“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 35 Specialty lodging in Miami
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Residence at Bayside on 2 occasions during 2012 and had minimal issues both times. I visited from Australia and was a bit cautious due to some of the reviews I had seen (Or lack there of). The first visit was challenging, as I couldn't find the office and the front desk and idea who they were or what I was talking about. Eventually I found the office and was given the keys and the room was above my expectations (2 bedroom) over looking the bay and baseball stadium. I chose this location purely on how close it was to the AA arena and found the location great as it was across the road from the bayside marketplace and other stores. Parking was great despite being charged and the pools were stunning. Kids really loved the pools and the smell in the lobby. Other that that do not expect too much and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Great price and a few minute walk to American Airlines Arena
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked a stay here for my birthday last year. I booked TWO LUXURY 2 bedroom condos because we're traveling in two groups! When we arrived nothing went as planned. The condo doorman had no control over what was booked and tried to help but the screw up was beyond his control. He advised us that one of the condos was available and suggested that we share! I flipped out and demanded to speak with the manager! Eventually, we got two ONE BEDROOM condos right next door to each other which et me know that they were bluffing the entire time. When I got home I immediately started working on a refund and eventually received it! Beautiful building but this company is full of it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
NL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked a room with them and the took out the money from my credit card twice. Tried to contact them, but NO reply at all. Not to phone or to e-mail. Finally after more than 1 month I heard back from them, saying they refunded the money. Turns out the refund receipt they sent was a FAKE. And now, 2 days ago, they just took again 700 dollar from my credit card without authorisation. Making the total money they took without any reason 3000 dollar. And still no hope of getting my money back any time soon.
Please be wise and do not book with them. They are a fraud and are only after your money!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Branford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked a 2 BR 2 bath apartment at the Viscayne at 244 Biscayne Ave. I booked this property in August of 2012 with no notice of changes and the property was confirmed via e-mail by the company. While I was en-route via plane to my destination I got a phone call 5 hours prior saying my location had been moved. I was told I had been given notice and needed to leave, when I refused, I was hung up on and my calls were ignored. We finally got a manager to come that gave us an apartment that was half the size. I was told I would be compensated...still waiting. I had no issues booking with them the previous year but I NEVER will again. This is a SCAM and no one should use this company. They are unprofessional and completely rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the WORST Company I have ever had to deal with. I booked an executive room back on August 15, 2012 to stay at Residences at Bayside in Miami. I spoke to Matthew of Elite back in August to confirm the reservations and he advised everything was perfect. He even gave me a direct number for him to call him when we were heading down. We checked in again in January of this year to make sure the size of the room and according to them everything was good. BUT yesterday, March 21st the day of check in, I called first thing in the morning to confirm one final time and let them know we were on the way. The number Matthew had given me was disconnected and the other number I had on them their voicemail is the only one that would pick up and NO ONE ever returned my numerous calls. Later in the day, I was informed one hour prior to check in from BOOKING.COM that Elite had called them to let them know they had overbooked and there were NO rooms available. The audacity of this company to screw people over like this is unbelievable! They were able to charge my credit card a day later after booking back in August but they could NOT help me with a room! They did not have the decency to call me back. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!! They are a BIG SCAM!!! I will continue to file claims and report them to the Better Business Bureau. The WORST experience of my life, NO rooms in Miami Bayside area due to the Ultra Music Fesitval. We had to search and search for a room and pay double. A great weekend turned into a nightmare because of Elite.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I booked this hotel 6 months prior in October 2012 for March 2013 attempted to call them weeks before my reservation to confirm. I called everyday 3x and got the answering machine or answering service every single time. I emailed all the email addresses corresponding with Elite City Stays once at day, but got no replies.

At this point I was beginning to get nervous and started my own investigation on this company. I read other reviews to gain more insight and found out that they were being EVICTED from multiple properties in the MIami area. It wasn't until 4 days before my arrival that they emailed me to let me know they were unable to honor my reservation. 4 days prior left me NO TIME to find a hotel in the downtown area for less than $3,000 dollars.

They also charged my card the reservation total back in October 2012 and currently still waiting for my refund. I may have to call my bank in order to settle this dispute.

DO NOT EVER BOOK ANYTHING WITH ELITE CITY STAYS... THEY ARE A SCAM... VERY IRRESPONSIBLE MANAGER (MATTHEW REED)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Check in was odd because the check in area is a sketchy looking office space across the street from the vacation rental. The rooms seemed set up well and comfortable, although basic. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area, sitting area, and a loft bedroom with two baths. The problem is, the bathrooms were filthy and falling apart, the floor to ceiling vertical blinds were missing pieces so the light poured in after daybreak, the televisions and cable did not work, and the number for service in case there is an issue does not work after 5pm. Because we didn't check in until 4:30, we didn't discover all of these problems until it was too late. They moved us to another room the next day, and although the bathrooms were cleaner in this room, still nothing else worked right-- including the lights, tv, internet, and refrigerator. Management was rude and dismissive (and that's putting it mildly). We would never recommend staying here for any reason.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays? Share your experiences!