“Most HORRIBLE experience - It is a BIG SCAM!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays
244 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Tampa, Florida
“Most HORRIBLE experience - It is a BIG SCAM!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the WORST Company I have ever had to deal with. I booked an executive room back on August 15, 2012 to stay at Residences at Bayside in Miami. I spoke to Matthew of Elite back in August to confirm the reservations and he advised everything was perfect. He even gave me a direct number for him to call him when we were heading down. We checked in again in January of this year to make sure the size of the room and according to them everything was good. BUT yesterday, March 21st the day of check in, I called first thing in the morning to confirm one final time and let them know we were on the way. The number Matthew had given me was disconnected and the other number I had on them their voicemail is the only one that would pick up and NO ONE ever returned my numerous calls. Later in the day, I was informed one hour prior to check in from BOOKING.COM that Elite had called them to let them know they had overbooked and there were NO rooms available. The audacity of this company to screw people over like this is unbelievable! They were able to charge my credit card a day later after booking back in August but they could NOT help me with a room! They did not have the decency to call me back. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!! They are a BIG SCAM!!! I will continue to file claims and report them to the Better Business Bureau. The WORST experience of my life, NO rooms in Miami Bayside area due to the Ultra Music Fesitval. We had to search and search for a room and pay double. A great weekend turned into a nightmare because of Elite.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I booked this hotel 6 months prior in October 2012 for March 2013 attempted to call them weeks before my reservation to confirm. I called everyday 3x and got the answering machine or answering service every single time. I emailed all the email addresses corresponding with Elite City Stays once at day, but got no replies.

At this point I was beginning to get nervous and started my own investigation on this company. I read other reviews to gain more insight and found out that they were being EVICTED from multiple properties in the MIami area. It wasn't until 4 days before my arrival that they emailed me to let me know they were unable to honor my reservation. 4 days prior left me NO TIME to find a hotel in the downtown area for less than $3,000 dollars.

They also charged my card the reservation total back in October 2012 and currently still waiting for my refund. I may have to call my bank in order to settle this dispute.

DO NOT EVER BOOK ANYTHING WITH ELITE CITY STAYS... THEY ARE A SCAM... VERY IRRESPONSIBLE MANAGER (MATTHEW REED)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Check in was odd because the check in area is a sketchy looking office space across the street from the vacation rental. The rooms seemed set up well and comfortable, although basic. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area, sitting area, and a loft bedroom with two baths. The problem is, the bathrooms were filthy and falling apart, the floor to ceiling vertical blinds were missing pieces so the light poured in after daybreak, the televisions and cable did not work, and the number for service in case there is an issue does not work after 5pm. Because we didn't check in until 4:30, we didn't discover all of these problems until it was too late. They moved us to another room the next day, and although the bathrooms were cleaner in this room, still nothing else worked right-- including the lights, tv, internet, and refrigerator. Management was rude and dismissive (and that's putting it mildly). We would never recommend staying here for any reason.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ashland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Elite City Stays did not return any of my phone calls about parking, locked rooms, key fob preventing access, poor directions. Numerous calls ... no return calls.

The place was nice, helpful staff.

But STAY WAY FROM ANYTHING OFFERED BY ELITE CITY STAYS.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Another bait & switch!! We booked a 2 bedroom Ultra Luxury Executive Condo at the end of July for a stay over the Christmas holiday(2012). Elite requires the full payment upon booking (done). Got to the building and the "poor" security guard who was on duty (btw he works for the building not Elite) got an earful from me regarding the bait & switch. He said that almost everyone who used Elite had some kind of issue. After waiting 45 min. the rep from Elite, Yosmer, finally showed up to give us the keys. Elite stuck us in a 700 sq ft loft with no separate bedrooms with only 2 full sized beds - not the 2 BEDROOM (1 king, 2 doubles) 1100+ sq ft condo that I had already PAID for five months earlier. His response to my complaint was "Take it or leave it". (This loft only had one full bath & there were 4 of us; 2 of which were teenage boys). After calling them several times a day for 3 days, I finally got Matthew to get approval from his boss to give me a credit for the difference in the prices of the condos. It has been 18 days and the credit still hasn't shown up to my credit card company. Another scam????? Re: the loft - we were on the 6th floor overlooking a 3 story parking garage and the Hotel Continental which was being remodeled (i.e. construction workers working on the outside of the building very early in the a.m.). It had all concrete floors, no toilet paper, constantly running toilet, leak in the kitchen ceiling and a shower faucet that always fell off. The plus side - Perfect location across street from Bayside. Pools were beautiful and got sun for most of the day (in winter alot of hotels & condos in the area don't have sun at the pool because it is too low in the sky and the surrounding high rises block it). Full service CVS downstairs (beer/wine, cereal, sandwiches etc). Excellent restaurants within walking distance (Tre, Ceviche 105, Pollas Y Jarras to name a few) Re: the 2 bedroom Ultra Luxury Executive Condo: My brother's family who was traveling with us did get the 2 bdrm Ultra Lux Ex condo that he booked with Elite. It hadn't been cleaned in at least a year. They were afraid to walk in bare feet because the carpet (should have been beige but was brown) was so dirty. The walls were all scuffed and dirty from people banging their luggage into it etc. However, their view was absolutely fantastic (34th floor). Had we not had such trouble with our condo, my brother said he would have complained but felt "lucky" that he at least had the space/condo he paid for.
Save yourself the aggravation and rent directly through an owner at this property. DO NOT USE ELITE CITY STAYS!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are 2 towers. If I rented from an owner, the best rooms are in the south tower, floors 15+ ove...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked at this place for mid august 2012 and when we got their about an hour early the manger said the room was not ready yet. and also made us pay cash for parking up front, luckily i was carrying cash in the first place. I had to pull into the residence inn and ask the concierge guys where the office (which they were very willing to help us out) was and it was a shabby & gehtto, to office desk and a little couch nothing "elite" about the place at all. So at 4pm when we went to gather our things and check-in the people seemed polite and willing to help, they also mentioned that if we needed anything for us to call them. We got up to our rooms which we had to find on our own with no map and the parking ramp was a maze luckily were used our head and parked near where we thouht it might be and was correct. We go to the door and the key didn't even open so we called the help number to find out that it was one of those operators and took him about 30 mins to come up, when we were already tired from driving and trying to check in. The place was very warming but it had a kitchen, 1 and a half bathroom, a couch on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the loft area. Cement floors weren't very appealing but we made it work. The swimming area was nice but that was part of the residences inn not elite. Other than that everything was fine until we got to last day that we stayed there and my sister and I left the apt at about 8am to Key West when we came back around 9 pm to the door it was slightly opened, at first we were shocked and scared weither to go in or not but we creeped in and at first glance it did not look like anything was missing but after a closer look i was robbed they took whatever cash i had left on the dinning table along with the purse that it was in. luckily they didn't go upstairs or else they would have stolen my laptop too i immediately called the number no one ressponded and i called the manager over and over again and they kept telling me that he was coming, when he was clearly not we also had to catch a flight at 9am that morning luckly they did not take my id or credit cards because it was on me or else i would have been in trouble. Overall this place made me feel real vulnerable, I was already an out of towner and then they go in and take things that were suppose to be securely locked. I mean it was a key not a key card so it had to be someone who was either working at the hotel or the elite place. Who else would have known there were guests staying there?...I didn;t even try calling them back after my trip just because i felt like it was not going to get anywhere even if i tried with these people.

Room Tip: DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT book with ELite CITY Stays. not worth your money or effort when traveling is...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
evergem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice apartments , there is a big kitchen, a nice bedroom and a lot of facilities like oven, washing machine, dryer, dvd player....
The neighbourhood is very good, there is a supermarket at the corner of the building and Bayside with a lot of restaurants, shops ans pubs is just across the street.
Transportation is very easy, the stops for the bus is right there, also the metromover is in the same street and the sight seeing trolley stops at bayside too.
The poolside is quite big, only in weekend it gets crowdy, I guess a lot of apartments are not rental but residential and those people come to stay there in the weekends.
The only downside is the lack of a bar, no drinks available so when it is hot, you' re in trouble!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays? Share your experiences!