“Would definitely stay at this hotel next time i'm in Miami :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #81 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Trinidad
“Would definitely stay at this hotel next time i'm in Miami :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've been to this hotel three times and I'd keep staying here every time I decide to visit Miami. I've reviewed this hotel before and I'm reviewing it again since I stayed this month (August 2011). My previous visit to this hotel (july 2009) was simply ok. This time it was way better. The renovations are completed and the hotel is simply exotic. Rooms are clean, staff is very friendly and VERY helpful, the gift shop have some nice stuff, the pool is very nice, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean and the concierge service is really really good. This hotel makes me feel at home. My only problem is the restaurant. The restaurant is not bad but not great either. There needs to be more variety in food (thats my only complain). Overall, I love this hotel, its simply great and exotic and deluxe and comfortable. The shuttle service is also really good and on time. Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

You need to know something before you'll get there. They barely speak english, at the front desk they do, but breakfast or housekeeping staff does not, at all. Even if you don't resemble spanish they won't even try to speak to you in english.
Men at the front desk seem like they don't know or don't want to work. Everything is slow. Especially I didn't like one there, resembles Homer Simpson's boss, he was starring at me which I didn't appreciate at all and once when I was alone he wanted to have a conversation with me.

Be prepared if you decide to go for breakfast - first go to the front desk and ask for a "breakfast badge", then go to their restaurant, a lady will show you where to seat, don't even think about sitting somewhere else (once we met our friends there and started talking - a lady was screaming at us in spanish through all the restaurant that we had to come because she was waiting). The breakfast is always the same and bad: powdered eggs mixed in water, super fat bacon and potatoes, looks better than taste. You can always order from menu and you will pay around $12.34, but you will still have those great eggs so don't bother. Breakfast is till 11am, I learned it when they didn't want to serve my friend at that time. There's one thing bothering me - I found a very dried piece of eggs on my plate so I think they just give us somebody's leftovers!

Rooms are quite dirty, but fortunately bed was ok and seemed clean (no bed bugs). Coffee maker you will find in the bathroom (!). Towels are small. Pool towels seem hospital ones. Pool is ok though. Ah and there's a $1/day charge for a safe usage.
Summary: the hotel is ok, but service is bad. I rather will not come back there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was our first trip with my husband and our 15 months old son. We where supposed to meet with my MIL and her husband there. First, I totally agree with some people that say "why is this under airport hotels?" It's very far from the airport, like 20 minutes from it. The area is Hialeah and it's awful and dangerous.
When I arrived to the hotel the two things I remember are that nobody helped us with our things (we were loaded with baby, lugages, stroller, baby car seat, etc) and that there was a table with a glittery tablecloth and fake flowers, so cheap and tacky.

The room seemed dirty, the carpets where dirty, my son walked a little and his socks where black! The food was terrible and they took forever to bring the food to the room.
All I wanted was to get out of this hotel.
The best: Anything!
The least: everything

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

To call this place an airport hotel is somewhat misleading.
First, it's not near the airport, and secondly it does not have
the standards of an average airport hotel.
Behind the front desk there was only one person serving
hundreds of guests in temperatures close to frost!
Anyone could enter the lobby, the elevator and the corridors,
so there were advertisements from various shady businesses
scattered all over the floors.
The safety deposit box didn't work, and they didn't have one at
the desk, so we were advised to carry our valuables the whole time.
At 10 pm the restaurant was turned into a disco, so don't count
on having a late hot meal.
The rooms and free parking was all right, but breakfast was
horrendous!
A hotel you'd use for an overnight stay on your way through Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Fernando, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My family and i stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for our Easter and by day 2 our trip was ruined. My husband and I got food poisoning from the hotel restaurant food and was throwing up and experiencing diarrhea all night and into the morning. When i called for assistance the 'hotel manager' advised that i take a taxi to the nearest pharmacy. We have 2 toddlers so this was not an option at 2am!! In the morning i wrote a complaint to the restaurant manager and was offered fruits and a bottle of water. When we tried to find out how far our complaint had reached and if we were being taken serious we were told that the manager was not available and that he had already given us a bowl or fruit. This was our first family vacation to the USA and to Howard Johnson hotel. If this is the kind of service being offered you can bet we'll never be returning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Our last stay back in March was good. This time was a little different. On the 1st day, my husband knew the AC wasn't working properly. We lowered the temp. in our room all the way, but the room never got cold, it was just "cool".The 2nd day, when we came out of the elevator, the whole ceiling was busted and gushing water. The fire guy who was sweeping the water just said "walk around it"! When we got back from our outing, the ground was still wet downstairs. When we went up to our penthouse room, it was like entering a volcano. It was HOT! When we got to our room, it maintained a cool temperature so it was not overly uncomfortable. We had purchased so many stuff that moving to another room was not an option, although we were only given an option when we asked! No one ever called us to say the AC was down, we're sorry for the inconvenience, what can we do to assist you to make you feel more comfortable, we are working on the problem .. NOTHING!! We decided to ignore it as best as possible since it was only a 4 day stay. The phone was covered in dirt this time, we had to clean and sanitize before we used it, and the carpets were spotted. We left on our last day, and the AC still was not fixed properly. Upon checkout, we still did not even receive an apology.
Only stay at this hotel if you need a place to sleep, don't go there thinking its a home away from home because you do not get that treatment.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have been coming once per month to this hotel for over a year now. The free shuttle picks me up at Miami Airport, and takes me back at the end of my week stay. The staff is great and food at restaurant excellent. I don't know how an italian cheff does such a great job with jerk chicken, but he does. The happy hour 2 for 1 lobby bar from 5 to 7 PM is really happy. The rooms are spacious, clean and have excellent views. Shuttle to mall a few blocks away, and restaurants all around. Pool is cool especially in summer months. Free covered parking. I highly recommend this hotel, value for money is excellent.

Room Tip: Hotel has 9 floors, upper floors have great views