“Excellent thin crust pizza cooked in a wood fire oven” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #377 of 3,717 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Pizza
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent thin crust pizza cooked in a wood fire oven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Try the meatball skewer, simply out of this world. If you like fresh original wood fire thin crust pizxa, this is a must stop. By the way regarding a previous post if you do not want to watch TV either sit outside or don't look up. Fresh original and tasty ! This is a muat stop. I'm glad I did.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

south Florida
“Delicious creative food, good service, broad alcohol menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

First let me *emphasize* that for FOOD AND SERVICE, the most important variables, I'd give Tutto Pizza Beer House five points (one deduction comes later).

Tutto Pizza offers some intriguing hearty appetizers, especially several interesting combinations on skewers such as meatballs with mozzarella. Worth trying on another visit, maybe. We had simple rosemary focaccia, which came out so fresh and hot from the 700-degree wood-burning brick oven that I had to wait a few moments to take my first bite. Texture—perfect.

They offer a variety of salads and paninis, but we came for the pizza. Fourteen pizza selections (ten at lunch) show variety and imagination. Mine was a tantalizing mix of cherry tomatoes, arugula, mozzarella and parmesan, and prosciutto. My wife chose sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives and oregano—equally robust. Perhaps the high point, though, is the crust. Tutto's chefs are experts at creating these crusts, bringing them out hot, thin, lightly crisp on bottom, yet chewy overall.

(I note that it's within reasonable driving distance for workday lunch. Good.)

Dessert: Tutto offer several options, but we chose to stay with the pizzas. My wife initially suggested the apple topping instead of the nutella I wanted; we compromised with the banana-rum-cinnamon-sugar pizza with two ample scoops of vanilla ice cream, for only $7. Dessert pizzas also come in a large for $13.95 (presumably the same size as dinner pizzas), suitable for a group—or for one very greedy dessert lover.

My bias that knocked off one of five points: five large television screens, two on each of the long walls facing each other, a fifth toward the kitchen end. IMO, restaurant TVs belong only in sports bars, party rooms, noisy clubs, pick-up joints, etc. Otherwise, they only distract from what used to be the socialization of eating out, especially in a place like this, that otherwise would have a nice upscale feel. To Tutto's credit, they *muted* the TVs (thank you!) to let gentle instrumental music waft softly throughout.

What about that "Beer House" part of the name? I'm sorry that I can't speak knowledgeably about the quality of the alcohol offered. I *can* tell you objectively that one page of the beer menu offers selections from 19 nations, and the facing page has, I think, 28 specialty beers—two of which have alcohol content of 9-10%. They also have a few wines. Interested?

To prevent possible confusion: Tutto Pizza Beer House (1763 SW 3rd Av) and Tutto Pasta Ristorante (1751) occupy opposite ends of the recently-refurbished Brickell Way Building. Name and proximity notwithstanding, the two Tuttos have no relationship to each other. Also, don't be confused by the outdated Google map photo, which (as I write this) still shows "La Vecchia Bottega" at 1763. And for the record: their own website *incorrectly* states the address as 1753.

• Visited November 2012