“horrible food and value” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 21 Theater & Concerts in Miami
Boca Raton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“horrible food and value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Villa 221 in Miami for the Murder at the Doo (..) Murder Mystery Dinner on Saturday, January 19. The tickets were a Christmas gift. It was held in an event facility as a opposed to a genuine restaurant. The location itself was not bad, and not to blame, in my opinion, for our bad experience.

We were seated at a table with about 8 strangers. We had uncomfortable folding chairs, and there were simple salads at the table. There was a water pitcher at the table, and that was the only beverage offered to us. There was an overpriced bar where you could buy sodas or drinks. Our drinks were $9 a piece, and served in plastic cups. The main course was a choice of red or white pasta. It was a meager plate of penne pasta with meat sauce. And my husband ordered the white, which contained a small serving of grilled chicken.

The entertainment was poorly executed and coordinated. It seemed like maybe this was a new theme and they were just working out the kinks. The plot was weak and it was almost impossible to follow the thread and solve the mystery. The gentleman that was "murdered" was the class president. He later came back wearing a cheesy gray wig and was investigating his own murder. LOL. He meant well, but was definitely not a professional actor.

The desert was a sliver, and I mean SLIVER of chocolate cake. My husband and I left hungry and literally went home and had a snack afterwards.

I just learned what my sister spent on the tickets ($65 per person) and I am blown away. I cannot believe the audacity of these people! I am attempting to follow up to complain but haven't been able to get a live body on the phone yet, put intended.

We also had to pay a gratuity at the end when we did not have a traditional restaurant experience. We ended up spending $80 for three rounds of very small drinks and a gratuity.

I am writing this review so that others will not waste their money on this. I believe they are truly taking advantage of people. The dinner and entertainment is worth $20 tops per person.

Visited January 2013