My first impression, probably the worst part, was the hotel shuttle service from the airport. I waited around 40 minutes, and heard that others were waiting for close to an hour. When the driver finally arrived he was incredibly rude and distant. We tried asking several questions about the distance to the hotel and the reason for the long wait, and he would either ignore us or say that he didn't speak much English. He was a tall older man with glasses, but we never got his name. At one point he yelled back at one of the passengers in annoyance because they kept asking the same question with no response from him. To add to the problem, the shuttle reeked like an ashtray and it was clear that the driver had been smoking right before the pickup.
Upon arrival the "Night Auditor," Kazi, was completely unsympathetic. Everyone on that shuttle had complaints about the driver, but he just shrugged it off like he could care less. Some of the passengers were shocked to find out that the free shuttle has an extremely limited schedule and didn't start until after their flight was departing.
The hotel rooms themselves were average, but the halls and other parts of the hotel are fairly run-down. Going back to the service, I just feel that they need to recognize that every employee, down to the driver of their shuttles, are the face of HoJo. If they start you off on the wrong foot, there's no way you will be able to overlook the rest of the experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport
- Miami Howard Johnson
- Hialeah Gardens Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Miami Airport
- Howard Johnson Hialeah Gardens