“The stay at the hotel was very good. However, I had to call...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #86 of 129 hotels in Miami
Peterborough
“The stay at the hotel was very good. However, I had to call...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The stay at the hotel was very good. However, I had to call 4times to reserve our room. I was transferred several times with no reply. The final straw was after being transferred to the front desk someone answered and said hat she couldnt handle reservations! I finally had enough and ordered her to find someone that could Iwas thenreluctantly transferred again to a person who actually was helpful.. During this ordeal. Somebody was to call me back within one half hour. I waited two hours with no call. Mary Vasiga.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Mary V- Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Howard Johnson hotel. However, I apologize that it took such an effort on your part to make a reservation. I am grateful for your persistence. I have shared your comment with the reservations department and I am sure that we will get it right next time.

Safe travels.

772 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My worst deal on the Internet. The main issue is their shuttle service. I waited 1 hour and fifteen minutes before they came, made numerous calls. While waiting I saw the shuttles for most other hotels go by me twice. They know this is a problem yet they don't fix it. The shuttle and hotel are dated and worn need repair. Only positive was the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JOhn_frOm_CalifOrnia--We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for our guests and are committed to exceeding their expectations on every stay. We clearly fell below your expectations and it looks like it started at the airport. I can offer no excuses for having you wait an hour at the airprot and I am sorrty that this happened, We take all reviews seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you for your time.
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The only reason I did not rate this hotel as terrible was because front desk people that was kind nice, Hotel is; Noisy, because it is allocated next to a highway and peoples stays in hallway chatting loud vry late in the night, Filthy, because carpets, curtains, chairs and bath are stained, Uncomfortable, because mattress seems to be had a good life long years ago, they have four elevators but just one working at the lowest speed it can.

I think service room sgould be very good as you can find in the mornings tons of dishes in the rooms hallway.

It is close to the airport if almost 10 miles is nothing for you.

This is the first time I rate a hotel with such low score but it is also true it is my very first time in a hotel like this.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Malexrs- Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the friendliness of my staff. However, I apologize that we fell well short of your expectations on the other aspects of your stay. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and we will address them immediately.

Safe travels.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is tired, dirty and downright unwelcoming. Hallway carpets are stained, with unknown substances on the walls, lamp bases etc and other areas guest must touch. It's location to major highways makes the rooms very noisy with motorcycles, emergency vehicles and automobile sounds disrupting any sleep.

We were so disgusted after checking in and seeing our room, we cancelled the reservation, and attempted to find another hotel at 10pm at night after a long day.

This is not a good hotel and we would advise you to continue your search for a Miami hotel.

Room Tip: In order to choose a good room..find another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Albert E, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
1OttawaBob1- I am very disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I value what my guests have to say regarding their experiences. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and we will address the items immediately.

Safe travels

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!