“Business Trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 131 hotels in Miami
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Business Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel its nice and cozy, however it needs to be renovated. It's old and kind of pricey for the conditions of the hotel. You have to pay valet parking everyday, the price was reasonable. The staff is very friendly and professional. Walking distance form the hotel its a supermarket and a nice cuban restaurant "El sitio", perfect for an evening when you dont feel like going to a busy restaurant. It has a very nice pool and a nice gym.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Right across the street from Dadeland Mall in Miami, this is a convenient location for shoppers. The hotel front desk staff are very friendly and courteous. Very large bathroom and spacious bedroom. We enjoyed our 1 night stay there. Valet parking only with in/out privileges.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We were in South Florida for a wedding 15 minutes south of the Hotel. Our stay was outstanding! The Hotel Staff was extremely attentive and handled all of our needs. The pool is a little on the small side but it was very adequate. We had family from Kansas staying at the property and the Courtyard/Patio was an excellent place for our visit.

The valet staff did a great job with very little delay in bringing us our car. The location was extremely convenient with a Publix Supermarket right across the street.

A good value and really quite reasonable! We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel 5 or 6 times over the past 4 years & it's always been the same experience - below average. I normally enjoy my hotel stays & look forward to a great experience but I knew not to expect much on this stay and I wasn't wrong.

Sorry to focus on the negative but;
- The hotel decor hasn't changed in the past 4 years. It's clean & well maintained but dated.
- The elevators are slow & show signs of wear and tear as does the bathrooms and the furniture in the rooms.
- The towels smell of bleach.
- The air conditioning unit on is like having jet engine going in the room.
. The walls are very thin and I was treated to an array of entertainment from the rooms next door, including a couple who were either suffering from tourettes or were in the middle of their marriage breaking down.
- I hate using vallet parking & think thatvallet parking should be optional & that parking should be part of the room rate. Some days it took 20+ minutes for the car to be brought around.

Some positives;
- Breakfast is good a set price and there's a very good selection & service, but $12 for some cereal & fruit is overpriced. You would want to be eating everything on offer to get value for money.
- Location is good with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

I'll not be booking here again unless they have redecorated. Have passed this feedback onto my travel arrangers also. The courtyard chain are revamping all their hotels & this one needs to be bumped up the list.

Overall - well below average.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My cousin and I visited Miami for Springbreak this year, and we stayed at the Dadeland Courtyard. It was great! The service was great! They had a free shuttle that picked us up from the hotel. They would also take you to surrounding areas for free as well, which was very convenient. They also had someone from Enterprise there to help with renting a car, which was very convenient. They will pick you up, and you can leave the car there once you are done. The location of the hotel was close to shopping, eating, and bars. And I loved the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room. The price was great too! Hotels in Miami are very expensive, but this hotel was very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed staying there, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott in Coconut Grove is a good value, with a very nice property for the money. There's a good-sized lobby with a few large televisions for hanging out or reading. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Everyone speaks both Spanish and English fluently.

The location is pretty good, if you don't want to be on Miami Beach (or pay Miami Beach prices). The hotel is a 5-minute walk away from the large Dadeland Mall, a shorter walk away from a smaller shopping area with a few restaurants and shops, literally across the street from a large Publix supermarket, and a few flocks away from the highway entrance -- yet somehow does not have a ton of traffic around the hotel. Our room was on the third floor, right above a busy street, yet we didn't find traffic noise to be a problem at all. The surrounding area seemed pretty safe to me, certainly during the day as well as at night.

Rooms are clean, well-decorated in hotel style, and good-sized. We stayed in a suite, which was plenty big, with a large separate room containing a kitchen counter area, mini-fridge, and microwave. The normal room our relatives stayed in looked similarly nice.

Breakfast is served daily. The buffet is pretty good, and a decent value (about $11). Waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. The hotel restaurant doesn't serve lunch or dinner, but we found a number of decent restaurants (Cuban, Mexican, burgers, a bar), plus the supermarket, within about 2 blocks.

The pool and pool area, with a hot tub, is very nice but small. For whatever reason, though, none of the other guests were ever at the pool during the times we were there, so we generally had the whole pool to ourselves.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just returned from Miam and had a bad experience staying at this Courtyard!

- Internet wouldn't work in the room. When I called the front desk, it took 3 attempts before anybody picked up the phone. When informed of the internet problem, they sent a 65-year person (Hernandez) who is responsible for maintenance to fix the internet issue. He had no clue of what the technical problem was and returned without any resolution. I had to call the front desk again and after 1.5 hour they reset the servers/routers which allowed for internet access to work.
- There is a stinking smell in the hotel (room and hallway) like they have sprayed some detergent or carpet deodorant. It is disgusting. I am not sure if they change the bedsheets after each guest checks out. The reason I say this is because the beds are itchy, sheets felt used and worn out, and kept me up most of the 2 nites I stayed here. I am never coming back to this property again!!!
- I had a business dinner I had to attend on the 1st day. I wanted to take a shower before heading out. There was no hot water in the bathroom. The front desk asked me to let the water run for 5 minutes. I did that for 15 minutes and the best I got was lukewarm water. The maintenance staff told me that they turn down the water heaters in the afternoon and they will turn it back again to heat up the water. That was just unheard of and very disappointing. I was significantly delayed for dinner!
- The staff at the front desk is very unresponsive and unfriendly. I requested for a cab. They told me that the cab would arrive in 10 minutes. I waited for 25 minutes and requested the staff to call the cab company again. The lady (jenny at the front desk) told me that I just had to be patient. The cab didn't come for 40 minutes and it was unfortunate that Jenny didn't see the urgency to call the cab company again!
- This property doesn't provide water bottles or in-room mini fridge where you can buy beverages. I called the front desk if I can get a water bottle since I was thirsty and it was 10pm at night. The gentleman at the front desk indicated to me that he would send a water bottle, but they would charge me a couple of bucks on my hotel bill. I told them that it was not a problem. 20 minutes goes by and there is no water bottle. I called them again and this time Jenny picks up the phone. I asked her on the status of the request. She tells me that they made a mistake and they were not planning to send any water because it was not their responsibility. I told her that other gentleman had informed me that he would send the water and charge me for it which was fine by me. She became rude with her responses and basically indicated that the other gentleman made a mistake and I would have to just get my own water bottle myself. I felt that this was not very customer-friendly response and the staff didn't follow up after they made a service committment. After all, I was not asking anything for free. If they had told me upfront that they wouldn't do it, then I would have planned for other option. Anyway, I went to sleep without drinking any water that night. In my opinion, Jenny is not meant to be in the hospitality business.

Bottomline - I am not visiting this property in Miami. Fairly disappointed with this property and the service that its staff provides!

Room Tip: - Don't stay here as there are no tips for a good room. Save your money and go to some other ho...