My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel, and given what we paid, we have no complaints. It's an adequate, newer facility with decent service and facilities. Granted, the location is not that great, but for less than $50 a night, we didn't complain.
The hotel is located right off of the Palmetto Expressway. It is visible from the highway, and easy to find. The hotel has a large amount of free parking, including a three story garage. We found this to be great, given that many hotels in and around Miami charge for their parking. The neighborhood doesn't give the best vibe, but we never felt unsafe.
The lobby is large and inviting. The pool and hot tub are located right off the lobby, and were stylish and well lit. We had a third floor room which was large and had nice beds. Most of the ice machines were broken, so we had to take an elevator to the 7th floor to stock up on ice.
My main complaint is that the walls are paper thin. We could hear the night club, despite the fact that we were three floors up and across the hotel. Luckily, we travel with a white noise machine.
Overall, decent stay. Given the price we paid, I would be happy to return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport
- Miami Howard Johnson
- Hialeah Gardens Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Miami Airport
- Howard Johnson Hialeah Gardens