“Great Value for Greater Miami Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #86 of 129 hotels in Miami
Medina, Ohio
“Great Value for Greater Miami Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel, and given what we paid, we have no complaints. It's an adequate, newer facility with decent service and facilities. Granted, the location is not that great, but for less than $50 a night, we didn't complain.

The hotel is located right off of the Palmetto Expressway. It is visible from the highway, and easy to find. The hotel has a large amount of free parking, including a three story garage. We found this to be great, given that many hotels in and around Miami charge for their parking. The neighborhood doesn't give the best vibe, but we never felt unsafe.

The lobby is large and inviting. The pool and hot tub are located right off the lobby, and were stylish and well lit. We had a third floor room which was large and had nice beds. Most of the ice machines were broken, so we had to take an elevator to the 7th floor to stock up on ice.

My main complaint is that the walls are paper thin. We could hear the night club, despite the fact that we were three floors up and across the hotel. Luckily, we travel with a white noise machine.

Overall, decent stay. Given the price we paid, I would be happy to return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

782 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

The hotel staff was polite and the room was clean. I had a nice breakfast in the restuarant that morning before I left for the airport. The close proximity to the shopping center was a decided plus.
Now the big minus. I live in Chicago. It is usually very cold in December. I wore my leather jacket from Chicago to Miami. In Miami, the jacket was unnecessary when I went shopping, so I hung it in the closet. The next morning, it was warm and balmy and I forgot it when I left for the airport.
I arrived in Mexico City and still didn't miss the jacket until the evening. Knowing that lost items are usually kept for thirty days and that I would be returning to Miami on Tuesday on my way back home, I decided to just pick the jacket up on my way home. When I called the hotel, I was told that the jacket had not been turned in. Perhaps I did not wear one.
I contacted Travelocity and they told the agent at first that they could not even confirm that I had stayed at the hotel. The security deposit charged on my Visa belied that. Now I am finding it impossible to lodge a complaint. My primary concern now is that I be compensated for my loss. I was sick with a cold for a week upon my return as it was a blustery, 15 degrees on the evening of December 16th and surprise! I had no outer jacket. What is the world coming to when a hotel is willing to lose business to protect a dishonest staff member?
Donna A. Nunn Chicago, IL
email: DNunn45@aol.com

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and we had a very early flight the day after. How come they called this hotel Plaza Hotel Miami Airport when they are located miles from the airport!!!
Once we enter to the room, the first thing I saw was a Cockroack in the bathroom. When my daughter went to bed she found a dirty hairy pillow. TV remote control didn´t work, etc.
Would never recommend !!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

The hotel is excellent. I liked it, excellent location for shopping, excellent staff , everything you need is around the area and the price was excellent for the room and facilities, it included free parking place and also breakfast and Free Wifi .Special attention for Lorenzo , the manager and Daya, they were very polite and helpful.Thanks for all .
I think that the breakfast need an improvement something like a buffet.
Sincerely Marcelo Moritz,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
CHICAGO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This place was below my standards! I read the description very well and when I arrived I was disgusted by the look and the location. The front desk and the shuttle driver were very polite! The distance from the airport was a bit further than I expected and the type of people I saw roaming around to get into the night club were thugs! I felt unsafe and horribly dissatisfied when I was told I had to put a $25 deposit down after I had already paid in advance in Aug 09 for this stay! I was on the 2nd flr and heard the night club clearly through the floor! No rest at all! What type of establishment would have a club occupied(Wed) with guest from the streets and roaming the halls when there are paid guest looking for rest and comfort for whatever the reason of staying at this hotel??? The hotel also states that they had renovated and it is so beautiful inside-----LIES! I hope others will trust and believe some of the reviews because no one deserves to read one thing and see another! If all possible, sacrifice and go with a 4-star or 5-star rating! When I departed Miami I was happy to know that I went with a 4-star hotel and much closer to the Miami airport as stated when I booked. I'm calling the BBB and posting pics to back my experience up!

• Stayed November 2009
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Well , I travel to miami every year, sometimes twice a year, and never stayed in a hotel far from miami beach. but always i rent a car , so i decided do try a budget hotel once. and no regrets at all! this hotel is a good hotel for the money . in 20 minutes you can go to all directions ( aventura... south miami.. miami beach... )
So if you want to spend less money to sleep in a good hotel and you will rent a car , you can stay in this hotel for sure!
Very big and confortable room. free wifi in room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

This is a 100% cuban that is because it is in Hialeah BROTHE!!! The rooms are not that bad. They are clean even though the carpet is dark so you really do not know where is touching your foot. Free parking and free internet. The people who stayed is disgusting,,, they seemed they came form the same exact place; at 10PM the hall is full of empty pizza boxex, and every kind of food, so you can imagine the smell. !! That really sucks. In the lobby that is being upgraded there is a smell of wet carpet that never dried entirely. This place is good for many people. If you are the guy who likes to order food from the neighborhood and throw out the box just out of your door, you are in the right place.!!! I almost forgot. I arrived at night and there was no towels in my tub.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!