Just returned from Miam and had a bad experience staying at this Courtyard!
- Internet wouldn't work in the room. When I called the front desk, it took 3 attempts before anybody picked up the phone. When informed of the internet problem, they sent a 65-year person (Hernandez) who is responsible for maintenance to fix the internet issue. He had no clue of what the technical problem was and returned without any resolution. I had to call the front desk again and after 1.5 hour they reset the servers/routers which allowed for internet access to work.
- There is a stinking smell in the hotel (room and hallway) like they have sprayed some detergent or carpet deodorant. It is disgusting. I am not sure if they change the bedsheets after each guest checks out. The reason I say this is because the beds are itchy, sheets felt used and worn out, and kept me up most of the 2 nites I stayed here. I am never coming back to this property again!!!
- I had a business dinner I had to attend on the 1st day. I wanted to take a shower before heading out. There was no hot water in the bathroom. The front desk asked me to let the water run for 5 minutes. I did that for 15 minutes and the best I got was lukewarm water. The maintenance staff told me that they turn down the water heaters in the afternoon and they will turn it back again to heat up the water. That was just unheard of and very disappointing. I was significantly delayed for dinner!
- The staff at the front desk is very unresponsive and unfriendly. I requested for a cab. They told me that the cab would arrive in 10 minutes. I waited for 25 minutes and requested the staff to call the cab company again. The lady (jenny at the front desk) told me that I just had to be patient. The cab didn't come for 40 minutes and it was unfortunate that Jenny didn't see the urgency to call the cab company again!
- This property doesn't provide water bottles or in-room mini fridge where you can buy beverages. I called the front desk if I can get a water bottle since I was thirsty and it was 10pm at night. The gentleman at the front desk indicated to me that he would send a water bottle, but they would charge me a couple of bucks on my hotel bill. I told them that it was not a problem. 20 minutes goes by and there is no water bottle. I called them again and this time Jenny picks up the phone. I asked her on the status of the request. She tells me that they made a mistake and they were not planning to send any water because it was not their responsibility. I told her that other gentleman had informed me that he would send the water and charge me for it which was fine by me. She became rude with her responses and basically indicated that the other gentleman made a mistake and I would have to just get my own water bottle myself. I felt that this was not very customer-friendly response and the staff didn't follow up after they made a service committment. After all, I was not asking anything for free. If they had told me upfront that they wouldn't do it, then I would have planned for other option. Anyway, I went to sleep without drinking any water that night. In my opinion, Jenny is not meant to be in the hospitality business.
Bottomline - I am not visiting this property in Miami. Fairly disappointed with this property and the service that its staff provides!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Courtyard Miami Dadeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Miami Dadeland Hotel Miami
- Miami Courtyard
- Miami Marriott