“One of my best vacation days ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 204 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“One of my best vacation days ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After reading about this on trip advisor we booked a tour. Then nobody at the hotel ever heard of it before so we feared it was some sort of Internet manipulation to get the top rating. We were very wrong. Absolutely great . It's a very well run smaller zoo where you take guided tours and actually interact with the younger animals. I assume things must change as the animals age. For example we read about the tiger cub experience but since the cub was now 4 months old they did not allow public interaction. We did however hold a 1 month old wolf and several baby apes as well as play with young monkeys in the exhibit area. Best zoo I have ever been to and I have been to many.

• Korean first
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More Than a 5 Star Rating is Needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I didn't plan out what we were going to do during our visit to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami prior to coming; so we chose to come to the ZWF randomly after reading through all of the reviews. Though it was a bit expensive, we would definitely pay the money again for another tour. Once there, we were paired up with a tour guide and she took us (just us) around to see all the animals. Not only was she knowledgeable about all the animals, she was very friendly and easy to talk to. We thought we would be able to just "pet" the animals, but that was definitely not the case at all - we were able to hold and feed some of the animals. Because of our choice to come here we can say we've: had a Capuchin climb all over us, fed a toucan and held a baby timber wolf. This was definitely the highlight of our trip to Florida!

Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't get any better, HONESTLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've known Mario for over two years now and nothing has ever changed, he has by far the cleanest, and most affordable place! Him and his wife really know how to make you feel comfortable with the environment all around! I couldn't complain one bit about it! You guys are the best!!!!

Visited March 2013
“Amazing experience that I will never forgot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love animals so for my birthday we decided to do a tour. It was a blast. Each animal was more amazing than the one before. Our guide was very knowledgable & made the experience fun. We would highly recommend it.

Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Felt like a kid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I convinced a co-worker to go during a short break from our business trip and had really high hopes based on the other reviews. It was even better than we expected! We had a great tour with Jordan and couldn't believe the interaction we were able to have with the animals. Our first animal...a baby gibbon. Admittedly, I hadn't even thought of a gibbon as a cute animal, but when Jordan walked up holding a 5lb sweet little furball I melted. Ok, maybe I squealed a little too, but I tried to keep is down so as not to scare her. The entire time was a blur of us zipping around like kids checking out all of the animals and we decided the instant we got back to the car that we'd absolutely come back the next time we're in Miami.