“Clean and Safe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Clean and Safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

This Hotel is newer, clean, and the staff was great. The only issue was the drive into Miami. It was only 11 miles but traffic on the Dixie Highway sometimes created a 30 minute drive. The Hotel has no parking but they have excellent Valets for $10.00 per day. The area is nice with a Mall and a Grocery Store within 1/2 a block. You can feel safe between this location and Miami Beach.

• Liked — New Clean Rooms and flat screen tv's
  • Disliked — No Parking
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sunny Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

Only stayed one day due to a Christmas party on this coast. Check in was quick, they upgraded us to a king size suite, which was nice with it's little living room and desk. Beds were great, room very clean. The only thing I wish they would change is the bathroom. Our's was large, but it had a narrow bathtub and hubby is a big football type guy. It was quite funny with him wrestling with the plastic sheet stuck to his body. Marriottt....please, please update your bathrooms to have a large shower stall !!!

We did not have breakfast there, since we had plans elsewhere. Check-out was quick and great. No annoying maids bamming on your door at 7:00 am either. Staff seemed very well trained, and spoke very good English, even the late night staff.

Yes, there is no on site parking. All the web sites for this hotel tell you that. But, it was fairly priced at $10, and the valet service was quick. Miami parking for $10.00 is a steal ! Trust me!

Overall, a great stay. Dadeland mall is right around the corner, Dixe Highway is right around the corner....great location, great hotel !

• Liked — Nice safe neighborhood, with a great staff !
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Frisco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

I stayed here on business and really liked the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable with many pillows and a down comforter. I also liked how there was a nice sized ledge in the bathtub for all of my toiletries, b/c I was sharing the room with 2 other people and need the extra space. The hotel was only 4 stories which meant you never had to wait very long for the elevator! The lobby of the hotel has like 4 computers with free internet access which is the most I've ever seen available at a hotel. The price was reasonable for a Marriott. The area around the hotel is safe and nice. The Dadeland Mall is within walking distance and it hosts several nice restaurants. I'd be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

The day I was going to check in I call in the morning to confirm the airport shuttle, I tell the lady who answered that I am landing tonight and need to find out about the shuttle. She tells me it leaves the hotel every hour on the hour so just call after I get my luggage and they will tell me where to meet it.

When I get my luggage about 10:30pm I call and they tell me the last shuttle leaves the airport at 9:30 and I will have to find my own way to the hotel. I get transfered the Courtyard front desk after disputing this and they tell me to take a cab. I say "And you will reimburse the taxi cost, right?" She thought about it and said yes. So they took care of that but still a hassle I did not want.

So I get the hotel and ask "Where can I get some food at this hour?" She says no where really, but say some fast food might be open a 10 min walk away. I hike it the place get some food and come back and see in the lobby some sandwiches, pasta, salads, etc. She failed to mention any of this and let me walk to get my food.

The room was ok, little noisy. Fairly clean and good sized. Free internet. I did expect much more for the price though. The staff did not seem too interested in my needs either. Some days I got a paper, others not. So it was just ok but for the price it was a negative stay.

• Liked — Free internet, location
  • Disliked — the hotel staff
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

If you want to be ripped-off then this is the hotel for you.

I like to stay at different places to compare price vs value. At the time of my visit (May, 2006), this hotel was very new--great, it should be worth the money. NOT!! During my stay: I paided $199/night before taxes and fees. There was no self-parking so I had to valet @$19/day to have "special" street parking. The valet drove off with my car without inquiring if I had gotten everything I wanted at the time--which I hadn't. So he had to bring it back, which took 10 mins to do so--he just drove off with it, how hard can it be to find it? No hello from him, no smiles, nothing when I arrived. Then he had the nerves to stand around and wait for a tip. What's worst is that I had to retrieve it from valet everytime I needed to access it and the valets expected a tip each time. One night I even saw the valet bump another car while trying to park. And it wasn't a light bump. Thank goodness it wasn't my car! The check-in person was not friendly--not one smile, not even a hello or sorts. It took 15 mins for me to check-in because she was more interested with chatting-it-up with her co-worker than helping me. The room was nothing extraordinare for the rate. Yes, clean because it's new; a comfortable bed, but that's all. It has a "wonderful" $199/night view of the across-the-street grocery store parking lot! As for the pool, it had the best view of highrise construction everybody wants to have. It wasn't even in working condition. A notice posted at the street entrance to the hotel informed guests to go across the street to use the sister hotel's pool. How inconvenient! It should have been in good working condition, this hotel was newly constructed shortly before my visit. At $199/night I would have thought they could afford to provide some sort of breakfast in the giant lobby. Wishful thinking. I guess I know where all the money went :-) The Hampton Inn 3 minutes car ride away provides continental breakfast for somewhere around $129/night. During check-out, different staff, same bad service. It must be a hotel thing :-( To prolong the departure, the valet took over 20 minutes to bring my car. A tip? Sure--friendlier and faster service would be nice :-)

Will never stay her again unless their prices are exceptionally lower than anyone else's in the vicinity. I think I would have been better off at the highrise Marriott across the street for an extra $20/night. Or better yet, back at the Hampton.

• Liked — New Hotel with big lobby area
  • Disliked — Unfriendly staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Learn how to speak/understand spanish before visiting the Miami area
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

The location was certainly good and rooms were a nice size. What they didn't tell me is that their "free airport shuttle" meant I might have to wait 3 hours at the airport, even though the hotel is less than 10 miles away. Check with them before you travel to find out how long you might have to wait. Friends of mine were given keys to dirty hotel rooms TWICE, but then compensated with the very nice, $9-12 breakfast buffet.

There was a language barrier with some staff, as well.

• Stayed June 2006
Birmingham, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

What can I say? This Courtyard opened in late 2004, and it's awesome! It's still a little pricey, but if you don't mind paying a little extra, you'll be rewarded! I love the new design work by Marriott. Updated colors, fabrics, furnishings, you name it. I especially like the high speed access (it's free) in the rooms, as well as several computer workstations downstairs in the lobby area. Nice restraunt area with above average fare. Workout facility is small but well equipped by today's standards (has a dumbell "rack"). Valet parking- I think it was $6. Rooms are excellent. If you catch a break, you might even get upgraded to a room with a walk-in shower and two-person whirlpool tub! Great spot- walk to Publix next door, or the Dadeland Mall.

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!