“Best week ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
Ranked #1 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Miami
“Best week ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Last day at Pritikin.... it was so great and so worth it. The personal attention from the medical, fitness, dining, spa, cooking school and check-in staff was outstanding! Lost 2 inches off my waist and 4.5 lbs. a great start to my new healthy lifestyle. The food was also great, I now know I can live without salt, sugar and fats. Highly recommended Pritikin to anyone looking to get healthy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HubertW_GM, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Pritikin.
We are happy that you took the lessons learned during your stay to heart and that your waistline proves that they work!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Pritikin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My first trip to Pritikin, and I was bowled over. Not only are the staff friendly, attentive, and efficient, but they also provide excellent guidance and encouragement for those pursuing the Pritikin plan. The restaurant serves plan food only. Chef is creative, offering tasty versions of super-healthy foods. And fruit, fruit, fruit! Exercise instructors are excellent. In two weeks, I lost 9 lbs, gained substantially in exercise tolerance and fitness, and sense of well-being. In less than a week I was able to stop my blood pressure medicine -- a beta blocker with many side effects including fatigue and poor exercise tolerance. My blood pressure (off meds) is where it was when I was in college 50 years ago. My LDL cholesterol dropped to 32 (I never heard of an LDL level like that!). On top of it all, I met numerous interesting and accomplished people, some of whom are now friends. I had no idea of what I was getting into. To say I'm pleasantly surprised is a supreme understatement.

Room Tip: Suites in the Spa section are ludicrously large. Most people will find the "lodge" accomm...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.
We are so happy to hear about all the healthy accomplishments you made during your first visit here.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Hands down The Best approach to lower cholesterol, lose weight, get fit and feel great! It's an education to improve your life and lifestyle. The lectures convinced me to make the changes needed to avoid being at risk of major health risks in our culture.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
We are so happy that your stay at Pritikin armed you with the knowledge you need to make healthy lifestyle choices!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I really had no idea what to expect when I signed up for a "Taste of Pritikin" but I returned from 3 days there with completely new ideas about food and nutrition. They do an excellent job of educating you about what to eat, how to cook etc. There are one-on one sessions as well as group lectures. All of this was amazing. The instructors included a doctor, chef and nutritionist.

The meals which were all included are completely salt and fat free. This does take some getting used to but all food was good to excellent. There are no soft drinks and certainly no alcohol so don't go there is you cant live without these items.

The exercise classes were good to great. Some seemed very geared to the out-of-shape and those who are very limited physically. This did not apply to me and as such these classes could be slow and boring. A suggestion perhaps is to indicate the fitness level for each class. There was an excellent Zumba instructor as well as an amazing Yoga instructor.

The accommodations which are on the Trump Golf Resort property are very average. My room which was in a 3 story lodge was nice and quiet but in need of a renovation, particularly the bathroom. You will not spend much time in your room but nevertheless there can be some improvement on this.

Days start early at Pritikin - breakfast is at 6:30-7:00 so don't expect to be lounging your morning away!

All in all is was a fabulous experience that I hope to repeat at some point soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the great review!
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pritikin. We are excited to share that our rooms have been recently renovated and look beautiful!
We hope you will join us for our full length program in the not-too-distant future to experience them for yourself.

Hubert Wewer
Sag Harbor, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Pritikin Longevity Center has the Doctors, Physical therapists, nutritionists, the chef, and a great facility to help people change their lives. It is a comfortable supportive place to learn how to prevent or reverse heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other damage we do to ourselves through lack of exercise and knowledge about what we are eating.
I am so thankful I gave myself three weeks there. I will be going back for refreshers.

Pritikin draws a diverse group of people from all over the world. The exercise rooms and equipment are excellent. They offer a variety of lectures, and movement classes and lots of one on one individual support.

Room Tip: Staying in the main Pritikin center is a little more expensive and more comfortable than the "...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have visited Pritikin at Doral twice: once with my husband and once with my mother. I would like to return annually if I can. Pritikin has a staff of highly credentialed experts who explain how to avoid (or reverse) "diseases of affluence" like obesity, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, coronary artery disease, and so on. For the more fit guests, there are opportunities for focusing on maximizing athletic performance, along with diagnostics for resting metabolic rate, DEXA scanned body composition, etc. It's best to elect the two week stay to get all the information, live the lifestyle, and get trained on how to keep things going when you return home.

The workout menu (in addition to the basic cardio and resistance training: zumba, yoga, tai chi, spinning, aquatics, etc) and specialty training compliments the steady servings of meals and snacks. Optional additional consultations with exercise physiologists, nutritionists, physiotherapists, medical doctors, even psychologists will keep you busy! Try to find time for one of the excellent spa treatments (masseurs are out of this world!) and to learn new skills in the daily cooking classes.

And, fully educated and armed for a renewed life, leave with lower cholesterol (mine dropped 60 points), lower blood pressure (I went from stage 1 hypertension to drug free 115/70) and weight loss momentum!

The price for two weeks in the "slow season" was less than our bill at Canyon Ranch for five days-- Pritikin was a much better and lasting value for me!

Room Tip: Happily, the rooms are being upgraded by the new Doral management (which is separate from the Pritik...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I found the Pritikin Longevity Center by accident when I had a few days to kill in-between meetings in Miami. The first time I only stayed a few days and fell in love. I was instantly welcomed by staff and other guests and did not feel awkward or alone in any way. In fact, I made friends I keep in touch with to this day. This time I came back for two weeks to kick off the new year--and my 50th year of life. I needed to make permanent lifestyle changes so that I would be around for my kids and have a vibrant "second half." Although it was an investment, I figured it was less trouble and certainly less expensive than a nervous break-down. So, with family approval, I headed out. This facility is a life-long health curriculum based on the latest nutritional and exercise facts and research with cutting edge medical professionals and researchers leading the classes. On top of that it includes a lovely spa, delicious healthy low-salt and low-fat meals, and personalized fitness training. I have been here just a week, and I feel more energetic than I have in years, my fitness clothes are getting too big, and I have met incredible people from all over the world who make this pilgrimage regularly to ensure a long and energetic life. My "brain fog" is gone, and all of my vital stats (though they were not yet in the danger zone) have gone down drastically in one week. I feel hopeful and positive for the first time in a while. You want to be pampered and lazy? Go to a regular 'ole spa, then head back to your stressful, unhealthy life. If you want to achieve things you never thought you could, and be pampered, spoiled, listened to, validated, and energized--go to Pritikin! Best investment I ever made.

Room Tip: The Doral Resort, where Pritikin is located, has been purchased by Trump International and is underg...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Downtown
4.5 of 5 stars 510 reviews
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
#29 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 8,307 reviews

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!