“got robbed while we were out for the day, poor service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays
You added Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays to your Saves list
244 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #28 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“got robbed while we were out for the day, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked at this place for mid august 2012 and when we got their about an hour early the manger said the room was not ready yet. and also made us pay cash for parking up front, luckily i was carrying cash in the first place. I had to pull into the residence inn and ask the concierge guys where the office (which they were very willing to help us out) was and it was a shabby & gehtto, to office desk and a little couch nothing "elite" about the place at all. So at 4pm when we went to gather our things and check-in the people seemed polite and willing to help, they also mentioned that if we needed anything for us to call them. We got up to our rooms which we had to find on our own with no map and the parking ramp was a maze luckily were used our head and parked near where we thouht it might be and was correct. We go to the door and the key didn't even open so we called the help number to find out that it was one of those operators and took him about 30 mins to come up, when we were already tired from driving and trying to check in. The place was very warming but it had a kitchen, 1 and a half bathroom, a couch on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the loft area. Cement floors weren't very appealing but we made it work. The swimming area was nice but that was part of the residences inn not elite. Other than that everything was fine until we got to last day that we stayed there and my sister and I left the apt at about 8am to Key West when we came back around 9 pm to the door it was slightly opened, at first we were shocked and scared weither to go in or not but we creeped in and at first glance it did not look like anything was missing but after a closer look i was robbed they took whatever cash i had left on the dinning table along with the purse that it was in. luckily they didn't go upstairs or else they would have stolen my laptop too i immediately called the number no one ressponded and i called the manager over and over again and they kept telling me that he was coming, when he was clearly not we also had to catch a flight at 9am that morning luckly they did not take my id or credit cards because it was on me or else i would have been in trouble. Overall this place made me feel real vulnerable, I was already an out of towner and then they go in and take things that were suppose to be securely locked. I mean it was a key not a key card so it had to be someone who was either working at the hotel or the elite place. Who else would have known there were guests staying there?...I didn;t even try calling them back after my trip just because i felt like it was not going to get anywhere even if i tried with these people.

Room Tip: DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT book with ELite CITY Stays. not worth your money or effort when traveling is...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
evergem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice apartments , there is a big kitchen, a nice bedroom and a lot of facilities like oven, washing machine, dryer, dvd player....
The neighbourhood is very good, there is a supermarket at the corner of the building and Bayside with a lot of restaurants, shops ans pubs is just across the street.
Transportation is very easy, the stops for the bus is right there, also the metromover is in the same street and the sight seeing trolley stops at bayside too.
The poolside is quite big, only in weekend it gets crowdy, I guess a lot of apartments are not rental but residential and those people come to stay there in the weekends.
The only downside is the lack of a bar, no drinks available so when it is hot, you' re in trouble!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Will definitly stay again. Loved the view and location. Everything is right in the vicinity. We traveled with 6 girls..so the 2bdr/2bath was great for us. Loved the modern decor of the apartment and building itself. Pools were nice. The kitchen comes fully stocked. Only issues were the beds were not comfy but for the price and only 3 nights, it wasnt a biggie. Plus it wouldnt kill them to clean the walls with a mr.clean eraser. Parking sucks like anywhere downtown but they offer valet which works out well. Matthew was awesome in giving us directions for everything.

• Stayed September 2012
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We booked this condo for 3nights for a friends bday...4 of us in the unit...very comfortable. Great location. Bayside is right across the street and delicious restaurants nearby. Just a 10$ cab ride to night clubs (blue martini, lolita, etc) i gave it a lower score in cleanliness because we saw 2 roaches (tiny and on the same night in the kitchen) other than that very clean. Plenty of towels including beach and/or pool towels. Master bathroom OMG! AWESOME! :) I also gave it a lower score on service because our ice thingy wasn't working on the fridge and we called for them to come fix it and they never did. But no biggie because there is a cvs on the corner and ice machines in the pool bar area. Also parking is 18$ a day/night but if you book with groupon it's included. We dealt with Denis at the Elite City Stays office across the street of the south tower. Also if u park right across the street on biscayne its 3$/hr just for check in purposes and such. I will also review the restaurants and bars i went to near by... Cannot beat the price for 3night in downrown miami...my designated stay location for my future trips to MIA!

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am here now in Miami, FL. I arrived here on Friday 7/20 for a girls weekend just to have them pull a bait and switch on us. The original condo was to accommodate 5 women then we were switched to a smaller condo three blocks away with less sleeping room. Today Sunday 7/22 my friends have left and my husband is here with me trying to get the second condo we purchased through "Elite" City Stay only to find that again we have been downgraded, this time in the same building. I feel extremely deceived! We r now having to carry our bags to our room...
Ok we have arrived and the condo has cement floors a terrible view on the 6th floor. This is not happening. Now we have to book another hotel and get out of here. Hope it's not too much more trouble for us to get a refund.

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

if you want something near the arena this is it full kichen washer dryer. cant bet the price for the location your not on the beach so if that is what you want the this is not it but if you want to be close to but not in the crowd this place is great. 2 queens and a left out sofa great for party weekend in mia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Great location! downtown directly across from AA arena and bayside marketplace. Room was great I got the bi level condo had full size kitchen and balcony looked over downtown clean etc! Great Pools and lounge areas. Iam from Dallas and also a regular in Miami. Staying there Is like owning your own condo. I meet some residents and they were all nice. Even Drake mentions this place in his music also he is a resident. I have rented and stayed at alot of condos in the Miami area and this is worth the price! It is valet only but price is not over the top. I strongly recommend this place! you pay just as much for a regular hotel stay in a regular room. Elite city stays is great!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Residences at Bayside - by Elite City Stays? Share your experiences!