“DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, THEY ARE A SCAM!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays
Save Saved
You added Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays to your Saves list
244 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #28 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
NL
“DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, THEY ARE A SCAM!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked a room with them and the took out the money from my credit card twice. Tried to contact them, but NO reply at all. Not to phone or to e-mail. Finally after more than 1 month I heard back from them, saying they refunded the money. Turns out the refund receipt they sent was a FAKE. And now, 2 days ago, they just took again 700 dollar from my credit card without authorisation. Making the total money they took without any reason 3000 dollar. And still no hope of getting my money back any time soon.
Please be wise and do not book with them. They are a fraud and are only after your money!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Branford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked a 2 BR 2 bath apartment at the Viscayne at 244 Biscayne Ave. I booked this property in August of 2012 with no notice of changes and the property was confirmed via e-mail by the company. While I was en-route via plane to my destination I got a phone call 5 hours prior saying my location had been moved. I was told I had been given notice and needed to leave, when I refused, I was hung up on and my calls were ignored. We finally got a manager to come that gave us an apartment that was half the size. I was told I would be compensated...still waiting. I had no issues booking with them the previous year but I NEVER will again. This is a SCAM and no one should use this company. They are unprofessional and completely rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the WORST Company I have ever had to deal with. I booked an executive room back on August 15, 2012 to stay at Residences at Bayside in Miami. I spoke to Matthew of Elite back in August to confirm the reservations and he advised everything was perfect. He even gave me a direct number for him to call him when we were heading down. We checked in again in January of this year to make sure the size of the room and according to them everything was good. BUT yesterday, March 21st the day of check in, I called first thing in the morning to confirm one final time and let them know we were on the way. The number Matthew had given me was disconnected and the other number I had on them their voicemail is the only one that would pick up and NO ONE ever returned my numerous calls. Later in the day, I was informed one hour prior to check in from BOOKING.COM that Elite had called them to let them know they had overbooked and there were NO rooms available. The audacity of this company to screw people over like this is unbelievable! They were able to charge my credit card a day later after booking back in August but they could NOT help me with a room! They did not have the decency to call me back. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!! They are a BIG SCAM!!! I will continue to file claims and report them to the Better Business Bureau. The WORST experience of my life, NO rooms in Miami Bayside area due to the Ultra Music Fesitval. We had to search and search for a room and pay double. A great weekend turned into a nightmare because of Elite.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I booked this hotel 6 months prior in October 2012 for March 2013 attempted to call them weeks before my reservation to confirm. I called everyday 3x and got the answering machine or answering service every single time. I emailed all the email addresses corresponding with Elite City Stays once at day, but got no replies.

At this point I was beginning to get nervous and started my own investigation on this company. I read other reviews to gain more insight and found out that they were being EVICTED from multiple properties in the MIami area. It wasn't until 4 days before my arrival that they emailed me to let me know they were unable to honor my reservation. 4 days prior left me NO TIME to find a hotel in the downtown area for less than $3,000 dollars.

They also charged my card the reservation total back in October 2012 and currently still waiting for my refund. I may have to call my bank in order to settle this dispute.

DO NOT EVER BOOK ANYTHING WITH ELITE CITY STAYS... THEY ARE A SCAM... VERY IRRESPONSIBLE MANAGER (MATTHEW REED)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Check in was odd because the check in area is a sketchy looking office space across the street from the vacation rental. The rooms seemed set up well and comfortable, although basic. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area, sitting area, and a loft bedroom with two baths. The problem is, the bathrooms were filthy and falling apart, the floor to ceiling vertical blinds were missing pieces so the light poured in after daybreak, the televisions and cable did not work, and the number for service in case there is an issue does not work after 5pm. Because we didn't check in until 4:30, we didn't discover all of these problems until it was too late. They moved us to another room the next day, and although the bathrooms were cleaner in this room, still nothing else worked right-- including the lights, tv, internet, and refrigerator. Management was rude and dismissive (and that's putting it mildly). We would never recommend staying here for any reason.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ashland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Elite City Stays did not return any of my phone calls about parking, locked rooms, key fob preventing access, poor directions. Numerous calls ... no return calls.

The place was nice, helpful staff.

But STAY WAY FROM ANYTHING OFFERED BY ELITE CITY STAYS.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Another bait & switch!! We booked a 2 bedroom Ultra Luxury Executive Condo at the end of July for a stay over the Christmas holiday(2012). Elite requires the full payment upon booking (done). Got to the building and the "poor" security guard who was on duty (btw he works for the building not Elite) got an earful from me regarding the bait & switch. He said that almost everyone who used Elite had some kind of issue. After waiting 45 min. the rep from Elite, Yosmer, finally showed up to give us the keys. Elite stuck us in a 700 sq ft loft with no separate bedrooms with only 2 full sized beds - not the 2 BEDROOM (1 king, 2 doubles) 1100+ sq ft condo that I had already PAID for five months earlier. His response to my complaint was "Take it or leave it". (This loft only had one full bath & there were 4 of us; 2 of which were teenage boys). After calling them several times a day for 3 days, I finally got Matthew to get approval from his boss to give me a credit for the difference in the prices of the condos. It has been 18 days and the credit still hasn't shown up to my credit card company. Another scam????? Re: the loft - we were on the 6th floor overlooking a 3 story parking garage and the Hotel Continental which was being remodeled (i.e. construction workers working on the outside of the building very early in the a.m.). It had all concrete floors, no toilet paper, constantly running toilet, leak in the kitchen ceiling and a shower faucet that always fell off. The plus side - Perfect location across street from Bayside. Pools were beautiful and got sun for most of the day (in winter alot of hotels & condos in the area don't have sun at the pool because it is too low in the sky and the surrounding high rises block it). Full service CVS downstairs (beer/wine, cereal, sandwiches etc). Excellent restaurants within walking distance (Tre, Ceviche 105, Pollas Y Jarras to name a few) Re: the 2 bedroom Ultra Luxury Executive Condo: My brother's family who was traveling with us did get the 2 bdrm Ultra Lux Ex condo that he booked with Elite. It hadn't been cleaned in at least a year. They were afraid to walk in bare feet because the carpet (should have been beige but was brown) was so dirty. The walls were all scuffed and dirty from people banging their luggage into it etc. However, their view was absolutely fantastic (34th floor). Had we not had such trouble with our condo, my brother said he would have complained but felt "lucky" that he at least had the space/condo he paid for.
Save yourself the aggravation and rent directly through an owner at this property. DO NOT USE ELITE CITY STAYS!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are 2 towers. If I rented from an owner, the best rooms are in the south tower, floors 15+ ove...