“A VACATION TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
8755 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33178   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Back to U
“A VACATION TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came to Pritikin without knowing much about the place. I wanted some sunshine and heard I could lose a few pounds along the way. The gift that I received here was knowledge. Knowledge about how I can improve and maintain excellent health for the rest of my life. To say I was surprised by much of what I learned here would be an understatement. I thought I was living a relatively healthy life, making good choices... but now I know what I need to do to properly take care of myself going forward and more importantly, how to do it. The entire staff, the medical, nutrition, cooking and fitness experts are all wonderful and truly committed to what they do. The guests I met here have been warm and friendly. Coming here on my own was not a problem at all. This trip was a perfect blend of fun, fitness and learning - a very pleasant surprise! I am leaving here feeling better than I have in years !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We came to "reboot" and the experience has been AMAZING. Life changing, eye opening and educational! I recommend it to anyone.

Great staff. Great location. Amazing classes.

If you're looking to change a lot of bad habits, and live a healthy and longer life, Pritikin at The Doral is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came to the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa at the urging of several family members who have all attended. As a young adult, I wasn't sure what to expect, but soon found that it is a great experience for people of all ages. There weren't many new arrivals the week I came, and the classes were much smaller than when my mother was here, so I felt like I got really individualized attention. The staff was very willing to accommodate my needs and I found everyone very accepting, understanding and helpful. I've tried several things for the first time (like Yoga) and although I was anxious when I arrived, I've been able to relax and enjoy the lectures which I think will affect my diet choices for the rest of my life. I've discovered many food dishes that are much better than some of my favorites (from the Bonefish Grill), and at the same time are much healthier! I love that there are bowls of fruit everywhere I go and that there are endless supplies of fresh water with fruit slices in it. I do feel so healthy here! I hope to come back sometime with my mother so we can enjoy it together!

Room Tip: I stayed in Lodge 2 where most of the Pritikin rooms are located. It was a short, pleasant walk to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

ILights going there at the property was beautiful the doctor that I had Dr. Martin was wonderful The Cooking classes that you take Are so worth your time Make sure you go to them! The room was okay staff was very good and the food was good! I would go again

Room Tip: I would love to go back They do a long weekend package which would be good because you don't hav...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I arrived with 3 pills for high blood pressure and after the second day my blood pressure was down 40 points and I was taking only 1 pill. The staff is so caring and supportive. You feel like you are in a cocoon with not a care in the world. I will return many times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My mother and I spent 2 weeks at Pritikin at the urging of my brother and his wife. My mother has elevated blood pressure and I would like to lose some weight. I'm not completely sure what I expected, but the experience was so wonderful, I plan to bring my children back with me so they can learn how simple it is to lead a healthy lifestyle.

There is no starving on the Pritikin plan, only sensible eating and exercise. And the folks at Pritikin make it so easy - easy to exercise - water and towels, headsets are all provided, as well as medical monitoring for those who need it. There's bowls of fresh fruit wherever you look.

The meals were delicious and we had the opportunity to try several different dishes. Daily cooking school, taught by Pritikin chefs was my favorite. The lectures were eyeopening.

I highly recommend spending the money for the 2 week program!

Room Tip: All rooms were very nice!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have come to Pritikin for health. My blood sugar is so much better. I am on less insulin. I don't have headaches like I used to! My diabetes is under control and I generally feel so much better. The staff at Pritikin is top notch - all professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Pick a suite..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!