“Most amazing wildlife experience you can have” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 85 Attractions in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Zoological Wildlife Foundation has the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry dozens of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. Contact us for more information or to arrange a private custom tour.
Chicago
“Most amazing wildlife experience you can have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

To my wife and I this place was better than a safari, you can actually hold some of the baby animals. The place is amazing and the amount of animals they have saved is amazing. Though the price is steep, it is well worth it. I would highly recommend booking a tour if you are an animal lover. This place is one of a kind.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Rhode Island
16 attraction reviews
“Amazing, must see for yourself.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I will never go to a zoo again... This experience changed the way I look at animals. I have never been so up close. This place is amazing. We had the opportunity to interact with monkeys, Tucan Sam, and a baby tiger. As well as some other animals. You are able to see everything so up close. They have a bunch of big cats, monkeys, anteater, porcupine, lambs, I may be missing some animals.

Book a tour online and pay the extra money to have the interaction with the baby tiger, a once in a lifetime experience. Jordan took us around and he is great. This may have been the best activity of our trip.

“Close Encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

If you've ever dreamed of going on a safari, this is the next best thing! The animals are as gorgeous as you've ever imagined them and a lot closer to you than you could have ever imagined! The staff are very knowledgable and you can see that the animals love and respect them. There are so many varieties it makes it hard to find a favorite!!! It's addicting! I've gone back twice because I miss them! If ever you've dreamed of lions and tigers, this is a place you have to check out! The pelicans made it feel like a sanctuary where injured animals can come have a fresh start! I highly recommend this place for some family fun. The zoo doesn't quite give you the insight this place does! A must!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“great place for kids and adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a must if you have kids. My son is 2.5 and he was entertained as much as I've ever seen him being entertained, especially when we went into a monkey cage and they were climbing all over us to get the food that I was holding. He was also crazy about interacting with the gibbons there. My son even held hands with them at one point. The other great experience there was to hold a baby goat and feed its mother.
While its a must see if you have kids, I highly recommend it for adults as well. It was very entertaining for me to have monkeys climb all over me, to hold and feed a large and very beautiful bird and to play with a tiger cub.
You do need to schedule a tour ahead of time though, and don't be alarmed by the dogs who approach you when you first arrive. They are very friendly and playful.

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“animal lover approved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i have been to the zoo before and although it was fun, this place was way cooler because you can actually tell the animals are happy in their surrounding. Everyone that works there seems to know what they are talking about and really cares about the animals well being as well as the safety of those who are visiting. At the zoo you feel bad for the animals but here I did not. I would definitely go back again!

Visited December 2012