“Always missing something and horrible customer service!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,488 of 3,614 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Thai
Miami, Florida
“Always missing something and horrible customer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Started going to this place when it 1st opened (didn't seem to be too many customers...so I figured I'd try to help out, knowing that restaurants need customers, esp in the beginning, since the survival/success rate is only 10% for the 1st year. The 1st visit was good. Had the Pad Thai...decent portion, tasted nice. A couple of minor things went wrong w/ the customer service...soup came late....had to ask for some things...ie, spoon (should've already been on the table, had to wait a long time for the lemons that I asked for)....minor things, but when you have a bunch of little things, they add up and take away from the dining experience. I chalked it up to it just being newly opened, so I decided to give them a 2nd try. 2nd time I went for lunch b/c they had a nice lunch menu... a main dish, soup or salad and 2 crab rangoons for $8.00. I had the Pad Thai again (my fav Thai dish)...this time it wasn't as good...tasted bland...and the meat wasn't as flavorful. Also, the restaurant put a coupon in Val-Pak....spend $25...and get $5.00...so I used it...no problems (we ordered some extra sushi to get the bill up to $25.00 so we could us the coupon). More or less did the same thing for 3rd and 4th visit (using a coupon every time). Food was up and down...very inconsistent...and a different waiter or waitress almost every time (but they're always missing a certain dish...or ingredient...and always apologizing for something...I don't want apologies...I want the service and food to be good). On the 5th visit...we noticed that they raised the price of the lunch menu by 2 bucks (AND took away the crab rangoon)!!! Funny thing is...they hide the lunch menus in a cabinet by the register (they say it's by request, but they don't tell you that it even exists b/c they want you to pay 2 or 3 dollars more for the dinner portion (even though it's basically the same portion size as the lunch...but it's 2 or 3 dollars more). On the sixth visit, we ordered from the lunch menu again...Pad Thai and a Curry Dish...food again, was average (you're probably asking, "If the food and service was questionable so many times, why did you keep coming back?" Well, the answer is...it was never so over-the-top repulsive that we'd stop coming AND it's 2 minutes from my house...but they blew it). When the bill came (once again, we added sushi to get the bill up to $25, in order to use the $5.00 Val-Pak coupon). The owner was there (a short, rotund woman of Latin descent...not necessarily an endearing quality...meaning I'd feel better if a Thai restaurant was run by Thai people) and overheard that we were trying to use the coupon for the lunch menu items. She came right over to the table and informed us that we could not use the coupon with lunch menu items. I said, "First off, I've been coming here since the beginning, when you 1st opened, and have been using the coupon almost every time I come...and secondly, it says nowhere on the coupon what you can and can't use it for...as long as the bill is $25.00." She rudely and loudly replied, "They made a mistake!" I thought, 'Gee, 5 or 6 times?" And she was very adamant about it...like...'Over my dead body!' The professional thing to do would've been to say, "Sorry, Sir, we'll let you use it this one last time...but from here on out, we can't allow it." That would've been acceptable...but guess what...there won't be a next time. I hope you felt good about putting your foot down, Lady. I usually brought a different person with me almost every time I ate there...so...now that they heard about this episode...none of them are going to come back. Hope you got a lot of mileage out of the 5 bucks you saved your restaurant!!! There's too many other good Thai restaurants in this area (ones that have been open for 10 or 15 years) for me to put up with this nonsense!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Miami, Florida, United States
“Excellent food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I frequent this restaurant about 2-3 times a week. The pad thai and basil fried rice is to die for. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint. It is one of the best japanese and thai food reataurants I been too.All the food is authentic thai and japanese cuisine. I would recommend this place to everyone I know :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Bad food and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were excited to try this new small restaurant as we love thai but were so disappointed! Very big menu that also includes japanese specialties, but all with the same flavors, even the rice was grease and sweet. I would say the quality of a cheap take away for 30 dollars!

• Visited October 2012