“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 129 hotels in Miami
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My cousin and I visited Miami for Springbreak this year, and we stayed at the Dadeland Courtyard. It was great! The service was great! They had a free shuttle that picked us up from the hotel. They would also take you to surrounding areas for free as well, which was very convenient. They also had someone from Enterprise there to help with renting a car, which was very convenient. They will pick you up, and you can leave the car there once you are done. The location of the hotel was close to shopping, eating, and bars. And I loved the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room. The price was great too! Hotels in Miami are very expensive, but this hotel was very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed staying there, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott in Coconut Grove is a good value, with a very nice property for the money. There's a good-sized lobby with a few large televisions for hanging out or reading. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Everyone speaks both Spanish and English fluently.

The location is pretty good, if you don't want to be on Miami Beach (or pay Miami Beach prices). The hotel is a 5-minute walk away from the large Dadeland Mall, a shorter walk away from a smaller shopping area with a few restaurants and shops, literally across the street from a large Publix supermarket, and a few flocks away from the highway entrance -- yet somehow does not have a ton of traffic around the hotel. Our room was on the third floor, right above a busy street, yet we didn't find traffic noise to be a problem at all. The surrounding area seemed pretty safe to me, certainly during the day as well as at night.

Rooms are clean, well-decorated in hotel style, and good-sized. We stayed in a suite, which was plenty big, with a large separate room containing a kitchen counter area, mini-fridge, and microwave. The normal room our relatives stayed in looked similarly nice.

Breakfast is served daily. The buffet is pretty good, and a decent value (about $11). Waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. The hotel restaurant doesn't serve lunch or dinner, but we found a number of decent restaurants (Cuban, Mexican, burgers, a bar), plus the supermarket, within about 2 blocks.

The pool and pool area, with a hot tub, is very nice but small. For whatever reason, though, none of the other guests were ever at the pool during the times we were there, so we generally had the whole pool to ourselves.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just returned from Miam and had a bad experience staying at this Courtyard!

- Internet wouldn't work in the room. When I called the front desk, it took 3 attempts before anybody picked up the phone. When informed of the internet problem, they sent a 65-year person (Hernandez) who is responsible for maintenance to fix the internet issue. He had no clue of what the technical problem was and returned without any resolution. I had to call the front desk again and after 1.5 hour they reset the servers/routers which allowed for internet access to work.
- There is a stinking smell in the hotel (room and hallway) like they have sprayed some detergent or carpet deodorant. It is disgusting. I am not sure if they change the bedsheets after each guest checks out. The reason I say this is because the beds are itchy, sheets felt used and worn out, and kept me up most of the 2 nites I stayed here. I am never coming back to this property again!!!
- I had a business dinner I had to attend on the 1st day. I wanted to take a shower before heading out. There was no hot water in the bathroom. The front desk asked me to let the water run for 5 minutes. I did that for 15 minutes and the best I got was lukewarm water. The maintenance staff told me that they turn down the water heaters in the afternoon and they will turn it back again to heat up the water. That was just unheard of and very disappointing. I was significantly delayed for dinner!
- The staff at the front desk is very unresponsive and unfriendly. I requested for a cab. They told me that the cab would arrive in 10 minutes. I waited for 25 minutes and requested the staff to call the cab company again. The lady (jenny at the front desk) told me that I just had to be patient. The cab didn't come for 40 minutes and it was unfortunate that Jenny didn't see the urgency to call the cab company again!
- This property doesn't provide water bottles or in-room mini fridge where you can buy beverages. I called the front desk if I can get a water bottle since I was thirsty and it was 10pm at night. The gentleman at the front desk indicated to me that he would send a water bottle, but they would charge me a couple of bucks on my hotel bill. I told them that it was not a problem. 20 minutes goes by and there is no water bottle. I called them again and this time Jenny picks up the phone. I asked her on the status of the request. She tells me that they made a mistake and they were not planning to send any water because it was not their responsibility. I told her that other gentleman had informed me that he would send the water and charge me for it which was fine by me. She became rude with her responses and basically indicated that the other gentleman made a mistake and I would have to just get my own water bottle myself. I felt that this was not very customer-friendly response and the staff didn't follow up after they made a service committment. After all, I was not asking anything for free. If they had told me upfront that they wouldn't do it, then I would have planned for other option. Anyway, I went to sleep without drinking any water that night. In my opinion, Jenny is not meant to be in the hospitality business.

Bottomline - I am not visiting this property in Miami. Fairly disappointed with this property and the service that its staff provides!

Room Tip: - Don't stay here as there are no tips for a good room. Save your money and go to some other ho...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were in Miami for a wedding and stayed here with other wedding guests. Everyone we had contact with went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms were well maintained. The breakfast was good. The young man taking care of the breakfast area was outstanding. The front desk people were excellent. We had people coming and going all weekend and they stayed on top of it all. For us, this Courtyard was perfect as our home base while attending the wedding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I came back again for his work, and the place wasn't quite as nice as I remembered. The room is still decorated nicely and is spacious. The staff is very friendly and courteous, which is one of the better points. The gym is also great.

The downsides would be that this time we got a room near the road. It was on a higher floor but I could still hear road noise during the day. The evenings were ok though. I didn't hear anyone next door though. The bed seems like it needs replacing soon, as well as the towels.

The pool was heated and nice although it is small, surrounded by brick and beyond it is the road, so not exactly super relaxing. The hot tub was under construction too which was disappointing. The breakfast for $12 was not very good either, although they did have a lot of food options.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights with my husband and 2 year old. This was a pretty central location for us since we have family all over the Miami area.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious. They do have a breakfast buffet in the morning but we didnt use it.
There is a Publix grocery store across the street which was perfect for a cheaper breakfast option and to have snacks in the room.

The hotel has a small pool area. The valet was kind of a mess. Leaving our car at night with valet, means leaving your car in the middle of the street until they can find space to move it. Staff and housekeeping were very nice. My room was a standard King bedroom. The beds are comfortable and the room was a decent yet standard size.

The Dadeland mall, Starbucks, Old Navy and the I-826 (Palmetto) freeway are just a couple blocks away, There are also restaurants such as a Chili's, a pizza place and Mexican restaurant right off SW88th and SW72nd. (a few blocks). Plus restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory inside the mall.
With rush hour traffic, it was about a 20-25 minute drive from the Miami airport to the hotel.
If you drive from the hotel towards Miami Beach or Coral Gables..etc, be prepared to be in a lot of traffic on the Dixie Hwy. There is so much traffic and so many stop lights. Its a little frustrating.

All in all, I liked staying here and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Courtyard Dadeland hotel was a good choice for me and friends. It´s located very close to the Dadeland Shopping Mall, a Publix supermarket, some nice cafes and restaurants and also the metro, where you can connect to other shopping and leisure places in Miami. Some computers are available at the front desk for those who not have a notebook or tablet. Very nice and efficient staff, great housekeeping and incredibly silent room. The hotel is not new, but gave us a very good experience, indeed!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!