“Fabulous Personnel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 112 Hotels in Miami
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Fabulous Personnel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel has been around for awhile. While it shows its age, all I needed was a place to sleep, a hot shower and friendly people. I got all that I needed.

The value is outstanding, the location and that the guests turned out to be very diverse was another plus.

Morice, one of the bellmen was always helpful, all of the bellmen I should say always went out of their way to help, even when I did not ask.

One problem is it is next to a school so sometimes it was difficult to get out on the road, but when I figured out which way to go all was fine. Just ask the concierge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
hojomiagm, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time on commending Morice. It is our team's goal to make our hotel a Great Place to Stay. Though we fall short at times with no excuses, we value and thank you for taking the time to share our heart to serve. I will share with team and compliment Rene personally.

Orlando / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Me and my partner chose this hotel because of the convenient location. When we got to the airport we waited for over 2 hours and no shuttle showed up and then upon calling the hotel they said the shuttle was on the way and we kept calling and got an attitude. Upon arrival at the hotel in a taxi the manager and front desk staff was quite disrespectful an unapologetic. The second night of our stay at the hotel bed bugs attacked us thank God we were leaving in the morning we had bed bugs bites all over we would never staythere again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
gohappygohojo7707, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
I'm concerned about the incident that occurred at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology. Please e-mail me at Lorenzo.olmedo@prismhotels.com and let us know which room you stayed at so we can re-examine this issues and I appreciate next time you are in town to contact me personally so we could provide the excellent customer service you deserve.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Lorenzo Olmedo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed here five hours to have a place to rest after a cruise and before a flight out of Miami. Beds were very comfortable and clean. We were able to checkin immediately at 10 am and only paid 58 dollars for two double beds. Free shuttle service to airport was nice since it costs about 45 dollars from port to hotel. Hotel restaurant was not open but I grabbed snacks from the sundry store in the hotel. For price and closeness to airport I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time to recommend our hotel. It is our team's goal to make our hotel a Great Place to Stay. Though we fall short at times with no excuses, we value and thank you for taking the time to share our heart to serve. I will share with team your sincere comments.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

The hotel is not bad. Internet is free. The pool is nice. There is a mall right across the street but you can't walk. You have to drive. There is enough parking and parking lot is big. However, the staff is not friendly at all. Actually the day we checked in the guy (too bad I can't remember his name) tried to give us a smoking room instead of a non-smoking and he said that the reservation was made for a smoking room...yeah right! Although we finally got our non-smoking room, the guy was very rude and used a sarcastic tone when talking to us. The only VERY FRIENDLY person in this hotel was the guy who helped us with the trolley (his name is ERNESTO). He really is a very nice guy and gave us many suggestions on where to go and what to do while in Hialeah. Thank you Ernesto, you should be promoted to lobby staff!!!
And by the way...the fitness center was out of service during our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time on commending Ernesto. It is our team's goal to make our hotel a Great Place to Stay. Though we fall short at times with no excuses, we value and thank you for taking the time to share our heart to serve and where we can improve. I will share with team and compliment Ernesto personally.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

One would assume an airport hotel would have a shutle service. Seems this one does but if you want to try to arrange a collection you better speak Spanish and be willing to call at least four times. Seems this hotel loves to hang up on callers - or was it just me?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
gohappygohojo7707, Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear guest:

We appreciate your feedback on the communication breakdown and please accept our most sincere apologies. We are in this business to create customers and keep them. You are the purpose of our business and we appreciate any information and feedback that would make us better. Please call the front office manager next time you are in town for any type of service. Until next time. All the best. LO
barataria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

the Howard Johnson hotel,Miami.
the hotel service was excellent.the housekeeper made sure to clean the room when we were not there and the conceirge/tour opperater was very pleasant and the shuttle service was great but he was sometimes late but othkn erwise the service was great.I would reccomend this hotel i had a great stay ,now it's time to talk about the resturant the food wasn't that good but it was ok and that is my review

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time on commending our Housekeeping Department and our hotel. It is our team's goal to make our hotel a Great Place to Stay. Though we fall short at times with no excuses, we value and thank you for taking the time to share our heart to serve. I will share with team and compliment Housekeeping Team personally.

Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I just got back from Howard Johnson last week. This was my second time there. The first time was in August 2009. I had no problems on that trip. Howard Johnson now offers just two continental breakfast tickets per room for each day of your stay. When we arrived we were short on the coupons but did not bother to say anything at the time because we did not think it would be a problem to come back when we were ready and get the extra ticket. I went to the front desk and told the lady we were short one and she told me that it was impossible. I did not know it was impossible for humans to make mistakes, but in other words I was made to look like an idiot. She told me to wait a while until she finished off some paper work that was in her hands. I waited a few seconds then another front desk employee asked my concern. I told him I was waiting until the other lady was through because I thought she was going to take care of the situation and hand me another coupon. but then she says to me, 'you need to tell him". I felt like I was being tossed around. I explain the situation again to whom I perceived to be the supervisor and low to my surprise he told me that I was wrong that I got the correct amount of coupons and that I was not short. Now I was being made to look like a liar. I was highly upset because this man was not even on the desk when we first arrived. He just took her side and refused to give me another coupon. We got in a heated argument, yes that's right, he argued with me word for word and even told me to shut up and said that I was stupid also, when I told him he was stupid. I have a degree in Professional management and what I experienced with Howard Johnson front desk staff was very poor customer service. You should never argue with your customer. The continental breakfast was only, tea, juice, a small cup of fruits and a pastry. I asked him, why would I lie for a cup of tea. I told him I was not coming back to that hotel and he said, 'good'. Even if the hotel has a strict policy on the amount of coupons they give out they should allow for short comings as in my case. I would of gladly signed a note to say I received an 'extra' coupon. In fact as a supervisor/manager there are times when all the rules are not laid down in the books and you have to be able to make decisions on your feet. Do you loose a customer and possibly more for me posting this bad experience or do you just go ahead and try to keep a happy customer. the next day I went to use the internet service and the printers were not functioning. The guy at the internet desk was nice enough to allow me to use it free of charge just because he knew that I was not able to print anything. I still offered to pay when I was done but he did not accept it, for this I was able to enjoy the rest of my stay at Howard Johnson but I can't say that I will return. Other than that it is a nice hotel. This was on the morning of August 12th. I am writing Howard Johnson and letting them know of this rude service and I hope that these two are reprimanded for the sake of the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
gohappygohojo7707, Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised will be addressed, and we will the appropriate action . Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs and feel free to contact me directly for personalized customer service. Until then, all the best. Lorenzo Olmedo .

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport? Share your experiences!