“Shopping Trip to Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 129 hotels in Miami
Oranjestad, Aruba
“Shopping Trip to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The shuttle driver he was the one who makes our travel day , a good evening. We got the 10th floor, as they called THE PENTHOUSE. The balcony sliding door was not clean, but when we opened it , it was a beauty sight over the area. In the morning it was so nice to see the sunrise to the horizon and the movement of the traffic. The frontdesk is very nice. The front desk clerks were very attend with the guests.The restaurant was not recommended by the hotel itself. Overall it is good. In the area is overall malls, shopping places, and restaurants. My recomendation for shoppers. We would like to say "Thank You" to MORICE for his good service he gave to us.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less problem with noises.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

772 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'm was not pleased with my stay at this hotel for the 2 nights I stayed. The ice machines only worked on the 10th floor, the housekeeper took every single towel and wash rag my family had in the room and did not replace with clean ones, leaving us with no wash rags or towels, had to call to get more. Housekeeper also threw away the 3 spoons I saved for my kids to eat their cereal with, leaving my kids not being able to eat their cereal for breakfast. I actually needed a hotel for 2 more nights, decided to go to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Curitiba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Cheap but stinking. Looks like a road hotel, you can hear everything from the others rooms. Poor breakfast and it is not that close to the airport. The service is pretty basic and the room it was a mess.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
La Crescenta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The people working here are great. The night bartender went out of his way to stay open after hours to accommodate us after we got hosed by American Airlines. If you have flight troubles and the airlines is going to help you out do not let them put you here. It is a dump. Why would you offer car rental by the hour? This hotel is not near the airport. It is 25 minutes out. We passed multiple La Quintas. You will have to taxi back to the airport if you need to be there before 6:30am. The shuttle starts at 6:00am.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife ended up choosing this hotel due to their economical prices. Upon arrival I noticed the lobby was nicer than I expected. The front desk clerk Onasis, was absolutely the best. He welcomed me with a smile and pronounced my last name correctly (hard thing to do). He made the checking in process quick and easy(which was great because I was dead tired from my flight).

Our room wasn't the best. The WIFI on our room was garbage. Took forever to open up emails. The TV was super outdated but the sheets smelled fine and the bed was comfy.

Cant say much about the complimentary breakfast because we slept in.

Overall is was a good.

Will return due to cheap one night stay and great customer service at check in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hialeah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed on the 10 floor (top floor) facing the Shell on 103 st. The room itself was nice but because of where we were facing it was very noisy, no privacy every time we went on the balcony we could see a lot of people , State troopers facing the Hotel, you cant even turn the balcony light off,I had to get dressed every time I wanted to go to balcony . The rooms were clean . The bed was comfy. The Hotel is nice its got a bar/lounge, shops . The pool is very nice,it lights up with different colors.

Room Tip: The 10 th floor is good , just face north side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!