monkeys, wolves, and an anteater. It was an unforgettable experience!

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of my best vacation days ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading about this on trip advisor we booked a tour. Then nobody at the hotel ever heard of it before so we feared it was some sort of Internet manipulation to get the top rating. We were very wrong. Absolutely great . It's a very well run smaller zoo where you take guided tours and actually interact with the younger animals. I assume things must change as the animals age. For example we read about the tiger cub experience but since the cub was now 4 months old they did not allow public interaction. We did however hold a 1 month old wolf and several baby apes as well as play with young monkeys in the exhibit area. Best zoo I have ever been to and I have been to many.

Wisconsin
“More Than a 5 Star Rating is Needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I didn't plan out what we were going to do during our visit to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami prior to coming; so we chose to come to the ZWF randomly after reading through all of the reviews. Though it was a bit expensive, we would definitely pay the money again for another tour. Once there, we were paired up with a tour guide and she took us (just us) around to see all the animals. Not only was she knowledgeable about all the animals, she was very friendly and easy to talk to. We thought we would be able to just "pet" the animals, but that was definitely not the case at all - we were able to hold and feed some of the animals. Because of our choice to come here we can say we've: had a Capuchin climb all over us, fed a toucan and held a baby timber wolf. This was definitely the highlight of our trip to Florida!

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Couldn't get any better, HONESTLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've known Mario for over two years now and nothing has ever changed, he has by far the cleanest, and most affordable place! Him and his wife really know how to make you feel comfortable with the environment all around! I couldn't complain one bit about it! You guys are the best!!!!

Visited March 2013
“Amazing experience that I will never forgot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I love animals so for my birthday we decided to do a tour. It was a blast. Each animal was more amazing than the one before. Our guide was very knowledgable & made the experience fun. We would highly recommend it.