“Top 10 restaurant in the world!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 3,568 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 8 Street
Description: Chef Kevin Cory specializes in natural Japanese cuisine at NAOE(R). Every Monday through Saturday, Chef Kevin Cory serves a unique Chef's Choice menu starting at $200 per person. As the menu is prepared specially each day, please clear any special requests 10 days in advance. Reservations are required and exclusively accepted online via OpenTable. Please allow two to three hours of your time for the dinner.
Mexico City, Mexico
“Top 10 restaurant in the world!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The experience at Naoe is fantastic for anyone who is a food lover, is willing to try new things, is up for adventure and enjoys the attention and delicacy put into wonderful dishes . The produce which in the most part is flown in from Japan and other cities around the world daily, is amazingly fresh, prepared beautifully and served with so much detail and passion. The staff (Chef Kevin Cory, Wendy, and Leanne) were very nice, attentive and willing to explain and assist in any way.
The only thing we would do differently next time is to get a seat at the bar rather than at a table so as to be able to see Chef Cory go at it with the magic in his knife!!!
We were very fortunate to find a reservation 2 days in advance, since we know you need to reserve 2 to 3 months in advance.
We enjoyed every bite and felt in heaven with so many of the dishes prepared for us.
The experience at Naoe is very personal, the menus are even personalized.

• Visited November 2012

88% Recommend
Florianopolis, SC
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

You don't know what you're up to until you get there! Hard to book, hard to find, costly... But not expensive! Great food, the restaurant lives up to their slogan: "It's not fresh, it's alive". Fish is flown from Tokyo and other cities around the world the night before. The Sake served is made by chef Kevin Cory's family for more than 200 years. It doesn't get much better than that. A Menu à Prix-fixe restaurant, you will get a Bento Box with 4 unreal dishes, some Miso soup, and then 8 rounds of the freshest Nigiri sushi in your life. Dessert was great too!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“I thought I hated Uni!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Being lucky enough to score a reservation at Naoe proved to be the best sushi experience of my life! The product is flown in from Japan every 24 hours! Talk about fresh! I have never enjoyed the metallic taste and mushy texture of uni, turns out I've been eating bad uni. Here it was spongy, light and tasted like the ocean! I may have also become a convert from real foie gras to monk fish liver, dubbed the foie gras of the sea. Sweet, flavorful and mildly sweet. Finally, if you can, sit at the counter. You get to watch Chef masterfully prepare your delicacies! We were treated like welcomed guests. The manager, Wendy, engaged in plentiful conversation with us. She pulled out her phone and showed pictures of the fish we were eating as well as pictures of Chef and his uncle in Japan expertly preparing the fish. Truly an amazing experience. Go with an open mind and willingness to trust Chef and try everything; from the gooey duck to the sea cucumber roe. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012
Miami
“Feels Like a World Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

From start to finish, this was a great experience. What can I tell you besides that everyone is CRAZY nice and willing to assist. From Wendy (Mgr), Leanne (Foodrunner), & Chef Kevin Cory. Wendy even came out to escort my wife & I in. I would not have found it otherwise and even was stubborn telling my wife I could find it. All you have to know about this place is that it is worth it. Get some sake, order the extended courses, and relax b/c you are in good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I suggest to sit at the bar and watch the Chef do his thing. Crazy fresh, clean, & delicious place!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“One of the best dining experiences ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had dinner at NAOE while on vacation to Miami. Made reservations through Open Table once I booked the flights and received a confirmation call a few days before the reservation date. We sat at the bar - best seat in the house - and got to watch Chef Kevin Cory make the delicous food. Not only was the food delicious and fresh, it was presented beautifully. The chef or a member of his team explained each course to each group personally throughout the evening. We ate everything and more! Everyone at NAOE is so lovely and kind, taking time to get to know the customers and their interests. There are only 8 people per seating, making it very intimate; I felt like we made new friends. The location is very nice in Brickell Key, but parking is pricey even after being validated by the restaurant for 2 hours. I recommend this restaurant if you love exploring new flavors and learning about your food too. I thank Chef Cory, Wendy and Leann for a wonderful and very memorable dinner! We look forward to our next trip to Miami and NAOE!

• Visited July 2012