“Words can't even describe!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Naoe Miami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,614 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 8 Street
Description: Chef Kevin Cory specializes in natural Japanese cuisine at NAOE(R). Every Monday through Saturday, Chef Kevin Cory serves a unique Chef's Choice menu starting at $200 per person. As the menu is prepared specially each day, please clear any special requests 10 days in advance. Reservations are required and exclusively accepted online via OpenTable. Please allow two to three hours of your time for the dinner.
Miami, Florida
“Words can't even describe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I am blown away. This is not just a dinner. This is an absolute experience. The chef is a true artist and culinary genius. 10 course meal crafted for the pallet. Each bite gets better and better. The sake is out of this world and the two waitresses were so knowledgable. Going to naoe makes any other restaurant you go to seem so mass produced. This is a meal specifically crafted for the 16 diners that come in a night. We spent about $500 so do be prepared.
However worth EVERY penny!!

• Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
Hallandale
“I Wish There Was A Rating For Restaurants of Legendary Caliber”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been enjoying the epicurean art of Kevin Cory since his days at Siam River. I knew I was on to someone special then and time has proven me right. I have worked as a chef at a 5 star restaurant under a 2 star Michelin chef, eaten at many of the best restaurants in this country and have had sushi experiences in Japan and I can honestly say that my dining experiences with Kevin, and particularly at Naoe, surpass all of those.

First of all there is the quality of his ingredients. Many things are flown in daily from Japan and I believe he serves sake that you cannot get elsewhere (I am not a sake fan, so I can't elaborate on that aspect).

Second is the his artistic vision. Kevin creates very unique and differentiated offerings based upon exquisite flavors and extraordinary texture combinations. Not only are they a sensory & taste delight for your palate but also for your eyes. Incredible creations.

Third is the hospitality. Unlike so many of the talented and successful chefs & restaurateurs I have encountered over the years, Kevin does not seem to possess any arrogance in spite of his extreme talent. He comes across very sincere, humble and appreciative. Very refreshing in this time of celebrity chefs and their overblown egos. When you dine with Kevin at Naoe, you are welcomed with the true spirit of hospitality and service.

Is it expensive? Relative to the quality and experience, I would have to say it is a fair value. If you don't want to pay for quality, and a unique culinary art experience, then you should dine elsewhere. There is a reason you pay more at Naoe and it is justified.

Does it require a commitment of time? Yes and it is time well-spent. Again, it is not just a meal, it is an experience and one that is meant to be slowly savored, reflected upon and discussed. Share it with someone whose company you enjoy and with whom you want to share a unique experience and I cannot imagine your being disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Best dinner experience EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for Valentines dinner and we still talk about this place regularly. This was by far the best sushi experience I have ever had and probably the best meal. The staff was unbelievable and the food was out of this world. I am still waiting to make our next reservation....waiting only because of the price which I feel is still worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Miami
“Possibly the best meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Chef Kevin Corey and his manager Wendy deserve a James Beard combo award if there were such a thing.
I feel honored to say I have dined at Naoe. The food is beyond my descriptive talent. It should be noted that this venue is not for beginners looking for a American style Japanese experience. It is authentic and unique all at the same time.
The family brewed sake is worthy of world class recognition.
Go.
Eight seats, two seatings per night.
There is a reason people fly in to eat here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overall one of the best meals of my life but not for beginners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This meal was hands down one of the best culinary experiences of my life. This is not California roll type sushi so make sure you like true sushi (raw) and like to try new things. The service was impeccable but warm and friendly, we were attentively cared for by Wendy and Benz as well as Chef Cory and his assistants. We were taken on a sensory feast and my palate and eating habits were positively challenged. His family's sake was amazing and they have several different categories and prices to choose from. We ordered the cheapest two over the course of the night but were not disappointed. Extra courses were available for purchase of which I opted for all of them and was further amazed. One of the most unexpected additional highlights was their tea program which was the most authentic and thorough that I've ever seen in a commercial restaurant. I will not visit Miami again without a second stop here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Naoe Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Naoe Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.