“Reasonable price, sparking clean, smiling staff, great breakfast and well located.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Dadeland

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #79 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Rochester NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My friends and I stayed here because it was central to the golf courses that we play and within walking distance of a Publix grocery and several restaurants. Rooms were quiet. The hotel is spotless, nearly new and staffed by friendly people. No on site parking, valet only at $11/day, but they delivered the car quickly to the front door and the car can be retrieved multiple times with no additional fee (tip of course). Breakfast buffet was $10 and worth the price. Exercise room was small as was the hot tub, but these are minor issues. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Just got back to Trinidad from my holiday in Miami. This hotel is awesome. The staff was friendly, courteous, patient. The hotel is clean, spacious. Had no problems! The area is close to shopping & restaurants. Theres even a large market right nx door. I highly reccommend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with my wife and our 2-year old daughter.

First and foremost, the staff were very pleasant, gracious, and accommodating. I asked one of the housekeepers for an extra bottle of shampoo, and when she saw that I was staying there with my daughter, she promtly loaded me up with shampoos, soaps, lotions, and even a few extra towels. Very nice!

The parking situation is a bit laughable at times; just be aware that you're pretty much stuck with the valet parking prices, and thanks to the VERY limited availability, you'll be leaving your car in a jumbled mess, near the hotel's entrance if you return late in the evening. The parking attendants were very good about explaining the situation, though. I understand the area, and the fact that their hands were tied. Hey, what can ya do? They clear the cars as soon as space became available, so no complaints.

The hotel itself was fine. Clean and spacious common areas, Small and efficient excercise room and pool.

The property is situated across the street from a Publix grocery store, which was big, clean, and seemed to cater to the residents of the surrounding high-rise condos.

A tip: SKIP THE HOTEL BREAKFAST.
The Publix offers a variety of fresh pastries, a sit-down cafe', deli, and even a little booth which sells some great -tasting (and REALLY CHEAP) Cuban coffee.

The hotel is about a block away from SW 88th St. which offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including the HUGE MALL.

The rooms were clean and well appointed. The bathroom was spacious, with enough vanity/counter space to accommodate my wife's seemingly endless amount of cosmetics.

Though we did not have much of a view from our room, aside from the Publix parking lot, we were able to focus more on what was happening inside the room. Which we truly enjoyed.

Let's get something straight:

This is NOT a resort. What you're paying for is the convenient location. The pool is small, as is the exercise room, which in my opion, are just fine.

If you're looking for a clean, conveniently located, and spacious place to use as a base while you explore Miami, you can't go wrong here.

It's not the Ritz, but the staff, clean spaces, and location made our stay very enjoyable. Kudos!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Nice decor, big room and bathroom. Comfy bed. Free shuttle service to the airport was great.
Only negatives, walls seemed a little thin (either that or our neighbor was just loud at times). Overall the place was very clean, but I did see a couple of small ants in the bathroom. Vallet service also took some time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

The courtyard is a great hotel - spotlessly clean and the staff are very professional. The only reasons that I wouldnt give it five stars is due to the valet parking (just a personal preference for hotels with self parking) and the noise that can sometimes occur from the location of the hotel (it is surrounded by tall buildings so noise from other garages etc can be annoying if car alarms go off). I would definitely stay here again - you can walk to Dadeland mall and metrorail.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I loved my one night stay. Normally I stay across the road at the Dadeland Marriott, (must have stayed there more than two dozen nights (including a whole week) over the last 3 years, always with son or husband or both) but because I was travelling alone this time, and breakfast was included, in the great room rate of $101, I decided to try the Courtyard. I was not at all disappointed....rooms actually larger than the Dadeland M standard king/ 2 queen rooms, or at least have more free floor space. Comfortable king-size bed, (loads of pillows) comfortable couch, usable coffee table, usable desk and a connection box in front of the large swivel mounted TV where my IPod plugged in...There was an empty working fridge, great for the few things bought from the next door Publix.. Wireless internet connection in the room made using Skype from my ITouch very easy and best of all FREE. Ironing board and iron in the closet. No in room safe though.

The bathroom, was roomy, spotless (and I am a clean freak) with loads of towels. (They did have a chlorex odour, (as in a previous post) but faint so it was not that bad, and at least proved they were clean???). The shower was powerful and there was plenty of hot water. I am short so managed a nice soak in the tub, but would not be much of a soak for anyone tall.

There was a slight stale smell in the room when I arrived (no problem at all with an early check in at 11am), but when I mentioned it to the head housekeeper, (I met in her by chance in the corridor), she was very sympathtic and I think the carpet was given a shampoo while I was out, certainly the room did not smell stale when I got back about 5 hours later . The front desk staff were bright and helpful and welcoming, replacing a broken hair drier in a few minutes, and when my keycard didn't work in the door, someone was there to help before I got back from reporting it on the corridor phone...(of course the key then worked first time). (Apart from stale smell...minor points)

The free breakfast was much better than I expected, with a choice of cereals, fruit, pastries, sausages, bacon, and a chef preparing eggs to order, there were waffles, toast (toaster took ages though) and hot oats etc. Even so if I had to pay it would only have been $13...very good value. Not as extensive as some places, but definitely 100% better than say a Comfort Inn style buffet breakfast. In the lobby were two large fridges, one stocked with beverages (including beer) and one with things like prepared sandwiches and salads...also trays of snack type foods - help yourself and pay at reception. There was also complimentary coffee, tea and iced tea in the lobby and use of a microwave.

I like this area, because the Dadeland Mall is about 5 mins walk away (JC Penny, Macys, Saks and Nordstrom as anchors). There is a Metro station practically in the Dadeland Marriott and one stop away is Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and Best Buy Superstores (plus Sports Authority and Michaels) . (Metro now with a $5 all day ticket, great because can go back and forth the one stop and save having to pay $2 each way!!!). Across the highway are some others large stores like Payless, Borders etc. all within walking distance. The Free airport shuttle (serves both Marriotts) will drop off and pick up from the mall (great if you are laden with tired feet). Now the same shuttle even does a run to the Dolphin Mall for $15 return...

I would happily have stayed for the week, and will definitely stay there the next time I need some retail therapy....

The staff service in both hotels: I always had excellent service and a cheery "welcome back" at the Dadeland M I could not choose between the staff, at the Courtyard the staff equaled the DM, but for value the Courtyard wins hands down.....I will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I've been traveling to do business at the University of Miami for several months now. I've been staying at this Courtyard the entire time. The staff are incredibly efficient and friendly. Everyone from the service staff, Rene and Ana in the restaurant, Pier the Valet and Tina and Norma and the others in reception go the extra step to ensure that I have everything I needed in an efficient and timely manner.

My only gripe would be that the internet in the room is wired and slow (by today's standards). Other than that, I have nothing but praise for this hotel and it's staff.

You know, reading back over this, I realized that this is just a regular Courtyard hotel and while there certainly isn't anything wrong with that, it's the staff that makes this hotel more than JUST a Courtyard.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!