“Airconditioning on room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Airconditioning on room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I arrived the first room they asigned me smelled terrible like mold. The second room like mildew. I discovered that with low temperatures like 68 F the problem was fixed, But when I put the air conditioning at 71 or 72 F the smell came back.
I spent 5 days with allergies.
I didnt change of hotel because my mother is an old client and the staff treats her like home. The service was great.
So I recommend the administration of the Courtyard to fix the air systems in the rooms. Is great located. You have a Publix in the back and Dadeland mall pretty close, and they also provide shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Laura,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. My sincere apologies in regards to the musty odor in your guest rooms. Since your departure our engineering department has completed thorough maintenance to all AC units within our guest rooms, therefore the problem has been corrected.

I know you mentioned your Mother is a frequent guest at Courtyard and hope that you also will allow us another chance to service you accordingly.

Please feel free to reach out to me while you are here and I will go above and beyond to make your stay exceptional.

Thank you so much again for being our guest and hope to host you here again whenever your travels bring you back to Miami!

Kindest Regards,
Celeste Senofonte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I do the traveling consulting thing, so I am in a hotel almost every week of the year. I just switched clients from the Cincinnati area to Miami. Being a Marriott Platinum member doesn't seem to mean much at the Courtyard. Other than a line they read off the computer, stating they are glad to see I am a Platinum member, they don't recognize you from week to week. In Cincinnati they knew me by first and last name quickly and always had a smile for you. This Courtyard is don't make eye contact and don't remember your repeat customers from week to week. Now with all that said, the place is clean, but no microwave in the room. The usual comfortable beds and decor. If you are a once in a while traveler, the place is fine, but if you are a travel every week person, don't expect this to become home away from home. The other consultants I am working with are all in agreement with me and we are looking at other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, they seem much larger and at least you can get some fresh air.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear Valued Platinum Member,

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies that you have not received exceptional service with us.

Your loyalty to Marriott is greatly valued and I am so sorry that our associates have not been

more personable and attentive upon your arrivals. I have addressed this with our management

team who are readdressing this issue with our staff so that all guests especially, elite rewards

members like yourself are acknowledged and made to feel at home and genuinely

appreciated. I am here to service you with any specific needs and requests you may have.

Please feel free to reach out to me when you are here with anything you might need and let me

know how we can make your next stay with us both exceptional as well as memorable!

Warmest Regards,

305 670-1220

celeste.senofonte@mdmusa.com
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Just completed my first visit to this hotel. Cannot describe it as anything else but exceptional. Hotel is in an excellent location with many shopping and eating places within walking distance. The rooms are great; just what you would expect of a Courtyard Marriott. Friendly and helpful staff at the front desk, especially Alexandra, Harvy and Camilla. Needed their help as I am from abroad and they were always willing to assist. They are quite knowledgeable about the area and even gave you the most economical options to get to your destination. Staff even did a great job at cleaning the room. Utilised the breakfast package which was great. Food was quite tasty. I will definitely stay here again once in the area.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms were quiet with a nice view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Stayed at the hotel 09/14 - 09/17 in room 412. The hotel staff was very pleasant and gave great suggestions for places to eat. However, the room itself smelled musty and the carpet and bed linens felt damp. There were co-workers who stayed in two other rooms on same floor and they mentioned the same thing. I don't know if the air conditioner was not functioning properly or what the issue was. So that is the reason for the rating. Also no complimentary USA Today available - Fairfield Inn of Marriott chain provides complimentary copies.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the damp and musty smell you experienced in your guest room. Our management team has taken the appropriate measures to correct this issue we had.

Once again I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations and hope you can give us another opportunity to service you again accordingly. Before the end of 2015 we are going to be renovating thus modernizing all 128 rooms. I hope we have the privilege of seeing you again and having you experience our more modernized guest rooms.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any further requests.

Kindest regards,

celeste.senofonte@mdmusa.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Avoid at all cost the use of the airport shuttle service that is available @ the hotel for $10usd especially if you have an early morning flight to catch. I had a 7am flight to board@ Miami International and decided to utilise the service that was extended to me by the hotel. I enquired the earliest pickup time and was told 5am. I was a bit skeptical because domestic passengers needed to check in 2 hrs before but the hotelier assured me that they usually on time and had nothing to worry about.
Low and behold on the day of my departure I came to the lobby 4:45am to ensure easy checkout and that I was on time for the 5am shuttle depart to the airport.
As I looked at my clock and the minutes quickened to 5am I began to become worried, there was no shuttle in sight although the night receptionist confirm his arrival in a few minutes. Five minutes passed, seven... then when I couldn't take it anymore I flew in the face of the receptionist another time; he then proceeded to contact the nearby hotel in search of the shuttle driver...and was told he was in the toilet.... Really?
It went on for five minutes later...no sight of the shuttle nor the driver...the receptionist then proceeded to walk over to the nearby hotel in search for the driver..it was nearing 5:23...then here comes the shuttle driving in @5km, the driver exits and when asked as to why he is so late he responds he has two hotels to service..
The moral of this story is time is money....almost had to pay $150usd extra cause a $10usd ride ran late!!
Beware!
You were warned
KSJ

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had with our Airport Shuttle. I can understand how disheartened and worried you must have felt about making your flight on time and I am once again so sorry you had such a delay. I have reported your experience to our management team who is taking appropriate measures to improve our shuttle service. As a valued guest, I hope you can pardon us and allow us another opportunity to service you accordingly. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and hope we have the privilege to exceed your expectations.

Please feel free to reach out to me at 305 670-1220 if I may be able to further assist you in any way.

Kindest regards,
Ambassador/Guest Relations
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Dadeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

I was on a medical emergency in Miami and picked this hotel because it was close to the hospital. While the hotel rooms were what I expected for a Courtyard, the staff went above and beyond in their care to make sure me and my family were comfortable, welcomed and well taken care of. They even delivered a special treat to our room with a get well note. They were flexible in the days I needed stay as they were dependent on my doctor. I was very touched by their care. It is also convenient to a Publix grocery store across the street. I recommend this hotel to anyone having to have treatment at the Miami Baptist Hospital.

Bayside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

On business in Miami. Staff were great! Service excellent! I was greeted warmly from entry to departure. Absolutely no problems. Centrally located. Nice gym to work out those extra pounds after my meals. I recommend this place to anyone on business.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!