“Served as a great base for exploring Miami.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #80 of 130 hotels in Miami
Las Vegas Valley
“Served as a great base for exploring Miami.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with my wife and our 2-year old daughter.

First and foremost, the staff were very pleasant, gracious, and accommodating. I asked one of the housekeepers for an extra bottle of shampoo, and when she saw that I was staying there with my daughter, she promtly loaded me up with shampoos, soaps, lotions, and even a few extra towels. Very nice!

The parking situation is a bit laughable at times; just be aware that you're pretty much stuck with the valet parking prices, and thanks to the VERY limited availability, you'll be leaving your car in a jumbled mess, near the hotel's entrance if you return late in the evening. The parking attendants were very good about explaining the situation, though. I understand the area, and the fact that their hands were tied. Hey, what can ya do? They clear the cars as soon as space became available, so no complaints.

The hotel itself was fine. Clean and spacious common areas, Small and efficient excercise room and pool.

The property is situated across the street from a Publix grocery store, which was big, clean, and seemed to cater to the residents of the surrounding high-rise condos.

A tip: SKIP THE HOTEL BREAKFAST.
The Publix offers a variety of fresh pastries, a sit-down cafe', deli, and even a little booth which sells some great -tasting (and REALLY CHEAP) Cuban coffee.

The hotel is about a block away from SW 88th St. which offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including the HUGE MALL.

The rooms were clean and well appointed. The bathroom was spacious, with enough vanity/counter space to accommodate my wife's seemingly endless amount of cosmetics.

Though we did not have much of a view from our room, aside from the Publix parking lot, we were able to focus more on what was happening inside the room. Which we truly enjoyed.

Let's get something straight:

This is NOT a resort. What you're paying for is the convenient location. The pool is small, as is the exercise room, which in my opion, are just fine.

If you're looking for a clean, conveniently located, and spacious place to use as a base while you explore Miami, you can't go wrong here.

It's not the Ritz, but the staff, clean spaces, and location made our stay very enjoyable. Kudos!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Nice decor, big room and bathroom. Comfy bed. Free shuttle service to the airport was great.
Only negatives, walls seemed a little thin (either that or our neighbor was just loud at times). Overall the place was very clean, but I did see a couple of small ants in the bathroom. Vallet service also took some time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

The courtyard is a great hotel - spotlessly clean and the staff are very professional. The only reasons that I wouldnt give it five stars is due to the valet parking (just a personal preference for hotels with self parking) and the noise that can sometimes occur from the location of the hotel (it is surrounded by tall buildings so noise from other garages etc can be annoying if car alarms go off). I would definitely stay here again - you can walk to Dadeland mall and metrorail.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I loved my one night stay. Normally I stay across the road at the Dadeland Marriott, (must have stayed there more than two dozen nights (including a whole week) over the last 3 years, always with son or husband or both) but because I was travelling alone this time, and breakfast was included, in the great room rate of $101, I decided to try the Courtyard. I was not at all disappointed....rooms actually larger than the Dadeland M standard king/ 2 queen rooms, or at least have more free floor space. Comfortable king-size bed, (loads of pillows) comfortable couch, usable coffee table, usable desk and a connection box in front of the large swivel mounted TV where my IPod plugged in...There was an empty working fridge, great for the few things bought from the next door Publix.. Wireless internet connection in the room made using Skype from my ITouch very easy and best of all FREE. Ironing board and iron in the closet. No in room safe though.

The bathroom, was roomy, spotless (and I am a clean freak) with loads of towels. (They did have a chlorex odour, (as in a previous post) but faint so it was not that bad, and at least proved they were clean???). The shower was powerful and there was plenty of hot water. I am short so managed a nice soak in the tub, but would not be much of a soak for anyone tall.

There was a slight stale smell in the room when I arrived (no problem at all with an early check in at 11am), but when I mentioned it to the head housekeeper, (I met in her by chance in the corridor), she was very sympathtic and I think the carpet was given a shampoo while I was out, certainly the room did not smell stale when I got back about 5 hours later . The front desk staff were bright and helpful and welcoming, replacing a broken hair drier in a few minutes, and when my keycard didn't work in the door, someone was there to help before I got back from reporting it on the corridor phone...(of course the key then worked first time). (Apart from stale smell...minor points)

The free breakfast was much better than I expected, with a choice of cereals, fruit, pastries, sausages, bacon, and a chef preparing eggs to order, there were waffles, toast (toaster took ages though) and hot oats etc. Even so if I had to pay it would only have been $13...very good value. Not as extensive as some places, but definitely 100% better than say a Comfort Inn style buffet breakfast. In the lobby were two large fridges, one stocked with beverages (including beer) and one with things like prepared sandwiches and salads...also trays of snack type foods - help yourself and pay at reception. There was also complimentary coffee, tea and iced tea in the lobby and use of a microwave.

I like this area, because the Dadeland Mall is about 5 mins walk away (JC Penny, Macys, Saks and Nordstrom as anchors). There is a Metro station practically in the Dadeland Marriott and one stop away is Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and Best Buy Superstores (plus Sports Authority and Michaels) . (Metro now with a $5 all day ticket, great because can go back and forth the one stop and save having to pay $2 each way!!!). Across the highway are some others large stores like Payless, Borders etc. all within walking distance. The Free airport shuttle (serves both Marriotts) will drop off and pick up from the mall (great if you are laden with tired feet). Now the same shuttle even does a run to the Dolphin Mall for $15 return...

I would happily have stayed for the week, and will definitely stay there the next time I need some retail therapy....

The staff service in both hotels: I always had excellent service and a cheery "welcome back" at the Dadeland M I could not choose between the staff, at the Courtyard the staff equaled the DM, but for value the Courtyard wins hands down.....I will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I've been traveling to do business at the University of Miami for several months now. I've been staying at this Courtyard the entire time. The staff are incredibly efficient and friendly. Everyone from the service staff, Rene and Ana in the restaurant, Pier the Valet and Tina and Norma and the others in reception go the extra step to ensure that I have everything I needed in an efficient and timely manner.

My only gripe would be that the internet in the room is wired and slow (by today's standards). Other than that, I have nothing but praise for this hotel and it's staff.

You know, reading back over this, I realized that this is just a regular Courtyard hotel and while there certainly isn't anything wrong with that, it's the staff that makes this hotel more than JUST a Courtyard.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

I checked in at 1:00 AM, it was rather late, and we were tired, but the front desk seemed to be more willing to chitchat with the office girl rather than have us check-in. After they finished their lovy-dovy talks, we were asked for, checked-in. The carpet smelled a little. The bath towels had strong clorox odor. The valet parking in this hotel sucks. They take too much time to get teh car our and at times the front desk forgets to ask valet or the valet forgets even if front desk asks them to. But ofcourse no one will apologise or anything for wasting your time. Its a big inconvenience if you plan to stay for more than a day or two, believe me. I met the worst front desk pople at this hotel. They are not courteous, not polite and are straight faced so much that it is almost rude, but i guess it could be me since i have never stayed in a hotel where the front desk didnt greet you smilingly or didn't take care of your problems at the earliest. The iron and the iron board looked like ones from school dorm and i feared for my clothes. They replace 2 irons the latter was worse. When i got theird iron, they didn't botehr to take the previous two away, the neatly arranged those crappy irons on TV desk for my view...soothing...isn't it? I have stayed in hotels across country, this probably was the poorest courtyard marriot experience ever!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Caribbean Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Good on price, location, cleanliness. You want somewhere you can be happy with, bearing in mind what you are spending, and what you get for your money. But I picked this hotel because of its location - near Mall, near Metrorail, near other shopping outlets, all within walking distance, and I'm in my 50's - and therefore hoped for the best. Website's exterior shots of hotel in daylight not relevant as you only really see the inside of a hotel. But the inside was clean, the decor was fresh (recently re-done maybe ?), carpets clean & not fraying,and the room was great. Much better than expected, and I've stayed in some dumps that dare to call themselves hotels. Comfy beds, plenty of dresser space & (wow) a surplus of hangers. Bathroom in excellent condition, not showing cracks or caulk like many other hotels. Room nice & quiet. Slept very well.

On the negative side, plenty of TV channels, but most of them were networks showing the same tired programming. Free internet service in lobby was barely adequate; not encountered those connection speeds since the days of dial-up. Not a place to be if you can't get out. But as I got out & about, the negatives didn't have any impact.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!