“Excellent Dinner and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,649 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Latin, Steakhouse, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metromover Station: Bayfront Park Metrorail Station: Brickell/Government Center Metrobus Stop: Biscayne Blvd and Chopin Plaza
Description: Located at 100 Chopin Plaza, Toro Toro is celebrated chef/restaurateur Richard Sandoval’s creative Pan-Latin interpretation of a contemporary steakhouse. This sophisticated and sexy concept is modeled after Sandoval’s Dubai Toro Toro, which was named “Best Latin” and “Best New Restaurant” by Time Out. The restaurant’s selection of meats, carved tableside rodizio-style, along with an array of small plates, composed main-plates and a la carte steaks draws foodies while Toro Toro’s buzz-worthy bar, emphasizing Latin-inspired cocktails made with ultra-premium Latin spirits and a well-curated collection of fine wines from around the world, draws the cocktail crowd. COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING is available for dinner and brunch at Toro Toro.
“Excellent Dinner and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food was amazing, the hosptality was awesome, I will go back and soon to do the Miami Spice. Enjoyed everthing

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Rhina T,

Thank you so much for your review of Toro Toro. I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from the food to the genuine hospitality you received from our staff. I so excited that you're already planning your next trip and I look forward to welcoming you back! I hope you enjoy the Miami Spice specials that we'll be featuring.

• Polish first
Manila, Philippines
“Best Mojito ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

If I were to describe this restaurant in one sentence, it'll be: Their Mojito ruined other mojitos for me!
They became my peg for a good Mojito and sadly, now every bar (where I ordered Mojito) just disappoints.
Food is good. We left all the plates of the appetizers empty (they said the best compliment to the chef is to have all empty plates right?) Even the complimentary bread was memorable. It was a good dinner/ pre-party stop for us.

Visited July 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Louise C,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Toro Toro. I am thrilled that you had a memorable experience and I am so happy that you enjoyed the mojitos and tapas. It is truly a pleasure for you to refer to our mojitos as the best!!! Our bar staff will be delighted to hear your kind remarks!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It was truly a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Thanksgiving Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Spent Thanksgiving dinner here during our honeymoon visit to Miami. Superb!! Served family style but not overly abundant (but you could ask for more) and not having to carve your own meats was even better. All the accompaniments screamed perfection. Service was spot on, and the desserts?? Fabulous.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear enk_wanderlust,

Thank you so much for sharing your remarks with us. As one of TripAdvisor's Senior Contributors, I truly appreciate your feedback. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a great dining experience for the holiday and a fantastic celebration for your honeymoon! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your selections and the service you received from our staff.

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Coral Gables, Florida, United States
“Insanely overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I saw that this was one of the top Miami restaurants on TripAdvisor and was absolutely appalled - it's not even close to the best restaurant on the block, let alone the entire city. The food is ok, but absolutely nothing spectacular. If you want something spectacular, go to Il Gabiano next door. Or walk another block and go to Zuma. These are actually two of the best restaurants in the city. But this ranking makes this entire site look dubious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Sam R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and I'm sorry that we were not able to offer you a 5-star experience. I do hope that you'll give us another opportunity to change your impression of Toro Toro.

Thank you again for your comments.

Medford, New York
“Thank You, TripAdvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My drive out to Miami from Ft. Myers was somewhat planned, and by planned I tried to look up some good restaurants that my partner and I could go for lunch. Of course, I consulted TripAdvisor and I heard about all the good reviews of Toro Toro, so I knew this place had to be that stop. Just in case you are standing in front of the Intercontinental Miami and don't know where to go, just go inside, you'll find it. I do wish there was a sign that stated that Toro Toro was inside, so that we didn't spend 10 minutes looking at the SeaFair yacht thinking that was the restaurant. Parking in Chopin Plaza is tough, we had to stalk some people leaving to find a spot, but it was worth it since it was right in front of the hotel.

Since we got there around 1 PM on a weekday, there wasn't much going on, which is fine by me. The sit-down area was open I believe, but since the bar seemed kind of empty and absolutely no one was sitting down for lunch, we decided to sit at the bar and get some drinks while we were at it - the hostess had informed us that we could order our tapas there. The bartenders were friendly, but they did seem somewhat distracted and aloof and I almost felt uncomfortable ordering food there. The tapas are a decent size, even though they might look small they are quite filling. We had the spanish croquettes and beef empanadas which were delicious, and a side of fries as well. I had a sex on the beach which was strong but not overpowering (pretty much perfect) and the bartenders were really nice in that they did let us linger for as long as we wanted. However since we were on our way to the Keys, we weren't able to stay longer unfortunately. I know the next time I am in Miami, I will probably stay at the Intercontinental, if anything just for Toro Toro.

The reviews for this place are well-warranted, so thank you TripAdvisor and its reviewers for your accuracy - you gave me a wonderful, tasty lunch with a great atmosphere that made me feel like it was a longer Miami experience than just a "pit-stop."

• Visited August 2013
Dear Rita B,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Toro Toro. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you and your partner a great experience. It's always a pleasure to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the tapas and service you received from our bar staff!

I'm delighted that you plan to return. You definitely have to try some of our wonderful dinner options and our famous dessert, La Bomba! I look forward to welcoming you back soon.