“More Than a 5 Star Rating is Needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 122 attractions in Miami
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zoological Wildlife Foundation has the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry dozens of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. Contact us for more information or to arrange a private custom tour.
Wisconsin
“More Than a 5 Star Rating is Needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I didn't plan out what we were going to do during our visit to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami prior to coming; so we chose to come to the ZWF randomly after reading through all of the reviews. Though it was a bit expensive, we would definitely pay the money again for another tour. Once there, we were paired up with a tour guide and she took us (just us) around to see all the animals. Not only was she knowledgeable about all the animals, she was very friendly and easy to talk to. We thought we would be able to just "pet" the animals, but that was definitely not the case at all - we were able to hold and feed some of the animals. Because of our choice to come here we can say we've: had a Capuchin climb all over us, fed a toucan and held a baby timber wolf. This was definitely the highlight of our trip to Florida!

• Korean first
Miami, Florida, United States
“Couldn't get any better, HONESTLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've known Mario for over two years now and nothing has ever changed, he has by far the cleanest, and most affordable place! Him and his wife really know how to make you feel comfortable with the environment all around! I couldn't complain one bit about it! You guys are the best!!!!

Visited March 2013
“Amazing experience that I will never forgot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I love animals so for my birthday we decided to do a tour. It was a blast. Each animal was more amazing than the one before. Our guide was very knowledgable & made the experience fun. We would highly recommend it.

Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
“Felt like a kid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I convinced a co-worker to go during a short break from our business trip and had really high hopes based on the other reviews. It was even better than we expected! We had a great tour with Jordan and couldn't believe the interaction we were able to have with the animals. Our first animal...a baby gibbon. Admittedly, I hadn't even thought of a gibbon as a cute animal, but when Jordan walked up holding a 5lb sweet little furball I melted. Ok, maybe I squealed a little too, but I tried to keep is down so as not to scare her. The entire time was a blur of us zipping around like kids checking out all of the animals and we decided the instant we got back to the car that we'd absolutely come back the next time we're in Miami.

San Mateo, California
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved this place! This was the highlight of my florida trip and I can't stop telling people about this place and showing my awesome pictures. I did the $150 tiger and general wildlife tour...man I wish I could go back, If I lived closer I would go back and blow all that money in a heart beat to hang with all the beautiful animals just for fun. Andrea was our tour guide and she was by far the best! Ask for her if you make reservations. She was so friendly and knowledgeable. She made me feel like we where personal friends and she was showing us around. She had answers to all my questions and you could tell all the animals adored her! I cant say enough good things about the animals here! my favorite had too be the tucan bird and the monkeys oh yah I cant forget the beautiful wolf cub! ughhh I will be dreaming about the day I get to go back and hang with all the animals love them =)))