“STAY AWAY< WE WERE ROBBED!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #95 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“STAY AWAY< WE WERE ROBBED!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We checked in for two days (10-26-27-2013) on Sunday 10-27-2013 by 8:30 am taking our belongins to our car we noticed that the car got broke in and stole all the shopping (about $700.00 that we did the day before) and was covered with trunk shade cargo, immediatly we reported with front desk and the attendant just responded that there was nothing to be done, that she will call the police report because hotel did not has any responsability. The Manager was not available in premises and took me about 45 min. to see the face of the Supervisor that was hidden in an office, I just told her that her behaviour was unnaceptable and lack of professionalism, I suggest they should inform travelers of their risk when they park their car in this hotel premises where there is no security. They protect themselves saying that at the entrance of the garage were a post sign, that we did not saw, we were exhasusted and very tired when we parked our car was about 9:45PM and as I mentioned parking is well light; not having any policy to protect their guests is irresponsable and a property this big with not security in the property; this place is definitly a candy store with criminals that already know this place lack security. We are convincedthat what happen to us is not the first time either, the the cop that help us to complaint and get a police report confirm this statement. No having security in this property is clear that HJ just care for their share and make few happy customers, I WILL NEVER visit them again and I will do anything possible to keep families away from this property where they behavior allow criminals to step in easily and steal. Someone in HJ is accomplice with these criminals.For the amount of money that you pay in this property you could do better in other places in Miami. Dirty bathroom, lack of towels, dirty bathroom, broken shower curtain, stained linen sheets. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! This people did not even apologize to us,,,in my Bible say that these criminals has their date count it!!! No one can succeed doing wrong to others!!! Our first and last time !! PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
FAVORANDGRACE--Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
ST.JOHN'S ANTIGUA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I must say at first my thoughts where" this room was a dump" , i got a smoking room first off because off short notice with my flights so I just said how bad could it be its just over night. When i got there i had to wait for ever for the shuttle. The check in was ok since i had already booked online. My Room was another story,even if it was a smoking room it could look better ,the chairs were stained and blankets looked dirty ,i found hair on the bathroom floor and the tub not cleaned properly. Honestly i was too tired to complain at that hour. I was forced to stay there on my way back ,but i must say it was a totally different experience.The ppl where much nicer ..my room was great ,it was clean !!! I could not complain it lived up. But my only advise would be make sure u speak up if something is out of whack in your room regardless of the time. The aim to please . To them i think they should take better care of the rooms even the smoking ones that cost less Just because the are smokers does not mean it must be a pigpen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
SPENCEY268—Thank you for posting a review of your recent stays at my hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your first stay. I have addressed the matter with the shuttle drivers and the housekeeping team. However, I am relieved that we got things right during your second stay. I appreciate the opportunity redeem ourselves.

I hope to serve you the next time that you are in Miami.

Safe travels
RICHMOND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I would not have picked this place for myself, but I was attending a convention held at this location. For over 100 dollars a night, I expect to at least get a clean bathroom, but that was not to be. Rooms have been touched up with a lick of paint and new carpet, but the bathrooms appear to have not been updated (or cleaned) since the facility was built. Filthy, stained and cracked tile, covered in old hair, a tub I wouldn't have stood in on a bet and a sink that had leaked rust into the floor below the drain.

The wall decor consisted of caricatures of Black people toiling in orange groves, living in shacks and fishing in the river. The pictures were one of the only new things in the room, so someone apparently thought this was appropriate for 2013.

The last straw was the next morning, when we tried to go to the hotel restaurant for breakfast, only to be informed that it was closed to the public for the exclusive use of another group that was also having a function that weekend.

I don't care what is going on at this hotel in the future, I will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Mary B-- Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience regarding room cleanliness. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and they are making sure best practices are in place so these issues do not surface again. I apologize that the restaurant was not open because it was reserved for a large group during your visit.

The art work in our guestrooms has a “Caribbean” theme. We have guests from many parts of the world who seem to like the decor. The print that you referenced is titled, “People carrying lots of fruit.” I apologize if you were offended by the rustic island depictions.

Thanks again and safe travels.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent room in a full service hotel. Free garage parking for a 2 week cruise and free cooked to order breakfast was a real plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Sandra W--Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at the Howard Johnson Plaza hotel. I appreciate the kind words and I hope that you enjoyed your cruise. I look forward to having you as a guest on your next visit to Miami.

Safe travels.
North Tonawanda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The front desk needed more help. The rooms and the entire building needs renovations. The chairs inside the room were dirty and stained. The tile in the bathroom and sinks were old. The blankets on the bed worn out. It needs major updates!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Aide S--Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Let me take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Safe travels.
Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is not fancy but is good for a short shopping trip. Taxis are very difficult to get when shopping at Walmart late. We waited over 2 hours.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!