“Felt like a kid!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 204 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Felt like a kid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I convinced a co-worker to go during a short break from our business trip and had really high hopes based on the other reviews. It was even better than we expected! We had a great tour with Jordan and couldn't believe the interaction we were able to have with the animals. Our first animal...a baby gibbon. Admittedly, I hadn't even thought of a gibbon as a cute animal, but when Jordan walked up holding a 5lb sweet little furball I melted. Ok, maybe I squealed a little too, but I tried to keep is down so as not to scare her. The entire time was a blur of us zipping around like kids checking out all of the animals and we decided the instant we got back to the car that we'd absolutely come back the next time we're in Miami.

• Korean first
San Mateo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved this place! This was the highlight of my florida trip and I can't stop telling people about this place and showing my awesome pictures. I did the $150 tiger and general wildlife tour...man I wish I could go back, If I lived closer I would go back and blow all that money in a heart beat to hang with all the beautiful animals just for fun. Andrea was our tour guide and she was by far the best! Ask for her if you make reservations. She was so friendly and knowledgeable. She made me feel like we where personal friends and she was showing us around. She had answers to all my questions and you could tell all the animals adored her! I cant say enough good things about the animals here! my favorite had too be the tucan bird and the monkeys oh yah I cant forget the beautiful wolf cub! ughhh I will be dreaming about the day I get to go back and hang with all the animals love them =)))

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although not cheap but if you love animals, a big kid at heart and wanting to do something interesting in Miami, then I highly recommend a visit to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation in Miami. Its a bit of a drive to get out there but for us well worth the trip - ideally would recommend that you have your own car but we got there by taxi.

Our guide was Andrea who was excellent. She was generous with her time and it was great to see her love for the animals while she educated us about them. Thanks for a great day Andrea we really appreciated it and it was our highlight of our trip to Miami!

Jenny and Darren

Haarlem, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We really had a great day! The staff was really nice and explained everything about each animal. We did a lot of encounters and that was really good.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mind blowing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The most intense place you could ever imagine being.. The kindness of all the staff and the healthy animals and clean cages! You won't find anything like this for the price, the hands on interactions with these animals is phenomenal!! The work, time and energy involved in this place is more than you could ever imagine... You get what you pay for, and it's way worth it and one of those memories that will stay with you for life..
Clean, healthy, fat happy animals.
And amazing people that do it for the love of the animals!!