“Not worth your money” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 122 Hotels in Miami
FL
“Not worth your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

If you want to be ripped-off then this is the hotel for you.

I like to stay at different places to compare price vs value. At the time of my visit (May, 2006), this hotel was very new--great, it should be worth the money. NOT!! During my stay: I paided $199/night before taxes and fees. There was no self-parking so I had to valet @$19/day to have "special" street parking. The valet drove off with my car without inquiring if I had gotten everything I wanted at the time--which I hadn't. So he had to bring it back, which took 10 mins to do so--he just drove off with it, how hard can it be to find it? No hello from him, no smiles, nothing when I arrived. Then he had the nerves to stand around and wait for a tip. What's worst is that I had to retrieve it from valet everytime I needed to access it and the valets expected a tip each time. One night I even saw the valet bump another car while trying to park. And it wasn't a light bump. Thank goodness it wasn't my car! The check-in person was not friendly--not one smile, not even a hello or sorts. It took 15 mins for me to check-in because she was more interested with chatting-it-up with her co-worker than helping me. The room was nothing extraordinare for the rate. Yes, clean because it's new; a comfortable bed, but that's all. It has a "wonderful" $199/night view of the across-the-street grocery store parking lot! As for the pool, it had the best view of highrise construction everybody wants to have. It wasn't even in working condition. A notice posted at the street entrance to the hotel informed guests to go across the street to use the sister hotel's pool. How inconvenient! It should have been in good working condition, this hotel was newly constructed shortly before my visit. At $199/night I would have thought they could afford to provide some sort of breakfast in the giant lobby. Wishful thinking. I guess I know where all the money went :-) The Hampton Inn 3 minutes car ride away provides continental breakfast for somewhere around $129/night. During check-out, different staff, same bad service. It must be a hotel thing :-( To prolong the departure, the valet took over 20 minutes to bring my car. A tip? Sure--friendlier and faster service would be nice :-)

Will never stay her again unless their prices are exceptionally lower than anyone else's in the vicinity. I think I would have been better off at the highrise Marriott across the street for an extra $20/night. Or better yet, back at the Hampton.

• Liked — New Hotel with big lobby area
  • Disliked — Unfriendly staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Learn how to speak/understand spanish before visiting the Miami area
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

The location was certainly good and rooms were a nice size. What they didn't tell me is that their "free airport shuttle" meant I might have to wait 3 hours at the airport, even though the hotel is less than 10 miles away. Check with them before you travel to find out how long you might have to wait. Friends of mine were given keys to dirty hotel rooms TWICE, but then compensated with the very nice, $9-12 breakfast buffet.

There was a language barrier with some staff, as well.

• Stayed June 2006
Birmingham, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

What can I say? This Courtyard opened in late 2004, and it's awesome! It's still a little pricey, but if you don't mind paying a little extra, you'll be rewarded! I love the new design work by Marriott. Updated colors, fabrics, furnishings, you name it. I especially like the high speed access (it's free) in the rooms, as well as several computer workstations downstairs in the lobby area. Nice restraunt area with above average fare. Workout facility is small but well equipped by today's standards (has a dumbell "rack"). Valet parking- I think it was $6. Rooms are excellent. If you catch a break, you might even get upgraded to a room with a walk-in shower and two-person whirlpool tub! Great spot- walk to Publix next door, or the Dadeland Mall.

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard Miami Dadeland

Address: 9075 South Dadeland Blvd, Miami, FL 33156
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #71 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Miami Dadeland 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Miami Dadeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Miami Dadeland Hotel Miami
Miami Courtyard
Miami Marriott

If you own or manage Courtyard Miami Dadeland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.