“disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Maryland
13 attraction reviews
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was looking forward to a day of pampering and had reserved a relaxing bath followed by a 1 hour massage.
The bath was anything but relaxing. Without going into too much detail I recommend that if you decide to try it you make sure they show you ALL the controls and not just the hot & cold faucets.
The massage was wonderful (I think she was trying to make up for my terrible bath experience) but the rest of the operation was shambolic. After the massage I was put into a bathroom w/a nice shower and ... no towels or hair dryer. I also couldn't find one in the locker room. The locker room has 1 (!) private area to get dressed or undressed in, and nowhere to sit (to remove shoes or dry hair at the mirror, had there been a hair dryer).
The receptionist appeared completely ignorant of the issues w/the bath until I told her and utterly uninterested.
I don't know whether my experiences were unusual and they were just having a bad day - all I can say is that I won't ever return to Jurlique.

Visited October 2012

Miami, Florida
“Wonderful Spa Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I came here with friends after we all purchased a travel zoo coupon. The deal was great. $99 for a 90 minute service (facial, massage or combination of both), lunch and access to the pool for the day.

I chose a 90 minute massage and can honestly say it was probably THE BEST MASSAGE EVER. Orlando was my therapist. And he was absolutely amazing.

After our services we headed to the rooftop pool for lunch. Unfortunately, it was cloudy this day so we never went into the pool but we did have lunch and a couple cocktails. If this was a review of the Mayfair Hotel in general I would have knocked off a star because the service at the rooftop was mediocre. Our server took forever to take our order, forgot our dressing request, by the time he brought the WRONG dressing we were almost done eating. Only had beverage napkins for our meal. Very strange. But overall the food and drinks were good. Service, not do good.

Definitely go to the spa and request Orlando though. AH-MAH-ZING!

Visited October 2011
FLORIDA
35 attraction reviews
“Jurlique Spa was AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Please note that this review is for Jurlique Spa which is located at the Mayfair Hotel.
I work next door for 10 years. The Mayfair resort is a super nice boutique hotel which is a beautiful example of modern and florida mixed together. I found a special for their spa and thought i would give it a try.

My partner and i booked 2 one hour massages. One of us had a express facial and the other a medi/pedi. First the space area is beautiful...quiet and relaxing. They treat you as a first class guest. The place is not only beautiful....but CLEAN!!!! We totally enjoyed the spa and the service.
With your treatment...you get free Valet parking. Access to the steam room, gym, and the rooftop Pool for the day. The do provide you with water and tea. The decor again is very peacful and you feel totally relaxed while getting your treatments. My one and only complaint is that the rooms are not sound proof. At the time i was getting my massage the garbage was being picked up on the first floor....i can hear the garbage truck makling its noise and when it drove off....i felt as if i was inside the truck. They may want to look into soundproofing the rooms.

Other then that...its sooooo worth checking out. This is a small spa and offer your basic spa treatments.

Been to Jurlique Spa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jurlique Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;