“The best not a cruise vacation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
You added Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa to your Saves list
8755 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33178   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Executive Physical
Ranked #1 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The best not a cruise vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Instead of a cruise this year my wife and I decided to return to Pritikin Longevity Center. It was a brilliant decision. Instead of fat and caloric overexposure (not to mention overflowing toilets etc) we discovered fabulous cuisine, a great and energizing exercise program and fascinating entertainment in the form of lectures. PHD Dr. Jay Kenney is funnier than Chris Rock and more informative than your best college professor. And the food is spectacular. Removed two blood pressure meds in the first week with the lowest readings in 40 years. Oh yes, it's located at the Blue Monster golf course at Doral. Saw Tiger! We feel renewed and invigorated.

Room Tip: Find out what Trump has put his magic hands on.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HubertW_GM, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Good day,

I couldn't have said it better myself, A cruise vacation cannot compare to the HEALTHY vacation you experience here at Pritikin Longevity Center, Its Life Changing! I am happy to know that you had such a wonderful experience. We wish you the best of success in continuing the Pritkin program at home and look forward to being able to host you and your family again soon.

Hubert Wewer, GM
Pritikin Longevity Center

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

An eye opening education to a new way of eating. It's an experience that will change the way you look at food. Learn facts from fads. The staff of doctors and exercise specialists are exceptional. The day is busy going from exercise class to doctors appointments, lectures and cooking classes. The spa is a must.

• Stayed March 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Once I understood the philosophy and the science behind it, the Pritikin way is just common sense. Exercising and eating right has never been this rewarding. The education I received will influence my cooking as well as my choices. I wish the medical community recommended this experience to everyone.

Room Tip: I've stayed at Lodge 2 for both visits..perfect accommodation.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa surpasses all the health oriented journeys I have taken ...and I have taken many! Library of Congress calls me for a diet book! It has taken me too long to learn a life style that is healthy, normal, delicious and exciting! I wish I had discovered this years ago, but I am finding that anytime is a help and the program is maintainable at home. This is our first week and already we are changed for the better. Losing 2 pounds in 2 1/2 days has been a side benefit. I know my blood sugar and blood panel with be improved. The activities are fun with choices such as zumba, aquatics, yoga or relaxing in this beautiful Doral Resort in addition. The daily workouts are with supportive personnel and excellent equipment in the gym! The teachers are doctors and specialist. They challenge your thinking and enlighten! I also value the medical aspect of the program. Love the food without salt and sugar...energy level is up and we are feeling great....will come back for refreshers to maintain this healthy life style! Thank you Pritikin!

Room Tip: Any room here at the Doral Golf and Country Club is great. You are never in your room so go with th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came to Pritikin without knowing much about the place. I wanted some sunshine and heard I could lose a few pounds along the way. The gift that I received here was knowledge. Knowledge about how I can improve and maintain excellent health for the rest of my life. To say I was surprised by much of what I learned here would be an understatement. I thought I was living a relatively healthy life, making good choices... but now I know what I need to do to properly take care of myself going forward and more importantly, how to do it. The entire staff, the medical, nutrition, cooking and fitness experts are all wonderful and truly committed to what they do. The guests I met here have been warm and friendly. Coming here on my own was not a problem at all. This trip was a perfect blend of fun, fitness and learning - a very pleasant surprise! I am leaving here feeling better than I have in years !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We came to "reboot" and the experience has been AMAZING. Life changing, eye opening and educational! I recommend it to anyone.

Great staff. Great location. Amazing classes.

If you're looking to change a lot of bad habits, and live a healthy and longer life, Pritikin at The Doral is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came to the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa at the urging of several family members who have all attended. As a young adult, I wasn't sure what to expect, but soon found that it is a great experience for people of all ages. There weren't many new arrivals the week I came, and the classes were much smaller than when my mother was here, so I felt like I got really individualized attention. The staff was very willing to accommodate my needs and I found everyone very accepting, understanding and helpful. I've tried several things for the first time (like Yoga) and although I was anxious when I arrived, I've been able to relax and enjoy the lectures which I think will affect my diet choices for the rest of my life. I've discovered many food dishes that are much better than some of my favorites (from the Bonefish Grill), and at the same time are much healthier! I love that there are bowls of fruit everywhere I go and that there are endless supplies of fresh water with fruit slices in it. I do feel so healthy here! I hope to come back sometime with my mother so we can enjoy it together!

Room Tip: I stayed in Lodge 2 where most of the Pritikin rooms are located. It was a short, pleasant walk to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!