“Good Enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 130 hotels in Miami
Bayside, New York
“Good Enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

On business in Miami. Staff were great! Service excellent! I was greeted warmly from entry to departure. Absolutely no problems. Centrally located. Nice gym to work out those extra pounds after my meals. I recommend this place to anyone on business.

Stayed July 2014

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed one night. We were greeted by very welcoming valets as there is only valet parking (for $11 a day) at the hotel. The valets were extremely nice. Check-in went okay and we went to our room (#307). I unpacked and checked out the bathroom which was extremely clean and we were happy to find out that we received the extra towels that we requested. I took a shower and decided to rest in bed before our outing. That's when I discovered that the pillows smelled bad. They smelled like sweaty scalp --- really gross. I don't think the pillow cases were changed from the previous guests. Also, the sheets, while not dirty, did not seem fresh to us; they seemed like they had been smoothed out from the previous guest as well. Well, didn't know what to do since husband isn't the type to make waves. Our solution: went to Publix to get some Febreze and sprayed the bed up and down to make the bad odor go away. I also found that applying Vicks to my nose helped mask the pillow odor. Needless to say, didn't sleep that great last night. Won't be back here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant odor you experienced in your guest room.
Had we been made aware of the situation we would have gladly offered you alternative accommodations. I can understand how disheartened you must have felt and once again ask you to pardon this inconvenience. We have discussed this matter with our Director of Rooms who has taken measures to remedy the situation.

If you visit Miami again please consider allowing us another opportunity to service you accordingly.

Sincere Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was in the area pursuant to business trip.

I was dissatisfied and left the property. I confirmed with the front desk that I was leaving after about two hours. I offered to pay for the approximately 2 hours I was there. The two front desk clerks were courteous and stated I did not have to pay.

A few days later I noticed that the hotel had charged my credit card.
When I inquired, the assistant manager claimed that I had not given notice that I was leaving the hotel.

I stayed at another hotel that night.

I asked the manager to review the video and to check with the valet as to my having retrieved my auto and not returned.

No such effort was made by the hotel manager.

When I did some research, I found that the person who represented himself as the manager, was not the manager, rather an assistant.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Christopher,

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.
I have discussed your situation with our management team who has already remedied the situation by reimbursing your credit card. You should have received an email confirmation explaining the reimbursement.

I hope you can disregard this matter and give us another opportunity to service you accordingly.Once again we are sorry we did not exceed your guest needs.

Sincere Regards,
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is nothing special, so it doesn't require many superlatives to describe my stay. It is your basic Courtyard, so the basics you would expect are there. If you are needing to stay anywhere in the area, it is very convenient to many shops and has easy and quick access to highways/freeways, etc.

It is a straight shot into Coconut Grove and Miami Beach, as always depends on time of day on whether that will be an easy and quick trip.

The staff was friendly enough and took care of everything as they should. No problems.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recently being our guest at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Dadeland. In your response you indicated that the "hotel was nothing special". Therefore if we have the privilege of having you as our guest again, please tell us what we can do to make your stay extra special? We look to exceed the expectations of our guests so please inform us of how we can service you.

Kindest Regards,
Ambassador/Guest Relations
Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

By far one of the better hotels I have stayed at. I usually end up staying at the Courtyard in Dadeland because it is conveniently located across from the Dadeland Mall, close to the US 1 and close to the ramp for the 826/Palmetto Expressway. The staff is also excellent, hospitable, and very on point. I highly recommend this hotel for business travellers and for those who like a getaway in Miami, luxury at a affordable price!

Room Tip: I find almost all rooms very spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

A 14-day stay at the Courtyard. Home away from home for my wife and me. Relaxing atmosphere. Was here for doctoral defense at U Miami. Conveniently located. Metrorail is just 3 minutes walk. Publix next door & Dadeland Mall a block away. Staff are great & friendly especially Rene @ the Bistro. Small but nice pool & jacuzzi. Going to stay here again next time when visiting Miami in the future. Business amenities are good!

• Stayed May 2014
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

As a Caribbean shopper! & businessperson the team at Front Desk and Bell Station could not have been more helpful - they were warm, used my name, relaxed yet gave on-point clear information in an efficient manner. The bar/bistro was great for a check-in salad and glass of wine and the attendant was all smiles and assistance.
SO, the product is good and meets standard Courtyard expectations but the STAFF knock it out of the ball-park!

One small niggle - reposition the TV - if watching in bed you have to turn your neck left - uncomfortable!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!