“great place for kids and adults” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 215 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great place for kids and adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a must if you have kids. My son is 2.5 and he was entertained as much as I've ever seen him being entertained, especially when we went into a monkey cage and they were climbing all over us to get the food that I was holding. He was also crazy about interacting with the gibbons there. My son even held hands with them at one point. The other great experience there was to hold a baby goat and feed its mother.
While its a must see if you have kids, I highly recommend it for adults as well. It was very entertaining for me to have monkeys climb all over me, to hold and feed a large and very beautiful bird and to play with a tiger cub.
You do need to schedule a tour ahead of time though, and don't be alarmed by the dogs who approach you when you first arrive. They are very friendly and playful.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Ntvk

Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“animal lover approved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i have been to the zoo before and although it was fun, this place was way cooler because you can actually tell the animals are happy in their surrounding. Everyone that works there seems to know what they are talking about and really cares about the animals well being as well as the safety of those who are visiting. At the zoo you feel bad for the animals but here I did not. I would definitely go back again!

Visited December 2012
6 Thank GiselJuliaSaumat
georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

up close and personal with some amazing animals and people who really care about them! Everything was very clean!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank amargrav
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must for animal lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went there yesterday with my friend and had an amazing time and experience with beaitiful animals. I got to feed the gibbons, toucan and sloth. Played with a baby anteater, snow leopard and baby tiger. Also got a full tour of their facility and saw ligers! Munchie was an amazing tour guide really taught us a lot about the animals. Definitely a once in a life time experience! Thank you to Maria and Mario for being so nice and letting us be apart of zwf for a day! def. will be back in the future.

3 Thank felines4life
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place is amazing!!!! Went there today with my friend and myself. Blown away. The place is so clean!! I want to thank Mario and Maria the owners as well as our tour guide "munchie" and Morgan for an unforgettable tour. Still can't wipe the smile off my face. I got to cuddle gibbons, an anteater, a binterong, a tiger cub, a snow leopard a sloth and a full grown tiger named Titan. Again thank you thank you. Please visit this place!!! So worth it !!!!!

2 Thank Sabrina2243