“Not worth it at all!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #347 of 490 Theater and Concerts in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Not worth it at all!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The actual location wasn't too bad although they could've chosen a bigger room in the venue as they had about 70 people in a small room where it was uncomfortable to get up from your small foldable chair. Personally I was most upset by the food and drinks. For starters the food was a small house salad that looked like it had been sitting for hours and the pasta was served with either a red meat sauce or a white (barely there) sauce with chicken tenders. From what they advertised, the menu was supposed to be completely different. For dessert they gave a tiny piece of chocolate cake (probably the best part of the whole "dinner"). You were offered water or you had the option of purchasing drinks in small clear plastic cups for $11 - to me that was the most irritating part because the drinks were way to expensive specially after the let down of the meal. What bothered me was that it seemed like they didn't put any effort into the food whatsoever and they just whipped it up in 5 mins. The actual murder mystery wasn't too bad although if they had someone actually organize it does have potential and so do the characters. All in all it seemed as if they were just starting off with the whole production and if so then they should charge $20 per person max until they get a better reputation because $60 per person is WAY too expensive for the value of the show and it feels as though they are taking advantage because once you buy it your stuck.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“horrible food and value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Villa 221 in Miami for the Murder at the Doo (..) Murder Mystery Dinner on Saturday, January 19. The tickets were a Christmas gift. It was held in an event facility as a opposed to a genuine restaurant. The location itself was not bad, and not to blame, in my opinion, for our bad experience.

We were seated at a table with about 8 strangers. We had uncomfortable folding chairs, and there were simple salads at the table. There was a water pitcher at the table, and that was the only beverage offered to us. There was an overpriced bar where you could buy sodas or drinks. Our drinks were $9 a piece, and served in plastic cups. The main course was a choice of red or white pasta. It was a meager plate of penne pasta with meat sauce. And my husband ordered the white, which contained a small serving of grilled chicken.

The entertainment was poorly executed and coordinated. It seemed like maybe this was a new theme and they were just working out the kinks. The plot was weak and it was almost impossible to follow the thread and solve the mystery. The gentleman that was "murdered" was the class president. He later came back wearing a cheesy gray wig and was investigating his own murder. LOL. He meant well, but was definitely not a professional actor.

The desert was a sliver, and I mean SLIVER of chocolate cake. My husband and I left hungry and literally went home and had a snack afterwards.

I just learned what my sister spent on the tickets ($65 per person) and I am blown away. I cannot believe the audacity of these people! I am attempting to follow up to complain but haven't been able to get a live body on the phone yet, put intended.

We also had to pay a gratuity at the end when we did not have a traditional restaurant experience. We ended up spending $80 for three rounds of very small drinks and a gratuity.

I am writing this review so that others will not waste their money on this. I believe they are truly taking advantage of people. The dinner and entertainment is worth $20 tops per person.

Visited January 2013