“Information update to 1-800 line” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #79 of 129 hotels in Miami
Saint John, Canada
“Information update to 1-800 line”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Feb 8 post cruise, told on line free shuttle to hotel, wrong. 10 pp. each way. They did adjust this because of the confusion. (I think, I will have to check the cc). Front desk were nice. Valet parking only which is $11, but 5.50 for Marriott rewards so I was told at desk. Under construction, the breakfast was not ok. The coffee was good. The hotel elevator has to be started with your room card, I think this is dangerous. It is under renovation right now. Beds comfortable, everything worked in room. I did not get to the pool or hot tub. I used a certificate, the rate is $200, for that I would say "not this Marriott". Very tight area with lots of traffic. It is Miami. I do think that it is very close to the Dadeland mall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My Fiancee and I stayed at this location in Nov. 2013, and it was great! Clean, spacious, quiet, and we had a balcony room overlooking the pool (although it was closed during our stay) and the high rises of Dadeland. The lobby was under construction, but they did mention that on the website and it was no problem at all since we had a nice room. We were given a complimentary continental breakfast since their normal dining was closed. They reduced the valet parking fee since we are Elite members with Marriott for the construction inconvenience. The only problem was with the valet parking since they park the cars on the 9th floor of a nearby condo building (Metropolis I believe; my family has a condo there and they told me it gets a little crazy on their floor for parking sometimes), it takes awhile, 15 minutes usually to get your car. So don't be in a hurry if you have a car. The prices are decent and the location is great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ATL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Courtyard is located in a convenient location near Dadeland Mall (for those looking to shop), the metro, US 1, and a highway. It was well situated for my trip since I was covering a large area in Miami with my visits and outings. The hotel had renovations going on for its cafe/bar/restaurant area but it was not a nuisance. They did provide free complimentary continental breakfast so at least something was easily within reach. It was also very close to a supermarket which was also convenient.

One drawback is that self-parking is not easy (no on-site parking). Daily valet costs $11 (or half for Platinum Marriott members).

The rooms are standard Courtyard fare which is decent. Internet worked well and was free.

The room's sleep quality was good with no outside noise coming in (5th floor) and good curtains to block light.

My one issue with this hotel was housekeeping's inability to clean the bathrooms. My first of two nights there, right after checking in I had to shower to go meet some folks and I noticed some long hairs on the floor, on a corner of the sink counter, and on the tub's ledge. I was rushed to leave but called the front desk to have them clean the bathroom fully the next morning (it was new year's eve so no cleaning staff around that night). The next morning, I confirmed with the front desk the request. When I returned later that day, the sink area and tub had been cleaned but the floor was not touched. My question is, if a guest (a Platinum one at that) calls and complains the bathroom is not clean and requests it to be cleaned, wouldn't you expect the cleaning to be extra thorough? Apparently not. This hotel needs to ensure not only that housekeeping staff knows how to properly address a complaint but, more importantly, how to clean bathrooms.

It is a shame as the hotel is well situated and priced; and front desk and valet staff were responsive and friendly. But I will not stay here again with the bathroom's cleaning experience.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms will be quiet enough,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Where shall I begin? Should it start with the poor WIFI service? The value of the rooms and the price don't match. Service did not get better! The hotel is under construction but they did not have it listed on the website so I could have made a decision to go somewhere else. There is so much more.. but I'll skip to the really good part. I checked my bag so that when I finished working I could pick it up and go to the airport. They provided me with a ticket so that no one else could pick up my bag. Well they gave my bag to a colleague they had no clue I knew... funny thing it was the wrong bag. My colleague did not know which bag so they just gave him one. I did not authorize anyone to pick up my bag so they arrived at the airport with the wrong bag. The only good thing about the hotel is they offer shuttle to the airport which drops you off across the street at a different Marriott property... careful crossing the busy street. Good luck talking to the hotel manager.... Customer Experience POOR! Would I recommend it to a friend NO!

Room Tip: Call Hilton!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and normally stay at Marriott properties. I knew in advance that the lobby was under renovation, and booked here anyway. The downside was that the motor entrance was blocked with construction trucks, and the breakfast area was modified - they did offer a complimentary continental breakfast. Rooms were updated with standard Courtyard comfort - as expected, which is why I like Courtyards. With the renovation, you had to go directly across the street to the full service Marriott for a work out a pool, but this was nice as the Marriott's workout facility was very nice. Another good thing about this hotel, or the Marriott, it that you can walk to local restaurants and mall, and they provide airport shuttle - I saw lot's of flight crews staying at both properties. I found the location ideal, and will stay here again - looking forward to a completed renovation, and will get an excellent rating at that time.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the Dadeland Ave, but there is not much traffic. Even number rooms are quieter...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at the beginning of August for a business trip, as my usual Hampton Inn around the corner was booked. Housekeeping had not stocked toiletries in room so I had to go downstairs to get shampoo and conditioner (Paul Mitchell - very nice!). Next morning, the dryer in the room did not work. Bathroom nice and big, but very dated. Air conditioner was loud and room humid. I know it is Florida, but the A/C should take care of that! Overall, good location, room nice size, but a/c old and property overall looks dated. Will go elsewhere next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bentonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We chose this for a one night layover and were pleased. We were with in walking distance to mall and restaurants . It was the furthest we could find from the airport with a free shuttle and within walking distance of some places to go. If we wanted a quick weekend get a way, we would not hesitate to go here.

Room Tip: Get a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!