You added Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport to your Saves list
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #89 of 122 Hotels in Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This disgusting and filthy hotel does not deserve one star. They have a nice and inviting lobby outside of that it is horrid. The carpets in the hallways are stained and worn. The bedding is stained, the furniture is stained, the highway is noisy. I did not even attempt to sleep on the disgusting bed. I slept on what would be considered a computer desk chair, a wooden one at that. The staff is not kind, maybe had I spoke Spanish they would have been. I had delayed luggage delivered to the hotel and twice asked the staff that they call me when it arrived. That did not happen, no call. I would never recommend this horrible place to anyone, ever. I had the displeasure of staying in room 410. I would feel less filthy sleeping in the airport or on the street. I am completely disgusted and to be charged nearly $150 a night is sickening. Thankfully, I only had to make it through one night. I took the very first shuttle to the airport in the AM just to get out of there. Yes, I would rather wait in the airport than be anywhere on this property. This place is the WORST place I have ever stayed and refuse to stay at any Wyndham branded properties based solely on this experience. But hey, they do have a tube tv.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Was expecting better from a reputable major hotel chain especially at price we paid. Needs a major overhaul. Carpets and hallways are filthy, sheets did not fit on bed kept coming off, coffee maker broken, did not even consider going into pool or hot tub, overall grimy. A bit far from airport, shuttle runs not very often, leave early to avoid being stuck in traffic for flight. On the positive side,as I was there for 2 nights I was able to take advantage of the great location close to large 24 hour Walmart, large shopping center and many restaurants. Also the staff was absolutely wonderful in spite of the many complaints they must have to deal with daily. Buyer beware!!

Room Tip: Not at this hotel!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Barbados
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel needs a lot of work, carpets are terrible walls are dirty, front desk is slow, beds need to be replaced

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I went to my cousin's wedding dress early December and only stayed there for 4 nights. The overall experience was not pleasant. First of all, the whole floor we stayed at had an old carpet smell. Pretty much I sneeze the whole time I was at the hotel. Also, I was traveling with my husband and my newborn so I asked for a bassinet/crib. The bassinet was soooo old, we decided to sleep with our baby on our bed. Then, the second night we were there, we heard gun shots(3 of them) at 5:00 am so I could not go back to sleep. The following day the fire alarm went off around the same time. Another sleepless night. Also, the towels they give are super old. Be sure to bring your own towels. One of those days we also had to beg for towels. The cleaning lady forgot to put the towels on the whole floor! We came back to the hotel from the beach around 6 and we finally got our towels at 8! So we ended up going to dinner(with a newborn) at 9ish. This hotel is really not worth the money!

• Stayed December 2014
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We arrived at the hotel which we reserved weeks ahead of time. The outside looked great and the main lobby was very nice we were quite excited about our hotel decision. But however that is where it all fell apart. Upon checking in we were told that there was a problem with us getting a king bed which is what we had reserved. We were than put in a smoking room which if we wanted a king bed was our only option. We went to the elevators which looked like they came out of arun down apartment building . Got on to the fourth floor which was littered with garbage everywhere. LITERALLY. Our room was run down there were stains all over the carpet and chairs. The furnishings looked like they came out of someones trash. When we went out for a walk we told the desk about the trash in the hall they said they would have some clean it up. When we returned at around midnight the trash was still there. We just shrugged our shoulders went in our room and got ready for bed. We were very tired after our long day. we went to get in bed to find that the sheets were dirty and even had a blood stain on them. NASTY!!!! When we got up in the morning and were getting ready for our cruise we thought oh well lets not let it ruin our vacation. So we had our showers but when my wife went to blow dry her hair it sucked her hair in because she had not realized that the back had been broken off exposing the fan. When she tried to get her hair out in a panic she got her fingers caught. I had enough I left my room to go down to complain only to find the garbage still all over the hall. Upon telling the manager about our issues and that we were supposed to be staying another night upon our return from the cruise she apoligised gave us a discount on last nights stay and said that she would move us to the penthouse suite for our upcoming stay at no extra charge. She assured me that the rooms were much nicer. WRONG!!!! The floor was still all stained as well as the furniture which was just as beat up and run down as the other room. It was a cold night in Miami and we could not get our room to go over 62 degrees we froze all night long. When I said something to the manager all she had to say was that there is no heat in the rooms. WHAT???? WE went to the restaurant to eat our INCLUDED breakfast which when we asked for bacon came with a slice of lunch meat ham .THE FOOD WAS COLD!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very well located, this is the major strenght, Clean, but rugs are so old. i have an inconvinience, I did a reservation on Howard Jonhson website dor 2 different dates, The rate was very very cheap and I was surprised. The 1st was for one night and everything was ok, except that breakfast wast not included in the rate (I did not notice it wasnt, that was one reason for low price). The 2nd date I was allocated to a smoking allowed room. For me that was innaceptable, since my daughter has allergy. In the frontdesk they explained to me that a non smoking room will cost more. My low rate dissapear and the price increase by including breakfast and non smoking rate. Be careful and alway read what does your reservation includes. I recommend the hotel only by its location

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!